Sponsored

Cloth Seats vs. Leather Seats Package

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the leather because its easier to clean. I would get vinyl if they offered it. ha.

I got the light Grey leather in the Mojave. My wife's car has light tan leather and you do have to keep up with cleaning it annually, but other than that its cool in the summer and fine in the winter.

Mojave grey is much lighter in person than it is in the configurator.

Jeep Gladiator Cloth Seats vs. Leather Seats Package IMG_20200818_143859

Configurator view:
Jeep Gladiator Cloth Seats vs. Leather Seats Package Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 3.42.38 PM

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Iā€™ll never go back to leatherā€¦.it gets hot and ages like shit unless you treat it like royalty. I donā€™t even touch my woman the way leather needs to be touched.

The cloth in both my old Charger and this Gladiator are really great. If you have kids or a dog, just grab some seat covers and youā€™ll be fine.

My door armrest and center armrest is soft touch, not plastic. The dash is cheap plastic.

ā€˜21 Sport S
I've always treated my leather seats like shit and have never had any problems. I don't treat them with anything. I rarely wipe them down. No problems at all.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Leather seats are easier to clean and they come with different foam to make them more comfortable. But they get hot in the sun and don't hold up to time as well.

Cloth seats are hard to keep clean and have the standard foam, i.e. they're hard as a rock and flat as a sheet of plywood. But they don't get hot in summer or cold in winter like leather and in 100,000 miles they'll still look the way they do when you first buy the truck.

Just depends on what matters to you most. If I was somebody who never took the top off the Jeep and drove a lot of miles I'd go leather for the added comfort.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I went with the tan cloth in my Firecracker Red (6/19 build) 2020 Overland. The arm rests and center console, while plastic, are still quite nice. First thing I did when I got my Overland home was to use two cans of Scotch Guard on the seats (and one on the floor mats). So, now 2 years and 5 months later, seats and floor mats still look new but I'm guessing it's getting close to time to re-spray the Scotch Guard.

Yes, cloth is cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Plus, the heat goes through the cloth faster if you get the winter package (heated seats/steering wheel.etc.). My Wife's 2019 GC Ltd. has leather and heated seats and it takes much longer for the seat to warm up.

Sponsored

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I have the leather in my Overland with heated seats and honestly I used to be a "why would you want leather in a Jeep guy", but honestly it's a really well done seat and interior. IMO it's a better quality than what I had in my 2015 Silverado LTZ that I traded in that had heated and cooled seats.

Also I live in TX and I haven't had an issue with the leather in the sun. Does it get hot with the top off in direct sunlight? Yes, but I treat it no different than I did my motorcycle. Throw a towel over the seat if you're going to be gone for a while. Personally I don't usually have my top off very often anyway if it's going to be parked for that long. We made the decision that we would never have cloth seats again with the kids and the dog.

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Had leather in my 2020 Rubicon and now have cloth in my 2021 Willys. In my opinion for me, leather edges out the cloth seats. Leather just seemed way easier keep clean. With cloth and having a dog, I got dog hair sticking to the cloth all the time.

Also noticed the center console arm rest top on the leather had a slight better padding than the vinyl cover they use for the cloth seat models.
Did the seats actually feel any softer/ more comfy? Debating a katzkin upgrade..

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Leather also gets you rear flip down center armrest. At least in the 2020 MY it did on my Mojave
Only in models that offer non-Mopar leather. I think it's listed as Leather Trimmed and other various ways but it has to be non-Mopar perforated or whatever the other is to get the rear armrest.

Sport S does not get rear armrest with Mopar leather packages.

I would recommend skipping Mopar leather because it's limited option/customization black. They are Katzkin leather seats and you can go to a Katzkin dealer to fully customize your leather seats.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Did the seats actually feel any softer/ more comfy? Debating a katzkin upgrade..
Yeah, actually had both Gladiators for a week at home before getting rid of the 2020 with the leather. It was a noticeable difference of better cushion comfort with the leather than the cloth seats. That was actually the first thing my wife mentioned when she got in the new 2021 with cloth seats that she stated the leather seat were more "comfy" to her.

Sponsored

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I would recommend skipping Mopar leather because it's limited option/customization black. They are Katzkin leather seats and you can go to a Katzkin dealer to fully customize your leather seats.
I got the Mopar/Katzkin leather and am super happy with it.

20211118_155343.jpg

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yeah, actually had both Gladiators for a week at home before getting rid of the 2020 with the leather. It was a noticeable difference of better cushion comfort with the leather than the cloth seats. That was actually the first thing my wife mentioned when she got in the new 2021 with cloth seats that she stated the leather seat were more "comfy" to her.
Might just have to go for it then.

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Only in models that offer non-Mopar leather. I think it's listed as Leather Trimmed and other various ways but it has to be non-Mopar perforated or whatever the other is to get the rear armrest.

Sport S does not get rear armrest with Mopar leather packages.

Yeah that's a good point about the rear arm rest. It's only an option with trims that have "leather trimmed bucket seats". Adding the MOPAR leather options is just replacing the seat covers at the factory so they don't include an arm rest. Also although the Freedom and Texas Trail/CA Editions come with leather standard they don't appear to have the rear arm rest, but the High Altitude does.

I believe leather trimmed seats are only an option on Overland, Rubicon, and Mojave.

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler, Saab 9-3
Occupation
USAF
Attached are photos of my cloth 80th anniversary (sport s) and the part numbers for leather with white stitching, thatā€™s what matches my steering wheel. I was also debating between the leather and cloth. I decided to get the cloth and then just switch out the parts that I want to be leather. I like the things that I touch to be leather so I will be getting the shifter, armrest, and e-brake handle in the near future. I didnā€™t like the leather covered dash panel bezels or whatever they are called. Definitely go sit in both interiors because there are quite a few parts that are different.

E6CD8273-EBAA-48F3-A952-5DBCAC9628FB.jpeg

7D0C1A09-C23B-4954-82F3-5BB855B3670E.jpeg

9200B92A-C26F-4EE7-8F9C-6B8184E0CD54.jpeg

B6A49026-E804-44A2-B69A-C9275763EB0C.jpeg

Last edited:

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
I've always treated my leather seats like shit and have never had any problems. I don't treat them with anything. I rarely wipe them down. No problems at all.
Same here, my Cadalac STS is a 2003, the light colored leather still looks and feels great.
Sponsored