Sponsored

Caution: Don’t Open the Door if the Top is Wet! Per the Manual.

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Those of us who have owned Jeeps have always known this, but here it is, officially printed on Page 62 of my 2021 Gladiator Owner’s Manual:

CAUTION! (Continued)
 It is recommended that the top be free of water prior to opening it. Operating the top, opening a door or lowering a window while the top is wet may allow water to drip into the vehicle's interior.

I guess since we have been warned, we can no longer complain when we open the door in the rain and the water comes pouring in from the top. We simply need to wait until it stops raining and the top dries off before we open a door or window. Such an elegant solution, I wonder why I did not think of it? Maybe we can read the owner’s manual while we sit in the Jeep and wait for that to happen. I wonder if my warranty is voided if I open the door while the top is wet? After, all, they warned me not to.
Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Is that a soft top thing never had it happen on my JL and it hasn’t rained since I got the JT

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Those of us who have owned Jeeps have always known this, but here it is, officially printed on Page 62 of my 2021 Gladiator Owner’s Manual:

CAUTION! (Continued)
 It is recommended that the top be free of water prior to opening it. Operating the top, opening a door or lowering a window while the top is wet may allow water to drip into the vehicle's interior.

I guess since we have been warned, we can no longer complain when we open the door in the rain and the water comes pouring in from the top. We simply need to wait until it stops raining and the top dries off before we open a door or window. Such an elegant solution, I wonder why I did not think of it? Maybe we can read the owner’s manual while we sit in the Jeep and wait for that to happen. I wonder if my warranty is voided if I open the door while the top is wet? After, all, they warned me not to.
Haha Love the Drip part. Looks like someone turned a faucet on more like it

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

CAUTION! (Continued)

Well, that would mean I can't use my Gladiator for 8 months of the year (rains/drizzles/fog most of that time).

Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
Well, that would mean I can't use my Gladiator for 8 months of the year (rains/drizzles/fog most of that time).
You can use it, you just can't use the windows, take the top off, or open a door. Hope it's comfortable in there.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You can use it, you just can't use the windows, take the top off, or open a door. Hope it's comfortable in there.
Seeing as we have yet to invent teleporters - since without opening the doors I can't get in, I guess the use is to just look pretty on the driveway.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Seeing as we have yet to invent teleporters - since without opening the doors I can't get in, I guess the use is to just look pretty on the driveway.
They excel in that function as well!

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
Maybe a TSB will come out if enough people complain?

But then the parts required to fix will probably be “restricted” thus making it a pain to get done (or painless if you’re lucky).

Sponsored

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer

CAUTION! (Continued)

Not sure if vent visors help but I only get a few drops when opening the doors in wet weather.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
We should create a write in request to Bestop for them to create a Jeep modular umbrella system for our JTs. I'm sure it would be an expensive mod but, I wouldn't want to upset FCA or possibly void any warranty for carelessly allowing water into my waterproof Jeep..... Just my two penny worth!

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
If you're in a parking lot, simply pull the front tires up on the concrete curb/stop. Should provide enough slope to drain the gutter :)
And as a bonus you can show you flex more than a Honda! LOL

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Age old Jeep issue. Once again, silicone at the front of the top fixes this.
Silicon??? Do tell. Exactly where and how much would be necessary?
Sponsored