First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I haven't even made my passenger tail light yet 😞.... But I do have 13 3d printers now. At this point, with how cheap the rugged ridge lights are, I wasn't sure anyone was still excited for these.

I've also been researching a lot more too. Trying to find something a lot easier to wire for production.
I still want them

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
OP
OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
They call it kevlar paint .. pretty much a glorified truck liner... Should be easy to fix scratches on

Sponsored

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Well I won't say I'm not bummed. Was just thinking last night how cool these were going to end up being. I would volunteer to finish what was started but computer programming is just too tedious for me. I did it college, and passed that class, but absolutely abhorred it. Apple pays my brother a lot of $ to code and I just say you can have all that. I will ask him if he'd be interested in it he does do 3d printing too, but he doesn't have a JL or JT so it would be hard to do it logistically, l will PM you if I have anything further on it.

OP
OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Well I won't say I'm not bummed. Was just thinking last night how cool these were going to end up being. I would volunteer to finish what was started but computer programming is just too tedious for me. I did it college, and passed that class, but absolutely abhorred it. Apple pays my brother a lot of $ to code and I just say you can have all that. I will ask him if he'd be interested in it he does do 3d printing too, but he doesn't have a JL or JT so it would be hard to do it logistically, l will PM you if I have anything further on it.

The cad files, and coding are complete.... It's the wiring that is the fun part.... But then there's the not being bright enough..... I have new LEDs that fix that, but they require a lot of soldering, and a different programming board that cost $34 that has I believe 28 out puts.... So every 3 to 4 LEDs will have to have a resistor and wired to a different output channel to be able to do patterns such as sequencing, start up animations, and so on .... A lot of work.... so much work that you would probably have to sell for $1000 to make any sort of profit for your time.

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Looking back through the whole thread these seem to be the 3 options to avoid looking similar to the Oracle lights.

tail light_wide_bar.jpg

tail light_wide_bar_2.jpg
Any chance of getting the model to try and get this design achieved. I only have interest in making for myself so not try to profit off the work you did. If not I will start considering the Oracle tails.

OP
OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Any chance of getting the model to try and get this design achieved. I only have interest in making for myself so not try to profit off the work you did. If not I will start considering the Oracle tails.
I can still whip up the design for you on that. Do you have a 3d printer?

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
The cad files, and coding are complete.... It's the wiring that is the fun part.... But then there's the not being bright enough..... I have new LEDs that fix that, but they require a lot of soldering, and a different programming board that cost $34 that has I believe 28 out puts.... So every 3 to 4 LEDs will have to have a resistor and wired to a different output channel to be able to do patterns such as sequencing, start up animations, and so on .... A lot of work.... so much work that you would probably have to sell for $1000 to make any sort of profit for your time.
Oh I'm not looking to try to turn it into a business venture by any means. Just complete the project, I have a fetish for sequential turn signals, and maybe make them available to the people who had already voiced interest here. We just had our 4th baby, I don't have the time to start a new commercial operation, believe me on that. I'll send you a PM here in the next day or 2. I don't have the patience for coding, but I can solder circuits for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Are you going to make Bronco taillights?

I like the fenders/flares on your Bronco. My friend has the same on his.

Jeep Gladiator Building my own flush tail lights IMG_0627
There's already a form of sequential tail lights and headlights for the bronco.... I'm going to start off with those... I'll have the bronco in about 2 weeks. I'll see what I like and dislike about the lights then lol ..

Absolutely love those fenders .. not sure why Ford made the raptor bronco fenders look so cheap ... But the aftermarket support for the bronco is amazing

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I have bad news everyone.........

I'm trading in my gladiator for another vehicle......

Is anyone wanting to take this project over?? I will gladly support anyone who wants to build them on their own....
This is a bummer, I was looking forward to your final product. Although I preferred the easily replaceable LED setups you did.