First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU, compass
Occupation
Self
Has any one in the mid atlantic states noticed the dealers are not discounting as deep.
The chip shortage seems to be causing them to hold on to their pricing more.
Based on the gladiator build worksheets. I should be able to get at least another 1000⁰⁰ off pricing.
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Look for a large price increase soon. Metals are going through the roof and it will be passed on to the consumer.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yes, here in KY stock is VERY low, lowest I've seen it in my 42 years on this planet. Dealers know they will sell every truck they get quickly, so there's no reason for them to haggle on price.

If you get a huge discount right now, consider yourself blessed.

I paid $39,900 for my Ram 14 months and 16,000 miles ago, and was offered $44,000 trade-in on it today, which means they know they can sell it for upper $40s. It's absolutely insane right now.

GCoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave ( ̶O̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶)
Tried to find something close to what I wanted on the lots all over Virginia and out to 200 miles away without much luck. For those cases where there was something that was close to my liking it ended up being nothing more than dealers playing shell games and either refusing to communicate with me any further when I called them on it or stringing me along and refusing to make any effort in making a fair deal when it was time for them to commit.

I gave up and went with with a factory order from Travis @ Tri-City last week. The experience so far has been a breath of fresh air and what it should be like to do business with somebody.

Note to self(and others): I should have gone this route from the beginning but I was more interested in leasing and all these below invoice deals from some of the Dealer Sponsors here aren't really set up for that. Once I found a great financing option from my credit union and I switched my mindset over from leasing to owning the experience went from dismal to superb.

Sponsored

Szy_szka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/04/26/dealership-profits-car-shortage/

And yet last time I checked, there is still PLENTY (126) MY2020 on the dealers' lots within 150 of my location. And trust me; they are not exactly 'flying off the lot'. Yet almost all of the dealers I contacted about getting one of those leftover units are not discounting beyond 10 - 11% off of the MSRP. Last time I checked I could (still) order 2021 with about 13% off of the MSRP.

BLK74

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pilot, Corvette
All my local PA Jeep dealers have had the same Gladiators sitting on the lot including some 2020 models for months with not one being sold.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Look for a large price increase soon. Metals are going through the roof and it will be passed on to the consumer.
29 commodity markets moved higher in the 1st quarter, half posted over a 10% gain. Energy is up over 22% and lumber is being priced like lobster! And my broker says that it won't end anytime soon.

NH Hick

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow, 2017 JKU, 1938 Ford
It took me a while to find what I wanted in NH. Gladiators are selling before they even get in. Oddly Rubicon's are the only model not selling. Most dealers are not discounting, but I did find one that did. My dealer was trying to get me to buy a Rubicon because they have a bunch, but it wasn't what I was looking for.

Szy_szka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
All my local PA Jeep dealers have had the same Gladiators sitting on the lot including some 2020 models for months with not one being sold.
Haha! AndI am sure I have contacted most of them trying to 'score' one at an unprecedented discount... Just like you said, they are NOT budging and I cannot figure out what's their thinking.... Do they plan to eventually sell them as 'used' at an auction hoping to get top $ for them? Crazy times...

Sponsored

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
I know a few car salesmen and car dealers (some Chrysler some not) who aren't discounting bc they know that a person who really wants Model X or Y will pay full price. Now, with the possibility of price increases, these guys aren't touching any discounts other than what the manufacturers are offering. One person I spoke w even said factory discounts may go away for a quarter or more. Same dude said more cars on a lot attracts casual lookers who end up buying another model that catches their eye while they're there looking at a model that they were just casually interested in. This industry makes it's living on human impulse.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Strange times. I paid $47k for my JTR in Nov. 2019. Sold it to Carmax a week ago for $47.8. They listed it for $50.8k and it was off the Carmax website within a day.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
Strange times. I paid $47k for my JTR in Nov. 2019. Sold it to Carmax a week ago for $47.8. They listed it for $50.8k and it was off the Carmax website within a day.
Strange times indeed. I sold my JLU Sport S w/ 46k miles last week to Carvana for the same price I paid for it in 2018 new. I'm waiting to see what they list it for. No brainer to sell. Getting that deal and paying 7% under invoice plus potential $1k rebate if I get my JTM by 5/3, it's about $13k extra I'm getting instead of trading in the JLU and buying off the lot.

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
I'm in Maryland, and I was having trouble finding the perfect Gladiator too... I found some close one, but not the perfect one. I asked the various dealers about ordering one and they said they'll only sell it at Invoice. Pretty much everyone said they would price the JT at Invoice; but said delivery is 3-12 weeks depending on the options you choose.

One the thing I was noticing; the dealers who didn't discount the JT very much also gave me much more on the trade. And those dealers who put heavy discounts the JT also gave me the lowest trade value. Like how can a 2020 Cherokee trade range from $20k-26K; MSRP was $32k and bought it in Aug 2020.

Szy_szka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Yep, things are getting crazy: one dealer in my area with a "new" 2020 Gladiator (still) on the lot (has been sitting there since October 2019; has 2000+ miles (!) on the odometer) has been offering to sell it for less than 8 percent off of the MSRP. Right...

Just today I noticed they removed their 'sale' price and wrote this instead: "Due to limited inventory in the market, please call for pricing and availability." "Limited inventory" - of what??? Leftover 2020 units? There are still 89 MY2020 within 100 miles of my location. And exactly 1,072 MY2021 available within the same radius. What is this? An alternative reality?

I know the news is full of stories telling us (consumers) that there are shortages and folks are being at MSRP 'right off the delivery truck.' After checking the stock numbers on Jeep.com I am having a very hard time seeing how this applies to Jeep Gladiators in particular...
Sponsored