Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Post pics when you get this complete. I'm thinking of going this way myself. The Clayton 1.5" leveling kit comes with control arms and a track bar as a package.
We are actually in the process of working on 1.5" coils for the rear to complete a 1.5" kit for the JT! The complete production versions of the springs probably won't be available until this Summer, however, in a few months we may be looking for a couple of interested forum members to help us do some testing!
Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
We are actually in the process of working on 1.5" coils for the rear to complete a 1.5" kit for the JT! The complete production versions of the springs probably won't be available until this Summer, however, in a few months we may be looking for a couple of interested forum members to help us do some testing!
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems tombstone-im-your-huckleberry

I'm looking to fit 35s on my 2020 max tow, would gladly help with this request. In case it matters I've got the Mopar steel front and rear bumpers, an ARE bed cap, and a winch up front for sag inducers.

Last edited:

TotallyReasonable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JT Willys
The only reason I bought the 1.5" spacer was because ya'll didn't have a rear spring that fit that range. Guess I know what i'll be getting later this summer.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Any idea how this will perform on a Diesel Rubicon?
My JTRD is in need of an altitude adjustment. Just an FYI, I have the factory steel rear bumper, aftermarket front steel bumper and a winch. I tow from time to time also. Currently if the trailer is fully loaded, including a SxS, it squats my Gladiator about an inch.
Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any idea how this will perform on a Diesel Rubicon?
My JTRD is in need of an altitude adjustment. Just an FYI, I have the factory steel rear bumper, aftermarket from steel bumper and a winch. I tow from time to time also. Currently if the trailer is fully loaded, including a SxS, it squats my Gladiator about an inch.
Thanks for any info.
It should work great as the 1.5" leveling kit works perfectly on diesel JT's. All of our springs are also designed already taking into account steel bumpers and a winch, so you should not expect any sag just from these items.

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I'd love 1.5 all around! I've been eyeing the level kit for a while but will be putting on our rack and RTT this Spring and I might be squatting with a level with that. Would also fit the 255/85/17 mickey Thompsons I'm planning on picking up later this year

The Gas Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I feel like I know someone who asked about a 1.5” lift a year ago 😉 glad to see this is happening!

9A5D5228-A24F-4DAB-95F0-5DD2B68F2055.png

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
It should work great as the 1.5" leveling kit works perfectly on diesel JT's. All of our springs are also designed already taking into account steel bumpers and a winch, so you should not expect any sag just from these items.
Looking forward to it's unveiling.
Of course, I like many others would be interested in testing this out.

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
What causes the springs to shift ...is it a problem?

20230106_134318.jpg

JMJ52876

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Medical Biller/Collection
Quick question, has anyone used the 3.5 springs on the front to level out the 2.5 kit? I ask because after putting on my bumper, no winch yet, I started to notice a lot of drop. I measured the difference from front to back and there is almost 2 inches difference. I am also considering a 1 inch spacer also.
Any pics of the spacer installed would be helpful too.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
What causes the springs to shift ...is it a problem?

20230106_134318.jpg
First, take a long straight 2x4 or equivalent and put it against both tires and measure the distance away from your fender. If they are not equal, adjust your track bar so that they are equal on each side. If you still have an issue after that, you can change the stock coil spring isolator which wears out anyway with Rusty's bow spring correction isolators that leans your springs inward to get them straight again. Here is a few pic with the new bow spring coil isolators installed.

Note: I installed Rusty's bow correction isolators when I did my 3.5" Clayton lift kit from day 1. Spring bow in general is a very common look on any of the higher lift kit brands, and the rubber Jeep isolator is not that great, so, I just decided to put them in from the get go.

RUSTY'S JL/JT BOW CORRECTION LOWER COIL SPRING ISOLATORS
$45.00
Part Number: RC-9179

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems 20E4T

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems w9lGWm

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
Thank you. I had the mopar lift that had been installed by the dealer. I think the mopar lift changed the isolated. I have checked the track bar and tweeked all the settings.

I have 28k on mine. I'm guessing getting the springs straight might help the ride. It's gotten better as I moved it closer to 6 degrees of caster.

Last edited:

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator Rubicon GCM
Been on this level kit for over 2 years, still love it, this will be a great addition, and many thanks to @claytonfor the time spent on the phone and email answering questions when I installed it!

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Thank you. I had the mopar lift that had been installed by the dealer. I think the mopar lift changed the isolated. I have checked the track bar and tweeked all the settings.

I have 28k on mine. I'm guessing getting the springs straight might help the ride. It's gotten better as I moved it closer to 6 degrees of caster.
Note: I run about 6.8 degrees of Caster. I think getting closer to 7 deg. of caster is better. The bowed springs do not really effect anything, it is just a visual thing. The bow correction lower coil spring isolators will make them straight.

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
I haven't had it checked at a shop since changing it. I took baby steps w turns then drove around then 2 more full turns. I was at 5.0 before I started. The magnetic digital angle finder is not exact so hard to know for sure where I am now.
Sponsored