First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon ECO Diesel
Occupation
Metal Pattern Maker
I'm 6'2" and both my JKs and my JT have had this issue. I have a long torso I have scrunch down to see the stop lights and the rear view mirror is way to low. That sucker needs to be raised a good 2 inches.... No way I could drive one with the collision detection!!!!
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I am 6'2" with a headliner and have 0 issues, not even really close. Either your seating position is wildly different than mine your you have some stubby legs and the torso of a 6'10" dude.

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I am 6'2" with a headliner and have 0 issues, not even really close. Either your seating position is wildly different than mine your you have some stubby legs and the torso of a 6'10" dude.
That response was neither asked for or appreciated.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I guess I'm lucky, I'm 6'3'' and my head doesn't come close to touching the top of the freedom panels, AND I have a Shadeidea sun shade that I leave installed, which makes the clearance even less, but my head still doesn't touch the top, even with a ball cap on.

Dsgrntled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado z-71
6'3" here and I just clear with a ball cap on. My major issue is the same as someone earlier mentioned, the rear view mirror needs to be about 2" higher. I have to look around it at intersections.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
That response was neither asked for or appreciated.
either or, neither nor ;)

it's true though, 6'2 should be no issue unless you have a very different seating position or a very long torso. nothing to be upset about.

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
either or, neither nor ;)

it's true though, 6'2 should be no issue unless you have a very different seating position or a very long torso. nothing to be upset about.
"unless" is the key word there. Not everybody is like you are. Questions like this come up all the time, and there's always the smartasses that pipe up with "you don't need that". If you dont have a constructive answer to the question/problem, why not just let it alone!? (I know....that's supposed to be "leave" it alone.

02sahara

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Does anyone else hit the up/down lever everytime they get out? I'm of the shorter 5' 10" variety and everytime I get out I hit the lever with my leg and push the seat down.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer

Osteodoc08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
I’m 6’0” but with a long torso. I always felt I needed to lower the seat height 1-2” but have learned to work with the design limitations of the Gladiator. I also have the garage cluster top clipped off and have to look under the top of the windshield to see lights if at the painted stop line. Yes, the seat is adjusted all the way down before anyone asks.

Sponsored

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
6'3" here and I just clear with a ball cap on. My major issue is the same as someone earlier mentioned, the rear view mirror needs to be about 2" higher. I have to look around it at intersections.
Rotate the mirror 180° and it will sit much higher. I hated looking around it too and it's much better now

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Superintendent
I’m 6’2” as well and hate that i have to duck to see traffic lights. I added the seat jackets for comfort (easily one of the best mods) and scooted the seat forward a click or two so my head clears just fine. But now I’m wondering if I should have lowered the rear vs raising the front. Might even have to add the slammer if it would increase visibility

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Does anyone else hit the up/down lever everytime they get out? I'm of the shorter 5' 10" variety and everytime I get out I hit the lever with my leg and push the seat down.
I don't slide out, but instead place my feet on the steps to prolong the life of the seat bolsters.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I know its probably too late now, but I sat in both a hard top and the soft top, and the headroom difference was far superior in the soft top, so I went with it. Never regretted one second of having it either. But I have an 8' garage door for easy in and out, and its not a DD. So the whole soft top thing works better for me.

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I'm 6' 3" and my biggest complaint is that the person before me (I bought my JT used) tinted the brow on the front windshield and the cutoff line is perfectly eye level to me. My wife loves it because it works right for her in the passenger seat. But it just gets on my nerves. Lucky for me I caught a rock with the windshield and have to replace it, so goodbye tint strip. My second Complaint would also be the rear view mirror needs moved up and 3rd would be having to duck to see some stop lights (mainly on the city streets every now and then major intersections its not an issue).
Sponsored