First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
First the OP is Bob and second, why does one assume a woman would not know and even worse need a husband to check the trim and size? You should have just left it at your question about size and trim.

Would you say the same to a guy? …”Hey if you do not know, go ask the wife”…..both men and women are perfectly capable of checking tires, building out and modifying jeeps, etc. or looking up on the internet for information if needed…..just saying…

Apologies if I flamed on you…but come on….this is the 21st century!
Yes it is 2023 but biology hasn't changed all that much, men and women still gravitate towards things they always have despite outside influences trying to reverse the roles. Some women are great mechanics but most have no interest. Alot of men probably get taken advantage of by mechanics but undoubtedly many more women do because of their lack of interest in the mechanics of vehicles.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It's a gut reaction reading vague posts with key information missing.
True that we had no idea if it was a Sport, Overland, Rubicon, Mojave or something in between.
And some dealerships mod Jeeps right off the transport and sell them on the lot with custom wheels and tires and bumpers and whatever. Just because it's new from a dealer lot doesn't means it's factory. I've posted several picks of very modified Jeeps I've seen in local dealerships.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
There's a simple and effective approach to determining whether or not something is "offensive".

1. Are you a member of the targeted demographic? In this case, a woman.

Yes - You may be qualified to be offended

No - You're not qualified to be offended, and you're likely virtue signaling.

2. See 1

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturing
True that we had no idea if it was a Sport, Overland, Rubicon, Mojave or something in between.
And some dealerships mod Jeeps right off the transport and sell them on the lot with custom wheels and tires and bumpers and whatever. Just because it's new from a dealer lot doesn't means it's factory. I've posted several picks of very modified Jeeps I've seen in local dealerships.
Right, I immediately was curious when I read the post what the trim was and was. Trim and actual tire size were the missing puzzle pieces.

I did some deals on Facebook marketplace the last month or so and so Iam a little touchy right now about vague internet posts. Why waste everyone's time and your own?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it is 2023 but biology hasn't changed all that much, men and women still gravitate towards things they always have despite outside influences trying to reverse the roles. Some women are great mechanics but most have no interest. Alot of men probably get taken advantage of by mechanics but undoubtedly many more women do because of their lack of interest in the mechanics of vehicles.
Society has changed. Biology isn't the only factor. Ask all of the women flying in the U.S. Air Force.
Did you know that 1/5 of all Air Force pilots are women? And that's likely to grow.
So if you extrapolate things out a bit - it's a bit harder to get into the Air Force flying jets than it is to be a mechanic or drive a Jeep. So one could assume that out of ever 10 members here........

Biology is instinct, society determines if it's acceptable to act on those instincts in certain ways.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Right, I immediately was curious when I read the post what the trim was and was. Trim and actual tire size were the missing puzzle pieces.

I did some deals on Facebook marketplace the last month or so and so Iam a little touchy right now about vague internet posts. Why waste everyone's time and your own?
That's what I hate - having to play 20 questions and extract information that should have been included in the first place. Year, model, etc.
And if you say "I have a window leak" leaving out the fact it's a soft top is just plain lame.
You don't tell the doctor "I hurt" - you don't even say "my arm hurts" - you specify where it hurts and under what conditions.

And there are those "my car won't turn over" when the whole time they mean "it won't START but it cranks fine". People spend all sorts of time trying to diagnose a battery, starter or charging system problem when the whole time it was out of gas but cranked fine.

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturing
Society has changed. Biology isn't the only factor. Ask all of the women flying in the U.S. Air Force.
Did you know that 1/5 of all Air Force pilots are women? And that's likely to grow.
So if you extrapolate things out a bit - it's a bit harder to get into the Air Force flying jets than it is to be a mechanic or drive a Jeep. So one could assume that out of ever 10 members here........

Biology is instinct, society determines if it's acceptable to act on those instincts in certain ways.
That doesn't surprise me and it also doesn't impress me. I want women in roles that men typically dominate, who have dreamed about it their whole lives and are the best at what they do. Don't artificially generate interest in fields for women and tip the scales to fill quotas. Iam not saying that is the case in your example but it does happen quite often.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
There's a simple and effective approach to determining whether or not something is "offensive".

1. Are you a member of the targeted demographic? In this case, a woman.

Yes - You may be qualified to be offended

No - You're not qualified to be offended, and you're likely virtue signaling.

2. See 1
Things can be 100% be offensive even if they aren't targeted at you. I'd check that kind of mentality before it gets you into trouble. It's not virtue signaling to have standards in society.

As for OP, I'm 100% with you that I'd take it to the dealer when there's an issue right off the lot. There's absolutely no reason you need to go digging around to "figure out" anything or "prove" the source of the issue. That's on them to do. If this dealer won't do that, take it to a different one. Either way it's Jeep's problem to figure out and not yours.

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Yeah, not sure what you could do aside from dragging the service writer and tech out to the showroom floor and showing them a Rubicon with the exact same equipment and asking them to explain the differences. Then have them show you where it rubs :mad::punch:
Sponsored