m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Got my zautomotive camera today. Tazer already installed. Anyone see the camera installed on a stick shift JT? I’ve seen vids and write up on auto and they use a clutch plug but of course I have a clutch using that space.

0827814B-9ED8-4014-A486-7C597F8A093A.jpeg

8B4047DD-23BE-4D25-9E26-638CF11BCD17.jpeg
Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Got my zautomotive camera today. Tazer already installed. Anyone see the camera installed on a stick shift JT? I’ve seen vids and write up on auto and they use a clutch plug but of course I have a clutch using that space.

0827814B-9ED8-4014-A486-7C597F8A093A.jpeg

8B4047DD-23BE-4D25-9E26-638CF11BCD17.jpeg
Is that the JT specific cam or the JL. I was told a couple of days ago the JT isn’t available yet.

You could potentially use the passenger side grommet that’s also used for the aux switches.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Is that the JT specific cam or the JL. I was told a couple of days ago the JT isn’t available yet.

You could potentially use the passenger side grommet that’s also used for the aux switches.
It’s JL. I’m willing to mess around with the camera as needed. I have a winch and bull bar that might mess up the view. Thanks for the tip, I’ll checkout the pass side. I don’t have aux switches (yet).

7AE7524B-DEAA-4DDF-8CF5-A40591CA1F03.jpeg

Donnie2153

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Bryan, I am very curious if you were successful in the completion of your OEM trail cam install.

Reactions: DVC

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Bryan, I am very curious if you were successful in the completion of your OEM trail cam install.
Haven’t had time or weather cooperation (JT doesn’t fit well in garage). Also I found out that there is a new JT bracket. Just got the bracket Friday. Glad I didn’t hack my grill. Hopefully I’ll find some time to work on this.

B9DBAC03-7383-4077-8AF7-5879FC60735F.jpeg

Sponsored

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Haven’t had time or weather cooperation (JT doesn’t fit well in garage). Also I found out that there is a new JT bracket. Just got the bracket Friday. Glad I didn’t hack my grill. Hopefully I’ll find some time to work on this.

Jeep Gladiator Factory trail camera install? B9DBAC03-7383-4077-8AF7-5879FC60735F
Is this for the JL and we need to modify or specific to the JT no grill modification required?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Is this for the JL and we need to modify or specific to the JT no grill modification required?
This is the brand new JT specific bracket. Waiting on some instructions.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
mtpilatus
you are correct. you need to convert the cable to a rca input. i am still working on the system. it has come to a standstill because i have to go to the east coast to see family. Jeep corp has given me the sales code ad installed it via computer to the jeep. however, the software between the bcm and the radio and the cvpm is not quite right and i was told by the dealership that jeep will not help me figure it out and that is ok with me because i have asked the dealership if they will help and the tech told me that if i can come up with the solution he will help me work thru it. i am going to be gone until the middle of august. i will go back to this project in sept.
September starts tomorrow :)

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
hello all
i am back from my summer trips and started teaching last week. During the summer, i was in Georgia at a friends house who is a software engineer. i explained and showed him what i have and he confirmed my thought that the problem is a software issue with the cameras not working. we believe the software for the radio and the Body control module is the basic software not the software that is used to handle the CVPM. i have been in contact will the dealership/tech about my front camera setup and they agree with me on this point. what we are going to do is download the new software for both the radio and the BCM and do a complete hard reboot of the system to bring everything up. with school starting and my students back in class Monday thru Thursday, i plan on doing this software change by the end of the month on a Friday afternoon. i will keep you informed. it is interesting that as of July ordering, you can have the trail cam installed on the overland.

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, here's what we determined today -

After mocking up the camera and the known coax wire harness, following the coax to just below the left front (driver side) light and found there is no corresponding coax connector.
An earlier post describes a 2-wire connector in that area, and the only one we found on my JTR was one associated with a force sensor (accelerometer).

I think we need to confirm the actual / physical location of the video processor box, preferrably with a photo.

We have also researched the FAKRA and coax and extending the existing coax harness to the video processor box should be an easy enough acquisition.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
Ok, here's what we determined today -

After mocking up the camera and the known coax wire harness, following the coax to just below the left front (driver side) light and found there is no corresponding coax connector.
An earlier post describes a 2-wire connector in that area, and the only one we found on my JTR was one associated with a force sensor (accelerometer).

I think we need to confirm the actual / physical location of the video processor box, preferrably with a photo.

We have also researched the FAKRA and coax and extending the existing coax harness to the video processor box should be an easy enough acquisition.
Let me know where to find the FAKRA connector and coax. I have been unsuccessful so far.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Let me know where to find the FAKRA connector and coax. I have been unsuccessful so far.
I signed up for a short subscription at
https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/
and was able to find part numbers for connectors, verify the MCVP is behind the subwoofer,
downloaded all sort of drawings, diagrams and specs, as well as troubleshooting and diagnosis steps.

Now just trying to see how to get everything itemized, procured and possibly installed into the proper harness locations, or at least more correctly, into the proper control modules, so that the SW reflash will not trigger any codes.

Here is an example of the FAKRA connectors found in series on the known and readily available camera coax harness (68406737AB ) that are available from Mouser:
(Male and Female)
59Z163-000-A
59Z176-000-A

59K14B-1xx/50 ** Cable Seal
59Z163-000/51 Sealing Cap

**Note: this list is still incomplete.... one example is the coax connectors also each need a seal and cable cap in order to be weather proof.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
I signed up for a short subscription at
https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/
and was able to find part numbers for the connectors, verify the MCVP is behind the subwoofer
downloaded all sort of drawings, diagrams and specs, as well as troubleshooting and diagnosis steps.

Now just trying to see how to get everythinbg installed into the proper harness locations, or at least, into the proper control modules.
Are the individual connectors available?
Sponsored