Sponsored

Can You Lock Rear Differential in 4High?

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned
IMHO , Jeep will OTA software update for all who have a early production Mojave. At the original press release they said it was going to be “late availability” they were talking about 2020s. A similar situation happened with off-road pages the early 18 wranglers didn’t have off-road page the 19s did but all were updated with off-road pages just as advertised. The same “team” at Jeep that are saying it’ll be on 21 also said it would be on 20’s.
Let’s see if I’m right or jeep cares is right. LOL
Sponsored

Last edited:

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
So the '20's won't get this as a software update? What about the '20 Mojaves? They're advertised with it but won't get it?

Still waiting for selective tire fill alert on my '20 rubi, you guys shouldn't advertise stuff that you don't plan to put on the vehicle, that's two functions that were advertised that I didn't get on mine, both things I would definitely use. Looks like prospective '20 mojave buyers are getting sold a bill of goods as well...
Did you get your STFA? They finally just updated mine, and now I finally have It. Their are multiple service bulletins relating to jeep pushing the software update to early production vehicles, now I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the locker in 4hi update

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Did you get your STFA? They finally just updated mine, and now I finally have It. Their are multiple service bulletins relating to jeep pushing the software update to early production vehicles, now I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the locker in 4hi update
I did finally get stfa. I'm not bullish on getting the locker in 4hi, but we'll see.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
I did finally get stfa. I'm not bullish on getting the locker in 4hi, but we'll see.
Good to hear, and no I’m not either. But even if they don’t retroactively upgrade, and nothing changes mechanically / design wise, I’m sure the Tazer or AEV Pro Cal or somebody will offer a solution.

STLDAVE

First Name
DAve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner, Shopping for JT
Occupation
Retired
I thought they kept bragging that on the JT you could lock it in 4hi for sand mode. #fakenews
I can't remember exactly where I saw it, but the Mojave can lock the rears in 4H for sand mode. Don't know about any other model.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
The Rubicon JT only allows front or rear lockers or both, and Sway bar disconnect in 4WD Low only.... With the Tazer, you get front or rear lockers or both, and sway bar disconnect in 4WD Low, High and 2WD (sway bar still re-connects at higher speed) In addition, with the "SwayKill" option, you can set the sway bar disconnect not to reconnect at high speed (approx. 25 mph) in 4WD low, high, 2WD. The Tazer can also complete disable all nannys in 4WD low, high, 2WD --- It can turn off ABS completely -where your ABS light comes on -- this allows you to control your own tire spin off-road and not be bothered by some nannys kicking in when you do not expect... -- ie. you get less of that "choppy wheel spinning" in low lock and it is much better in the dunes in 4WD high. The Tazer let's you do a lot with the Rubicon, but, you need to know what you are doing. It is not for the novice.

Note: The "off road plus" button remaps the accelerator pedal response in 4WD high and low, and in 4WD High loosens up the anti-lock controlled wheel spinning for the sand --- and for the automatic tranny, I believe it alters shift points, but, I cannot verify since I have a manual Rubicon JT.

Last edited:

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I can't remember exactly where I saw it, but the Mojave can lock the rears in 4H for sand mode. Don't know about any other model.
A couple articles I've read said this would be a late availability feature for the Mojave. @MSGEngineering, can you engage your rear locker in 4H with Offroad+ mode on?

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple articles I've read said this would be a late availability feature for the Mojave. @MSGEngineering, can you engage your rear locker in 4H with Offroad+ mode on?
They originally touted the “Off Road +” button as allowing the rear locker to stay engaged in 4Hi on the Rubicons (among other features) but that is certainly not the case at the moment.

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned
Don't panic. All Mojave will be updated It's not a hardware change it's only a software update why would 2020 not have it?

Last edited:

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't panic. All will be updated It's not a hardware change it's only a software update why would 2020 not have it?
I have no clue, you might be right. I have an LE so I thought I was beat on the STFA, but Jeep came through, hopefully they pull through with the locker and push that update as well.

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
As someone said. Tazer works. Rear locked on 2wd. Rear only 4wd high locked or front and rear locked In 4wd high. Took a few cycles to get this to override the Jeep nannies for the front. Works now.

682BE5B6-1666-4922-BBF1-2FC27DBDE358.jpeg

805CA6C4-E1D3-4CAA-840D-66E85C0297B6.jpeg

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on 2021s having rear lock? I’ve used it in 2wd with my Tazer enabled Rubi a couple of times while backing a trailer on wet grass and on a tight trail to turn around on loose soil /gravel. It was good to be able to use 2wd and a rear locker for maneuverability in both cases ( I don’t think the 2021 update will let u use in 2wd). I locked all 4 in high for some deep mud at speed too.

unixxx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Grand Cherokee SRT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I tried this at the dealer today. I was able to activate the rear locker in 4-Hi, in a 2021 Mojave, manufactured Sep 2020.

The procedure is shift transfer case to 4-Hi, press Off Road+ button, hold ESC Off button for 5 sec (it seems pressing it once disables traction control, holding it for 5 sec disables stability control), press Axle Locker Rear Only switch. The locker then shows as locked in the Off-Road Pages.

If you forget to hold the ESC Off button for 5 sec, you get a message in the cluster that you must be in 4-Lo to activate the locker.

Thanks to Jim at Normandin CDJR who really knows his 4WD systems.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I’ll try it tonight thanks!

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
When I was at the dealership for my oil change they mentioned they had two ECU updates but I did not have the time then. Will certainly schedule an appointment for this and hope for the best lol
Sponsored