Sponsored

Do I want side steps? Rock Rails? Sliders?

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
I took off my running boards and put on N-FAB rock rails with removable steps. I remove the steps when going off-road.
PIC 4.jpg
Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I took off my running boards and put on N-FAB rock rails with removable steps. I remove the steps when going off-road.
PIC 4.jpg
I was looking at that picture thinking, "That looks like San Diego." Then I look at your location. LOL. I grew up in Chula Vista, and still travel out frequently to visit my parents. Some nice wheeling opportunities there. Anza-Borrego and Carrizo Mountain are a couple favorites of mine.

BTW, just looking for info on rock sliders and ended up ordering a set from Ace Engineering. They have a discount code up for the week on their website. Now all I need is a Gladiator to put them on. Picking up my Gobi later this afternoon (which will come here two hours earlier than if I were in San Diego, LOL!).

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
I was looking at that picture thinking, "That looks like San Diego." Then I look at your location. LOL. I grew up in Chula Vista, and still travel out frequently to visit my parents. Some nice wheeling opportunities there. Anza-Borrego and Carrizo Mountain are a couple favorites of mine.

BTW, just looking for info on rock sliders and ended up ordering a set from Ace Engineering. They have a discount code up for the week on their website. Now all I need is a Gladiator to put them on. Picking up my Gobi later this afternoon (which will come here two hours earlier than if I were in San Diego, LOL!).
This pic was 2 weeks ago in Lake Havasu area. If I remember right...Bison Falls. But, yea some good wheelin close by. Below Pinos Mountian loop around Lake Morena east of Alpine.
JT.jpg

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone got some pictures of the ace engineering rails on their lifted Gladiator. Got my Gobi sport s with Max tow Monday and put 35's on it Wednesday and just lifted it Today 2.5" . Looking for rails now and like the Ace engineering

MVIMG_20200215_115705.jpg

Sixt7gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S max tow, LJ, M725
ACE sliders finally arrived today, ordered 28Dec.
I've been eager to get these, so the cold rain wasn't going to stop me this evening.
No problems removing front bolts. No problems with center bolts. Right rear was fussy, but a few in-out cycles and a breaker bar completed the job.
On install, the left center bolt wouldn't grab anything. All other bolts installed and torqued fine.

How is the nut attached? Welded or floating? Accessible from the cab?

Thanks

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Ended up just throwing Rubi Rails on. Glad I went this route. A step might have taken away from the lift
MVIMG_20200218_161938.jpg
MVIMG_20200218_161948.jpg

Reactions: JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
I'll give you a HELL of a deal on a set of Rubi sliders.
PM me.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Someone locally is selling their overland sidesteps, wondering if I should pick these up. What are the advantages/disadvantages of getting the overland sidesteps vs the rubi or aftermarket rock rails?
I put overland sidesteps on mine because I need a good wide step for getting in. Also, due to the close fit and width, they do an excellent job of protecting the side from tire spray and debris. They are plastic so they won't rust, but you don't want to beat them against any rocks.

As far as getting out, I never use the step for getting out, it helps getting in, but not so much getting out. I installed a roll bar grip so I can hoist myself over so my leg clears the seat and I can step out onto the ground.

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
12CF0EEB-1E05-4B51-9CCB-FDC0EDEEAEA3.jpeg
80CD6BBA-785D-4B36-8D38-22A7158ECA49.jpeg
05E50134-C9EB-4718-96BC-BFF66DD2774A.jpeg
My Overland steps take-off are ready to ship....

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
53FDCC11-0286-4C60-8752-BD7C746E8507.jpeg
Anyone got some pictures of the ace engineering rails on their lifted Gladiator. Got my Gobi sport s with Max tow Monday and put 35's on it Wednesday and just lifted it Today 2.5" . Looking for rails now and like the Ace engineering

MVIMG_20200215_115705.jpg
Get some Rubi take off rails first.
Ace Engineering rails ON. Recommended!

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Your choice will depend on usage. I don't want steps that could get torn off when on a trail. For mall crawling, I like a rock rail that extends some to protect the doors from others who just have to park near me, and then fling their doors open. I also like a rock rail that covers the lip and holes in the body tub. I chose Rock Hard with the outer rail angled up. If you would find the powder coat finish slippery, get abrasive ShurTape from Lowe's, etc. and apply it where you would step, but hopefully not lapping over to where you will scrape your leg on the outside of the tube.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys.

So I'm new to this whole off-road truck thing. I quickly realized on my Sport S, that I may want some sort of side step as I think my bolsters are going to take some abuse getting out of the truck... I was also thinking when I start getting the truck ready for off-roading, I may not want to get something that hinders off-road ability. I'm thinking anything that extends beyond the frame would be bad, so anything with extending steps would be a no. So what can I get that would provide a place to step for a second to not put so much weight on my seat bolsters getting out, also protect from rocks/etc when off-roading and not hinder the trucks offroad ability at all?
Don't get the running board if you plan on off-roading, they tell you that they need to be taken off if you go off-roading or they will get damaged.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

GaGladiator

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JK 4Door
Are you willing to ship them to Jasper Ga? If so what would be your price? I can pay for shipping as long as the price/shipping is decent together.
Sponsored