First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Xterra (soon to purchase gladiator)
Occupation
Chemist
If the mirrors were on the A-Pillar you’d loose them when you fold the windshield down. Jeep put a lot of work into allowing you to easily fold the windshield down on the new JL and JT.

It’s a pretty easy fix to throw aftermarket mirrors on where you take the doors off. Thats what I love about Jeeps, you get to customize the. How *you* want them. If they tried to be all things for everyone they’d be as watered-down as budweiser
Sponsored

Cowboy JK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 2dr JK Sahara
This is really nit picking. The Mojave has orange tow hooks, orange accents around the AC vents, orange stitching everywhere. Yet the shifter trigger and rear locker surround are red like a Rubicon.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
that does sound awful, all of those colors regardless if they match or not, bunch of lipstick on a solid axle off-road dream machine...phooey, black, grey, tan, silver, chrome...neutral/non-colors only...keep the colors out of the small bits period ;)

Be.Zick

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
My only problem with this truck is all the USB plugs being such low voltage nothing can be charged in any timely matter. Why include a USB C that isn't a power pd port, makes no sense to me. Every time you plug something in that isn't a phone to any USB port, "USB device not recognized."

Sponsored

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Engine Auto Stop/Start:
* By design, it has to auto-enable upon every startup cycle. If it would remember the last "disabled" setting across engine restarts, EPA wouldn't allow it to be used in the test cycle, and MPG rating would take a little hit. And yes, for CAFE, every little MPG gain matters to the manufacturer.
* The reason it works the way it does is because it marginally helps on the predetermined MPG route test for the EPA, NOT because Jeep thinks it actually helps in a majority of real world scenarios. As long as it saves a half mpg in the EPA test route, that's ALL that matters and its worth the funds to include it. It may help you, it may not, depending on your situation.

Setting Tire Diameter as a user-configurable parameter:
* I don't think that is going to happen -- too much liability for Jeep. That tire diameter is used in several safety systems. Now let's say JimJoeBob buys his new JT, and starts fooling around with the neat dash options. During his "lets press ALL the buttons" monkeying around, he ends up setting his JT to the 39" tire setting when it still has the stock 31's. ABS, traction control, stability control systems are now not going to be as accurate, as they all depend on a certain wheel speed correlating to actual vehicle speed, and JimJoeBob's goofing around has messed that up. At best, JimJoeBob complains about how his brand new $50,000 truck shifts and drives horribly to everyone who will listen, and likely dings Jeep on their initial quality survey. At worst, JimJoeBob has an accident and sues Jeep because the vehicle's safety systems didn't perform as they should have. All customer-accessible settings must be benign when it comes to the safety systems.

Last edited:

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta say, in my opinion, and it was only mentioned once in this thread is the soft top! Why wouldn’t it come all the way down and rest behind the rear headrests on the bed? You could even tie it down or something if you wanted. Must be a design thing? It looks SO BAD in that weird flying high position. Just my two cents.
It's like this so the entire bed is still usable WHILE the top is down. If the top folded all the way down and you were hauling a washing machine, dryer, armoire, etc. the top frame would be crushed or bent and you would demand it be repaired under warranty.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Driving a Pacifica as the truck gets work and noticing so much similarities between the Jeep and the Pacifica. Steering wheel controls are the same, front and back. Pushbutton is the same, as are the headlight controls. The blindspot warning triangle in the mirror is the same. The 8.4 uconnect screen is the same as the Jeeps, but lesser quality backup camera and backup lines.
I miss my Jeep truck.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I've got an A/C gripe. Actually a two-parter:

1)There's no hard "MAX" button. I have to ... wait ... for the Uconnect to boot, "Accept" their disclaimer B.S., press the soft "Climate" button, then the soft "Max A/C" button. Wasn't worth bitching about early on, but now I'm talking 110F outside, probably 140+ inside if parked in the sun. I want max right now.

I've found a quicker, but still tedious work-around: I hit the hard "Auto" and then hold the temp button down to "Lo." But out of curiousity, the other day after the Uconnect was finally functional, I flipped it from that full "Auto" mode to "Max" and guess what? The fan slowed down.

2)So, it turns out, "MAX" ISN'T REALLY EVEN THE MAXIMUM SETTING! (Sorry for shouting.)

I am wondering if I don't happen to have a hard Max button because there is no room left for it. I have the Cold Wx option (I know ... why would I have that in AZ?) and that uses up three hard buttons. And maybe because of that option, FCA thinks its unlikely I'd want MAX A/C very often?

(looking forward to a good one, @WhatExit? !)

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

1)There's no hard "MAX" button. I have to ... wait ... for the Uconnect to boot, "Accept" their disclaimer B.S., press the soft "Climate" button, then the soft "Max A/C" button. Wasn't worth bitching about early on, but now I'm talking 110F outside, probably 140+ inside if parked in the sun. I want max right now.

I've found a quicker, but still tedious work-around: I hit the hard "Auto" and then hold the temp button down to "Lo." But out of curiousity, the other day after the Uconnect was finally functional, I flipped it from that full "Auto" mode to "Max" and guess what? The fan slowed down.

2)So, it turns out, "MAX" ISN'T REALLY EVEN THE MAXIMUM SETTING! (Sorry for shouting.)

I am wondering if I don't happen to have a hard Max button because there is no room left for it. I have the Cold Wx option (I know ... why would I have that in AZ?) and that uses up three hard buttons. And maybe because of that option, FCA thinks its unlikely I'd want MAX A/C very often?

(looking forward to a good one, @WhatExit? !)

tenor.gif

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
This is really nit picking. The Mojave has orange tow hooks, orange accents around the AC vents, orange stitching everywhere. Yet the shifter trigger and rear locker surround are red like a Rubicon.

qYDfzL_n1iLmyb4sAp-noxCLkkwRjdMcbPRvgAS3HsQ8vhjOyA.jpg

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

1)There's no hard "MAX" button. I have to ... wait ... for the Uconnect to boot, "Accept" their disclaimer
I forgot to pose the question for others with different trims/options: Does anyone have a hard "Max A/C" button in their Glad (or JL/JK for that matter?) I'm just curious.
Sponsored