Sponsored

Do I want side steps? Rock Rails? Sliders?

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Are you willing to ship them to Jasper Ga? If so what would be your price? I can pay for shipping as long as the price/shipping is decent together.
I can't even picture how to ship these things.
They are HEAVY, guessing from memory 75 lbs and over 6 feet long?
Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
If the Ace sliders can mount under the Rubi rock rails, anyone see a reason why they wouldn't mount under the Overland side steps?

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
I'll give you a HELL of a deal on a set of Rubi sliders.
PM me.
Love your pic. One of my favorite jets of all time . F86. Jeep talk is 3 on my list. 1st planes, 2nd Harleys..... LOL

Reactions: JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Love your pic. One of my favorite jets of all time . F86. Jeep talk is 3 on my list. 1st planes, 2nd Harleys..... LOL
only issue right now is the road right there is filled with squad cars.
It's an entrance to a COVID-19 test site.
:(

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Analyst
only issue right now is the road right there is filled with squad cars.
It's an entrance to a COVID-19 test site.
:(
A time long, long ago when I went for a backseat ride.
Jeep Gladiator Do I want side steps? Rock Rails? Sliders? Topgun pic

Sponsored

Leoparddog

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ, 2005 TJ, 2020 Gladiator
ACE sliders finally arrived today, ordered 28Dec.
I've been eager to get these, so the cold rain wasn't going to stop me this evening.
No problems removing front bolts. No problems with center bolts. Right rear was fussy, but a few in-out cycles and a breaker bar completed the job.
On install, the left center bolt wouldn't grab anything. All other bolts installed and torqued fine.

How is the nut attached? Welded or floating? Accessible from the cab?

Thanks
@Sixt7gt350 - How did you get the center bolt attached?

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
I went with the mopar side steps which help operate the soft top but suck when they get snowed on... Just builds up

Leoparddog

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ, 2005 TJ, 2020 Gladiator
I ordered the MOPAR side steps. I don't need rock rails here in GA, I only encounter mud and gravel. The side steps should help deflect that from the sides of the truck. Also my wife and daughter are petite and need a step. A rock rail or slider would have served that function as well but not done much for protection from mud and gravel. Unfortunately the MOPAR side steps are on back order until.....I don't know when.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the MOPAR side steps. I don't need rock rails here in GA, I only encounter mud and gravel. The side steps should help deflect that from the sides of the truck. Also my wife and daughter are petite and need a step. A rock rail or slider would have served that function as well but not done much for protection from mud and gravel. Unfortunately the MOPAR side steps are on back order until.....I don't know when.
That is what I ended up with, add some mud flaps and it really cuts out the mud sling down the side. I'm not doing hard off roading, more muddy country road and it really keeps the truck looking good.

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
That is what I ended up with, add some mud flaps and it really cuts out the mud sling down the side. I'm not doing hard off roading, more muddy country road and it really keeps the truck looking good.
I'm looking to add side steps and mud flaps. Are the MOPAR steps the same as the overland ones referenced above? Did you use MOPAR mud flaps? I'm trying to figure out what front mud flaps fit with Max Tow Package, if that makes a difference. My wife is on me to get side steps added because she can't get in and out easily.

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to add side steps and mud flaps. Are the MOPAR steps the same as the overland ones referenced above? Did you use MOPAR mud flaps? I'm trying to figure out what front mud flaps fit with Max Tow Package, if that makes a difference. My wife is on me to get side steps added because she can't get in and out easily.
I ordered mine from the factory with the running boards, they tell you that they need to be removed for off roading, I then ordered, from Mopar, the mud flaps and they match up with the running board and give a pretty sealed up blockage of mud.
Jeep Gladiator Do I want side steps? Rock Rails? Sliders? 1592225789897

flowerskraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Legal/Admin Assistant - Retired Navy Chief Petty Officer
Oh man! I got to backseat in an F-18 when I was stationed in Lemoore back in the 90s. I threw up. lol. The second we got up and tapered off, the pilot says, "you ready!?!" and as I began to mumble an answer, he puts us in the downward and to the side corkscrew. I think I lost ten pounds of water weight that day from vomiting. This is why you don't strap the Yeoman into the shiny winged-rocket thingy.

A time long, long ago when I went for a backseat ride.
Jeep Gladiator Do I want side steps? Rock Rails? Sliders? 1592225789897

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Oh man! I got to backseat in an F-18 when I was stationed in Lemoore back in the 90s. I threw up. lol. The second we got up and tapered off, the pilot says, "you ready!?!" and as I began to mumble an answer, he puts us in the downward and to the side corkscrew. I think I lost ten pounds of water weight that day from vomiting. This is why you don't strap the Yeoman into the shiny winged-rocket thingy.
Didnt they teach you to keep your eyes on the horizon? As soon as you take your eyes off, mask off and puke bag on!

GaGladiator

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JK 4Door
I would love to buy the back rock rails off of you if you decide to get rid of those. The ones under the truck bed. Im in north ga and willing to drive a decent distance to meet up. (If you are interested in selling them.)

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Analyst
I would love to buy the back rock rails off of you if you decide to get rid of those. The ones under the truck bed. Im in north ga and willing to drive a decent distance to meet up. (If you are interested in selling them.)

If you dont have a Rubi then you will have to cut the bumper to make them fit.....
Sponsored