Sponsored

reverse with the door open.

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together
Does the tazer definitely disable it? the tazer is on my ever growing list.
I can not quote for fact though every thing iv read it does
Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I have the tazer and do not see where it has a setting for auto park and in all the lit I've read it is not mentioned.

Nothing on this list indicates auto park disable.

tazer-JL-vs-JL-Lite1108-1.jpg

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I learned this from @BillG on the jlwranglerforums

Lightly riding the brakes with your left foot will disable AutoPark. You will not need to fasten the seatbelt behind your back or use a dummy buckle. This is the best and easiest solution for me when I want to disable AutoPark. The Tazer cannot disable AutoPark.

Also, auto owners, read the section in the owner manual about "Manual Park Release" (page 300?), someday you may need to take the JT out of park without having the engine running.

Sponsored

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Tazer does not have the ability at this time to correct this.

3-pedal-Rub

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Night Train, Buell Lightning, TL, 4runner, JTR
Wow. I can't believe this is actually a safety feature Jeep has enabled. So if you open your door while backing it stops?

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep...I found out the hard way. Was spooling winch line. Pulled up to tree, attached new winch line, backed up until winch line was run out. With door open I put it in "neutral" or so I thought. Had father in law sit in with foot lightly on brake as I winched in. Couldn't figure out why the Jeep was lurching. Finally I walked up to him and asked if he was just messing with...at that moment I see the two huge long drag marks from the rear tires in the yard. I'm thinking I can't yell at my FIL for screwing up...then I realize the damn thing is in Park!! Yep..that's the day I learned it does this.... and yes seatbelt behind my back works.

To be clear if you take Jeep out of Park while door is open and seat belt is not on...it does not come out of park...even though the shift lever moves....yeah...I miss mechanical linkage. It would be better to just actually lock the shifter lever and not let you move it...rather than let it be moved to N and let you think you are in Neutral. It does warn you on the screen that Autopark is enabled.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Really wish there was a way to disable this terrible feature. Hoping maybe a tazer update will be able to take care of this. I regularly open my door to back into my parking spot (one of my car's doesn't have a camera, and the other has an off center one with a useless 2 inch display)

Sponsored

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Really wish there was a way to disable this terrible feature. Hoping maybe a tazer update will be able to take care of this. I regularly open my door to back into my parking spot (one of my car's doesn't have a camera, and the other has an off center one with a useless 2 inch display)
While I do agree I wish there was a way to disable it...your 8.4" screen will be VERY useful for backing into a parking spot.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
While I do agree I wish there was a way to disable it...your 8.4" screen will be VERY useful for backing into a parking spot.
I agree the 8.4 inch screen makes the cam very usable, makes hitching a trailer a pure joy. Its just getting over how unnatural it feels to look forward and down while backing up. I learned to drive in a car where my dad busted both the outside mirrors, so looking out the window/door was how I learned to drive in reverse, lol.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
The camera works grand with the 7-inch screen also. You can still look out the open door, just put your seatbelt on. If you want the Jeep in neutral for winching, stick the shift in N, then put the transfer case in N, then put the shift back in P, and you are in neutral as far as the wheels go (flat tow mode).
Cheers

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
some actor ran over his self because he didn't have his grand Cherokee in park opening a gate or something so this is what they came up with safety wise. you can unplug your driver door & that will disable it but then no window controls.or locks

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
Wow. I can't believe this is actually a safety feature Jeep has enabled. So if you open your door while backing it stops?
It stops by slamming the transmission into park, sounds good for the tranny right? I done this a few times when moving the Gladiator around my driveway.
Sponsored