First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
I agree with several of these.

Mirrors, omgosh yes. Move them.
Locking center console... why was it removed? Honestly didn't even notice if I could lock the glove box. Side arm currently resides in the console. There are other things I might like to lock away when the doors are off. This is stupid to the extreme.

To give credit where credit is due, the radio is MUCH better than my 18 JKU and prior. Crack the windows and you couldn't hear it. Without paying for the Alpine system, the sound quality is oh so much better.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That bit about the mirrors I never thought of until I looked at removing the doors in the near future and it hit me - hey, no mirrors? Wow, they are also sticking out there on the doors to get damaged when you have the doors off and moving them around.
Yes, mirrors moved to the A pillar.......

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
How about a roof channel That doesn’t dump all the water from the roof right into your lap/leg when it’s raining out....
I was going to say the same thing!! My JKUHR never did this even with a soft top.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I haven't run into that yet........... have driven it in plenty of rain and snow, too. (though not much rain lately - drought conditions here)

TRM07

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2007 JK
I hate that to activate the wipers to clear the mist off the windshield, you push up. It is push down on the JKs. I’m keeping my JK, and my wife isn’t getting rid of hers anytime soon so it’s especially frustrating. My JK doesn’t have a top of doors from April - October and I don’t drive it during the road salt season either so it’s not a huge deal, but of all the little things to change why that one?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I hate that to activate the wipers to clear the mist off the windshield, you push up. It is push down on the JKs. I’m keeping my JK, and my wife isn’t getting rid of hers anytime soon so it’s especially frustrating. My JK doesn’t have a top of doors from April - October and I don’t drive it during the road salt season either so it’s not a huge deal, but of all the little things to change why that one?
This is indeed the opposite of any vehicle we have ever owned, including other Jeeps. Even the Compass and Grand Cherokee - you push the lever down, not up. Took me a while to get the wipers to sweep once when I first bought it (snowing, of course) and I thought - what the heck? The engineer was standing on his head or something!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Mirrors, APillar for sure since its just dumb the doors come off with them. Also we need truck mirrors, I get wanting to look like a wrangler but a truck that can tow 7k+lbs isn't going to see anything with those crap mirrors that are bad even on a wrangler.

Give us a-pillar true truck mirrors. Give them an extra hinge or something to fold so we don't lose the trail capabilities in tight places. Best of all worlds here.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Mopar brake controller as part of towing package.
Or even a Mopar brake controller.
how about a brake controller period... I can not believe that Jeep has hyped up the towing capacity so much with the gladiator but has still failed to come up with a brake controller. Makes me wonder what the real issue is... and it isn’t COVID.

Well since we are talking about things that are clearly impossible ;)
Drive on top of water
Fly
Launch missiles
Diseal and smoke stacks for the sole purpose of rolling coal direct from the factory

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
So make the key even bigger and bulkier? :CWL:

PS... Thats some really nice work on that thing, just not at all a solution for me.
Next time you're looking to buy a new vehicle be sure to do a thorough analysis and pick every nit especially the key fob so you're sure that it is "a solution for you" :asshat: BEFORE YOU BUY

Last edited:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
1. Aux switches standard
2. a red dash that looks like a baboon’s butt? Ew!
3. A firewall port to make it easy to pass through
4. locking tonneau cover
5. locking under rear seat storage

That gets us started!
So why did you BUY a Gladiator?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A proximity sensor on the tailgate for keyless entry.
Move volume button on steering wheel to left side somewhere, it's redundant when it's 4 inches from the knob.
Auto up power windows.
Rear camera activation from steering wheel without needing aftermarket accessories.
Off road gauges available in center of cluster.
Ignition power wires available above windshield/behind mirror for accessories(I know there is mirror power there, I mean aux wires)
A way to disable auto stop/start without rigging it.
Fix the dripping corner when it rains.
Locking hood.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Jeep! I just would like some tweaks....
TWEAKS?! TWEAKS?! IN THE FIRST MODEL YEAR?!

You guys need a lot of cheese to go with all this whine

4akvwj.jpg

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mirrors, APillar for sure since its just dumb the doors come off with them. Also we need truck mirrors, I get wanting to look like a wrangler but a truck that can tow 7k+lbs isn't going to see anything with those crap mirrors that are bad even on a wrangler.

Give us a-pillar true truck mirrors. Give them an extra hinge or something to fold so we don't lose the trail capabilities in tight places. Best of all worlds here.
How about YOU design the perfect all-new vehicle with ALL the features and creature comforts everyone wants IN THE FIRST MODEL YEAR?!

Jeep Gladiator Dear Jeep - Things I Don't Like 1596696130705