First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
After much back & forth, owning Fords for much of my life and watching the terrible Bronco rollout. I have cancelled my Bronco reservation from July 2020 😴 ...

This morning I ordered a Sarge Green Gladiator Mojave ... Super excited to be part of the Jeep community 🍻 .. Now the hard part, Waiting the 6-8 weeks..

Jeep Gladiator Cancelled my Bronco Reservation Today! 1614273459755
Sponsored

gmcul8r

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 1963 IH Scout
Occupation
Buyer
Same! I picked up my Mojave a couple of weeks ago and finally got around to cancelling both of my day 1 reservations yesterday. Always have been a Jeep guy, but I was intrigued by something new/different. The new Bronco will be an amazing vehicle and the competition will only benefit the consumer. With that said, Ford really dropped the ball on this launch. I felt forced into a trim and color package I wasn't totally happy with and the style is already starting to bore me. Those fenders are just awful!

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Welcome
Be prepared to empty you bank accounts.
TY ... Yes I am already online late at night searching for Mods. 😂 ...

I felt forced into a trim and color package I wasn't totally happy with and the style is already starting to bore me. Those fenders are just awful!
[/QUOTE]

Same exact feeling here. The fenders are hideous especially the larger Sasquatch ones ... Color choice for both exterior and interior are serious let downs ... At the Auto Show, the Bronco was on display although roped off and could not see the inside wtf! I reserved a 50k vehicle drove 40miles to see it and cant open the doors? ... Meanwhile Jeep was giving rides to patrons over obstacles on an indoor course displaying its worth, as well $80k Defenders were being fondled and toyed with all day ... Ford Failed .. Glad I cancelled feeling better already lol

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Same! I picked up my Mojave a couple of weeks ago and finally got around to cancelling both of my day 1 reservations yesterday. Always have been a Jeep guy, but I was intrigued by something new/different. The new Bronco will be an amazing vehicle and the competition will only benefit the consumer. With that said, Ford really dropped the ball on this launch. I felt forced into a trim and color package I wasn't totally happy with and the style is already starting to bore me. Those fenders are just awful!
I agree with you 1000% on the fenders, it took me a while to figure out what was wrong with the design. I love almost everything about it but then they just slapped ugly massive fenders on it rather than incorporate it into the body panels or styling. I would love to see something similar to the raptor like a wide body kit.

Sponsored

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I put in my order for the Day One Edition too but after seeing the JT Rubicon trim in person I canceled my order and went looking for the perfect one. Took a while to strike a deal because no local dealers were trying to negotiate at all. They were selling them as fast as they were getting them so I had no wiggle room, had to fly out to AZ to get a killer deal. You’re going to go broke but you’re going to love it.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
After much back & forth, owning Fords for much of my life and watching the terrible Bronco rollout. I have cancelled my Bronco reservation from July 2020 😴 ...

This morning I ordered a Sarge Green Gladiator Mojave ... Super excited to be part of the Jeep community 🍻 .. Now the hard part, Waiting the 6-8 weeks..
F#ck yeah. My Gator is my first Jeep and it's now my favorite vehicle I've owned (and I've owned a lot). Congrats! :jk:

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Same here! Actually this is a good reminder to go and do the cancellation, but we already bought the Gladiator. We were super excited for the Bronco but:

* Truck bed
* 2x towing capacity

Just couldn't bring myself to get the Bronco, particularly with 3,500 max towing. We test drove a Gladiator to see what we thought, and bought it the next day :)

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
I've had 3 Broncos in the past and I was all in on this one... but when I found out it was based on the Ranger, I started having my doubts. Then I started looking at the Gladiators and started thinking, "Hmmm... a nicer version of my JKU and it's got a bed...", and the wife's response was "Do the top and doors come off? I really liked that about the Jeep." Then, the search was on! I don't regret it at all. I absolutely love my Gladiator. I imagine you will too.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
They kept saying that there was going to be a Bronco pickup truck to compete with the Gladiator, but the way things have gone with the Bronco, it'll be 2029 before we see the Bronco pickup.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
but when I found out it was based on the Ranger, I started having my doubts. Then I started looking at the Gladiators and started thinking, "Hmmm... a nicer version of my JKU and it's got a bed..."
Yes I agree, test drove the Ranger and it felt like a car not like a truck by any means .. Totally turned off by the feel and front end,teriible that the Bronco based on that ..

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Congrats.
Lemme tell you how this is gonna go.
You gonna say "I'm not gonna do anything drastic, keep it simple."
Then you are gonna buy a phone mount, then grab handles, then door sill protectors, then a few decals, then some wheels but may as well get tires too then may as well do a lift. Then you on 40's and you try and tell yourself "it's not thaaaat crazy...."
:devil:

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'm happy with my JT but I did see this one being delivered to Vaughn Gittin JR yesterday that made me think again about the Bronco. Not that I'd get rid of my Jeep for one but maybe have one in the Driveway beside it as a forth option

Jeep Gladiator Cancelled my Bronco Reservation Today! PXL_20210224_193702980

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I heard the opposite. I heard that the Ranger is based upon a 9 year old platform that has been sold all over the world, just not here in the U.S. When Ford brought it here a couple years ago, they tried to pass it off as "new" but it isn't. It's old.

The Bronco, on the other hand, is all new from the ground up and the next generation Ranger will be based upon the Bronco.

That's the version I heard.
Sponsored