First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Pilot
How does the factory bedliner compare to LineX? I got a quote for LineX’s premium line for $770. More expensive than factory but which is better?
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
While I can't compare the factory with Line-X, I have a launch edition gladiator (so coming up on 4 years old) and the factory liner has held up just fine and I've tossed all kinds of things in there for dump runs and such.

Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I have the factory liner in my 2020, still holding up great! Cannot compare it for you though...

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
The factory spray-in bed liner is roughly 30% of the thickness of a LineX applied coat and the prep may range from simply taping off to a proper scuff down, IPA wipe etc. Factory applications are inconsistent because it is an a la carte service that their partner (or in-house) body shop applies. If you go factory, check for overspray before taking delivery. They hold up well for light to moderate use but you cant toss a farm jack into the bed like you can with LineX. The material thickness prevents dents in scenarios that a factory spray will not, that plus the material itself can't take as much impact. That said it is not bad at all and a reasonably priced option to protect your bed that is far superior to leaving it naked, a mat or plastic insert.

LineX is in another league entirely. It's is near bulletproof and can look new after a decade if moderately cared for. It can take significantly more abuse and the prep is far more thorough and consistent. Lastly, at resale time the investment in Line-X most often returns in full because it will still look new and nobody questions LineX quality and durability. That said, these days the price is a real factor.

Best you can do is stop by LineX and ask them to show you a recent job whose waiting on pickup. Skip the marketing samples yada yada, see a real application. Then head to your dealer. Open a tailgate with a factory optioned liner paying particular attention to the edges. You'll notice the difference instantly.

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Lastly, at resale time the investment in Line-X most often returns in full because it will still look new and nobody questions LineX quality and durability.
I might be an exception but i've never looked in the bed of a truck i'm planning to buy with the intention of usuing it as a truck and said "not this one" because the bed has some scratches.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I'm more then happy with my OEM spray in bed liner for $525.......and it has a warranty too.

Save the money, get the OEM and spend the excess loot on Jeep parts

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I couldn't get the factory liner when I ordered my JT. So I went with Line-X. Paid about $600 for the premium last year in March. What's nice with Line-X. You can tell them where you want a little extra. I had them spray farther on down at the end of the bed, by the tail gate. Plus extra on the bottom of the tail gate. This is the area that traps crap when you close the tail gate.

There is a warranty with Line-X too. I've had to use it on my Power Wagon. Was unloading a bed full of dirt with a shovel. Couple of times. I dug the end of the shovel into the bed liner. Took it back to Line-X and they touched it up.

Sponsored

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I might be an exception but i've never looked in the bed of a truck i'm planning to buy with the intention of usuing it as a truck and said "not this one" because the bed has some scratches.
Agreed, I simply meant it more as a competitive advantage when selling privately. At $250 more, the difference after a few years of use is pretty apparent.

WoolyKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
2 years on OEM liner and no complaints, hauled gravel, pavers, wood, I also use a cheap Amazon bed mat. My previous truck had an aftermarket spray in, did fine as well. Factory option is more convenient, quality good as any other manufacturer, it is sprayed in at the factory by machines, aftermarket depends on a place and how good they are. If you are really worried have it finished in mahogany and never use for anything…. a truck is a truck and let it do truck things!!!

Spicy Pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gladiator Mojave
I had Line-X put on my '22 Mojave's bed about a month after it came home with me, and so far it's been pretty solid. A couple issues I've noticed that I'll have to talk to a Line-X dealer about:

1. Loading my heavy road cases in and out of the bed has caused the Line-X on a couple areas on the top edge of the tailgate to chip off, all the way down past the paint (tilting the road cases on the edge of the tailgate then pushing them up and over into the bed). I'll see if Line-X will touch up that area or not when I get some time.

2. After a surprise blizzard came into the New Mexico mountains last Thanksgiving I was hauling around some stuff, including a couple bags of rock salt for the driveways. One of them leaked out some salt and it seems to have lightly "stained" a few spots on the Line-X. I'll have to ask Line-X about that as well and see if it can be buffed out or not.

Overall I'm glad I went with Line-X. Rhino Liner was also a possibility and would have felt a bit nicer when I crawl around the bed, but I can't say I regret the Line-X at all.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have LineX in my 2003 F250 and it has held up great. After 20 years it has faded a bit but held up wear wise well. The factory bed liner in my Gladiator appears thinner but I have had no issues in the 3 years I have owned the truck.
Sponsored