First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
IT Manager
New Gladiator owner. First Jeep. After delivery I found there was rubbing when at full lock both left and right.. Not knowing what was causing I figured I would take the safe route and just get it checked out.. Truck had 45 miles on it. Since my delivery dealer was rather far, I took it to the closest dealer to the homestead. Met with service advisor and he seemed very friendly and knowledgeable and shared my concern even if it was just a matter of trimming the fender liner. Drop it off and head out with the wifey.. Get a call about half way home from advisor who tells me his 4x4 guy looked at it, confirmed just a rubbing issue, and then stated the Glad has non-standard tires on it and as such Chrysler would not pay them to work on it. Mind you, I picked up the Glad with the Falken tires on it. He didn't want to charge me for any work they would have performed so he recommended I come pick it up.. :-0

When I got there I told him that this is the way I picked it up.. During doc signing there were no disclosures about after market parts.. I told him it was impossible but he was insistent. The worst part is - this advisor had 5-6 little service trophy's prominently displayed on his desk. Needless to say, I'll never go back. for anything.. Was it just lack of familiarity? Was it they didnt want their mechanic tied up on such a low priority (i.e revenue generating) task? Sorry for the rant.
Sponsored

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
What trim and what size tires do you have? Have your husband check if you're unsure.

OP
OP

Bobglad22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
IT Manager
seems standard and yes the tire size matches.
Jeep Gladiator Dealer service (or lack of) vent 2023-02-28 14_52_57-MONRONEY - WindowStickerPDF.pdf — Mozilla Firefox

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
seems standard and yes the tire size matches.
Jeep Gladiator Dealer service (or lack of) vent 2023-02-28 14_52_57-MONRONEY - WindowStickerPDF.pdf — Mozilla Firefox
Then I'd go back with the build sheet. Show them that they are stock and request that they perform the work.

Sponsored

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
What trim and what size tires do you have? Have your husband check if you're unsure.
First the OP is Bob and second, why does one assume a woman would not know and even worse need a husband to check the trim and size? You should have just left it at your question about size and trim.

Would you say the same to a guy? …”Hey if you do not know, go ask the wife”…..both men and women are perfectly capable of checking tires, building out and modifying jeeps, etc. or looking up on the internet for information if needed…..just saying…

Apologies if I flamed on you…but come on….this is the 21st century!

Last edited:

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Can you post a picture of the wheel/tire? Have you compared to other Rubicons to see if they look the same? I'm wondering if the selling dealer swapped for wrong offset wheels.

If the stock set up is rubbing, trimming parts should not be the answer.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Maybe you can have your husband check for me instead? Sounds like he's your go-to guy!

Seriously, what kind of comment is this.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
First the OP is Bob and second, why does one assume a woman would not know and even worse need a husband to check the trim and size? You should have just left it at your question about size and trim.

Would you say the same to a guy? …”Hey if you do not know, go ask the wife”…..both men and women are perfectly capable of checking tires, building out and modifying jeeps, etc. or looking up on the internet for information if needed…..just saying…

Apologies if I flamed on you…but come on….this is the 21st century!
I agree - sort of. My wife owns a Wrangler and if they told her the tires were wrong, she'd not have a clue. She bought it this way. She'd need to ask me.

So not all Jeep buyers are DIYers, contrary to forum beliefs. Some buy Jeeps because they like them and know very little about tires, sizes, or what's stock or not. So assuming any Jeep owner should or would know is off the mark bigly.

But - I agree one should approach a poster as if they have at least some abilities - and if they don't, they can let us know.

Bob could have a husband - it is 2023. There's a reality that been there for centuries.
We don't know Bob. (maybe he lives in Utah and has 2 wives? - Just kidding!)

And to wrap up - yeah, I'm guilty of all of the above - that's why it's so easy for me to say it - I can recognize in others the faults I have in myself.

Maybe you can have your husband check for me instead? Sounds like he's your go-to guy!

Yeah, for many reasons. Some women blow some men away in Jeeps, knowledge, mechanical ability, etc. Some would have to ask someone. Some men have to ask.
And some men have husbands.
Bob can be Bobbi, and I know a woman named Bert.

Sponsored

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing

It's a gut reaction reading vague posts with key information missing. Maybe Iam OCD or maybe the general public who are buying jeeps now have no curiosity about their trucks or how to troubleshoot. Men have gotten pretty soft in this day and age. I would never take a brand new vehicle with such a simple issue back to the dealer without knowing for myself what needs to be done to fix it or at least articulate the problem better on an internet forum.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Go to another dealer. Have them pull up your window sticker if there is any question. There must be LOTS of Jeep dealers nearby if you live in SoCal.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
It's a gut reaction reading vague posts with key information missing. Maybe Iam OCD or maybe the general public who are buying jeeps now have no curiosity about their trucks or how to troubleshoot. Men have gotten pretty soft in this day and age. I would never take a brand new vehicle with such a simple issue back to the dealer without knowing for myself what needs to be done to fix it or at least articulate the problem better on an internet forum.
LOL. I liked the comment, and even more when I realized that OP was likely a dude 😂
Sponsored