Sponsored

Does any one have a 2021 gladiator that wanders.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
I read about steering problems before picking up my 2021 Mojave so I've been paying particular attention every time I take it out. I would not call mine a problem at this point but its definitely got a looser feel and a tiny bit of wandering compared to any other truck or vehicle I've had.

Reducing tire pressure has helped a little and I will look into the steering box adjustment first since I did that on an older truck wtih 200k mi and it would be nice if there were instructions or a youtube on torqueing the suspension nuts and bolts.
The JL forum is miles ahead on posting torque specs and usually a couple years ahead on figuring out a few of the same problems the JTā€™s are discussing. Here are the specs.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/torque-values-for-jeep-jl-wrangler.17791/
Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Mine wandered more than I liked when I got it. Putting 35s on it and running them at 37psi instead of the 43 the factory tires were filled to has made a huge difference. Itā€™s not perfect, but itā€™s better than my JK or LJ ever were.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
OP, did you ask the question because you were under the impression newly built gladiators would have the TSB fix already done? Does anyone know if newly built gladiators will have the TSB addressed from the factory?

OP
OP

Gremlinsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Yes. I asked because mine is wandering and the tab appears to be for 20 my gladiators

Iā€™m curious if the tab/ updated gearbox is already installed

Iā€™m going to try the gearbox adjustment btw. Just to see if it works

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
OP, did you ask the question because you were under the impression newly built gladiators would have the TSB fix already done? Does anyone know if newly built gladiators will have the TSB addressed from the factory?
I got the steel gear box when I picked up my truck February, 2021. Truck was made August 2020

Sponsored

John D. Upton

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, Willys
Occupation
Retired
I seem to have a little bit of wandering in the 21 model I just got. Itā€™s a two handed drive currently

Iā€™ve found the threads about the tab but it shows to be for 20 models.

Anyone else have a 21 my that has this issue
Been working on mine since I picked up my Ruby about a month ago. Had dealer check alignment not much help. Swapped the front tires side to side, lowered air pressure to 34 cold. That helped. Added the Falcon 2.1 steering stabilizer, that helped as well. It drives much better but I think a proper toe setting will help. I am going next Tuesday to an alignment shop to make sure that the caster is right, if not I will be getting adjustable lower arms. Should have been right when purchased.

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
We have had our 2021 High Altitude diesel for almost a month and yes it wandered especially between 50 and 60. I noticed that the tires were pretty high (43lbs) from the factory. I dropped them today to 39 cold and that has really helped. Our Gladiator has light green tire stem caps so Iā€™m thinking the dealer put in nitrogen.

Iā€˜m going to drive it as is for a bit and see how it does.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
My truck is about 3 months old. I remembe the 20 mile drive home was definitely a two handed affair. As a matter of fact I had to keep it on the slow lane. Tire pressure was above 40. I put on a lift that weekend and now running 37s at 33psi with no problem going 80 plus on the highway, single handed relaxed driving.

alyn

First Name
Alyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator,2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Retired
Mine is worse the my "16 JKU Rubicon. Very light steering.

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
The correct steering box on Gladiators should be this part number, 68507576AA per the TSB 08-074-20. This bulletin involves replacing the steering gear and updating the Electric Hydraulic Power Steering(EHPS) software, if required

Sponsored

Snowcavemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yes, mine is quite bad. I took it to the dealer but they were not able to fix it. Made it worse actually.

I did all the typical suggested stuff; torque everything, lower tire pressure, balance tires. Running tires at 32 lbs helps a little unless its windy or towing, but then you have the alert.

I put on a SteerSmarts track bar and steering box brace, but that didn't help.

I ran the tires off my JKU for a little bit before I sold that and it made the biggest improvement. Again unless towing or there is a little wind, then it is just a white knuckle ride.

I'm going to bring it back to the dealer one more time, then have to decide if its worth throwing money at to fix it if they can't, or get rid of it for a Raptor. I need to be able to tow, which is why I got the max tow and even towing 2,000 pounds is dangerous (something my JKU did with ease).

Don't let people tell you its a "Jeep thing" it is not. Some JT's drive just fine while others are like ours. Sure they are not going to drive like an F-150, but they are not all over the road and dangerous either.
My 21 Rubicon wandered a little bit. 37's and a Rock Krawer lift and steer smart parts, I is better, not perfect.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
My 2021 has a slight wander. My tire pressure is about 39 on all tires. Need to lower to 35. Not bad enough to take to the dealer. First Jeep. Getting the Falcon 2.2 soon.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Mine was built in August of 20, and it handles properly.

Kevin
same here, but mine was right at the cut off between the aluminum and steel. I have the aluminum

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
I seem to have a little bit of wandering in the 21 model I just got. Itā€™s a two handed drive currently

Iā€™ve found the threads about the tab but it shows to be for 20 models.

Anyone else have a 21 my that has this issue
What tires does you have on it? MT tires will never do as well as an AT tire on pavement.

I swapped some AT3 for the MT on my Mojave and its transformed on road manners. Before that
it really required to hands at hwy speeds for safety.
Sponsored