Sponsored

Colors: What color will your Gladiator be?

What color will your Gladiator be?

• Total voters

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Guess we're gonna be seeing a lot of Gobi Gladiators out there :) No surprise it really is the best color I've seen on the pickup so far.
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I was originally going to go with Gobi as first choice with sting grey being my second choice. But have decided that I really don’t want to wait for a delayed release of these colors so I have decided to go with silver.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Gobi is my first choice but only because I haven't seen gator. If gator looks like I hope it looks, I'll go with that (with tan seats).

Runners-up: hydro blue and sting gray.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I was originally going to go with Gobi as first choice with sting grey being my second choice. But have decided that I really don’t want to wait for a delayed release of these colors so I have decided to go with silver.
My GC is silver. It's a nice color.

I was temped to go with one of the initial colors to get one sooner. I'd also probably choose silver, but I want something different. Also, I'm not a fan of the red dash that comes on the silver and sting gray JTRs. Gobi has the silver dash.

We live on a dirt road and the dirt color is pretty close to Gobi, so my silver GC looks Gobi-ish most of the time. ;)

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
Personally, I am a huge fan of silver Jeep's but Hydro Blue has sort of grabbed my attention. I want to see some actual images of it on the Gladiator before making my decision versus the renders which always look off color wise. My wife wants Punk'n, I want Billet Silver or Hydro Blue, and my kids want Hydro Blue. I have no idea what color I am ending up with.
Punk'n! LMAO!

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey kayakmike you can always just throw some dirt on your dash to give it the used and abused look. Ya may actually grow to like that look.

My GC is silver. It's a nice color.

I was temped to go with one of the initial colors to get one sooner. I'd also probably choose silver, but I want something different. Also, I'm not a fan of the red dash that comes on the silver and sting gray JTRs. Gobi has the silver dash.

We live on a dirt road and the dirt color is pretty close to Gobi, so my silver GC looks Gobi-ish most of the time. ;)

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Hey kayakmike you can always just throw some dirt on your dash to give it the used and abused look. Ya may actually grow to like that look.
Oh, I get lots of dirt inside the GC. My wife points that out every time she gets inside. ;) I'm sure there will be even more inside the JT.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
yep my wife complains about the dirt inside all my vehicles

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Been Granite all along, but if I can get an early June delivery, I'll jump on a black, silver, or white one. Taking a big family trip west in June through some combination of the national parks and areas I listed, Santa Fe (family flys in where I pick them up or I fly in and get a one way rental), drive to Durago (San Juan), Utah (Zion), AZ (Grand Canyon), Las Vegas (Strip) and Anneheim (Disney/Death Valley) return one way rental and fly home. We were originally going to do Yellowstone thinking I'd fly out early to Idaho and get the JT. As that doesn't look likely at this point we are going to change plans and hit the parks further south. I know I am going to spend the whole time thinking this would have been perfect in a JT. Maybe I'll have to break down and rent a JL. We are literally the Griswalds, lol. Scenic drive to a hike with head bob, horseback ride, or ATV adventure, and on to the next area.

Thoughs from you guys out west?

Last edited:

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
I’m probably ordering white on day 1. Gobi is my top preference, so if the delay isn’t long, I’ll order that and skip the white one. Gator, Hydro and Sting all interest me as well. My problem with Gator is that I just don’t think any dark green has lived up to the perfection that was Jeep Green, back on the 07-08 JK. Sting is maybe just a bit too close to my Anvil JKU.

There was a Rubicon only color, back in 07 and 08, “stone white” or something that I would love to have available. It was a Kind of grey or tan off-white. I’ve only seen it a couple times and that was YEARS ago

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I can only suggest white water rafting along the way, such fun on a hot summer day. And the guide companies usually have a photographer along the way to snap action family fun pictures to sell to you after the ride.

Been Granite all along, but if I can get an early June delivery, I'll jump on a black, silver, or white one. Taking a big family trip west in June through some combination of the national parks and areas I listed, Santa Fe (family flys in where I pick them up or I fly in and get a one way rental), drive to Durago (San Juan), Utah (Zion), AZ (Grand Canyon), Las Vegas (Strip) and Anneheim (Disney/Death Valley) return one way rental and fly home. We were originally going to do Yellowstone thinking I'd fly out early to Idaho and get the JT. As that doesn't look likely at this point we are going to change plans and hit the parks further south. I know I am going to spend the whole time thinking this would have been perfect in a JT. Maybe I'll have to break down and rent a JL. We are literally the Griswalds, lol. Scenic drive to a hike with head bob, horseback ride, or ATV adventure, and on to the next area.

Thoughs from you guys out west?

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
... thinking I'd fly out early to Idaho and get the JT. I know I am going to spend the whole time thinking this would have been perfect in a JT. We are literally the Griswalds, lol. Scenic drive to a hike with head bob, horseback ride, or ATV adventure, and on to the next area.
We are talking about ordering & picking up in Idaho as well, but we'll be working our way back to Tennessee - an epic adventure in our JT before it's even parked in the driveway :beer:

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
We are talking about ordering & picking up in Idaho as well, but we'll be working our way back to Tennessee - an epic adventure in our JT before it's even parked in the driveway :beer:
Haha. I think the NC guy is closer and maybe even cheaper.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Now we are talking. I'd love to buy east and drive back west. Stop of importance? Toledo. I'll ask for travel hints if that happens.

As far as out west, if you are solo, love to drive, and turn off when you see something cool to check out, that would be great for the long distances without things to do for fam. You could just wander like a western outlaw for a week. Lol.. Note to fellow jeepers: do this wandering thing. Is good. Outlaw plywood patch involved for anyone who doesn't see anyone else for more than a day and who also touches plywood while watching milky way from JT late at nights.

For fam, remember the west is full of real culture and pop culture at a different magnification than east, so do old churches (missions were one day's horse ride apart, so they are cool). Reservations are great places if you don't have local for kids to see stuff like American Flags flying there in honor of their military veterans, histories from time immemorial, and learn why first Nations have a respected first seat at the American table. Lots of westerns were filmed here and there. Try to find your favorite mesa from a car commercial. Good luck. They are far so the fun is in the drive. Your dams and rivers are all must do boat fish suntan. We have forests on huge mountains - see this but plan for diversion due to forest fire if summer.. only a couple of roads over this honey, unless of course you want to try this one with the dotted line, see it there?!? time your food festivals and old west days. Catch a flash flood by storm chasing. Meteor crater in AZ, where you can see where a meteor hit earth. I would highly advise any jeeper to hit this border we hear about. Do some jeeping down along there. Lol. Understanding is key, and seeing is believing. Plywood border patch involved. Did you know there are huge swaths of American soil where the sign says "travel not advised due to safety". We can't even protect our soils cause everyone likes their drugs to much to stop the flow. So we just don't look and don't tell. I'm no wall guy, but I am an immigration reform guy, and you'd learn a thing or two if you see a thing or two. Plus southern az has wineries these days along with art colonies.

You can't go wrong out west, it's what JT is built for.

In short, and I am never short, do the 'west' if you come here.

We all have all the same other stuff as everywhere else too.
Sponsored