Sponsored

Farewell Jeep and CJDR

Nuclear_Inc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I officially got rid of my JT. Nothing but a dealer queen. 3 right axle shafts, rear window leak and scratch up your hard top replacing because of the crap design, slit seat leather from factory, severe wobble when going over bumps. What really put me over the top to get rid of it was finding out all my hood and all 4 door hinges all had paint bubbling due to their garbage painting process. 1 year backlog on doors and hoods because of the strike. Also nearly got stranded and placed in harms way on the highway when jeep went into limp mode because of a throttle body fault. My hard top also had whistling noises in the winter before seals wear out. But honestly who wants to pay 58k for a jeep and have to repaint all hoods and doors at the lowest bidder body shop Jeep can afford. It will never be as durable or good as factory paint. Most people have the paint bubbling come back after 2 years. So glad I got rid of this POS. Never touching a CJDR ever again. Good luck! Get rid of yours while you can because your hinges will corrode eventually. Took 2.5 years for mine. My buddies had his JL repainted and after 1 years it’s all bubbling again because of dissimilar metal corrosion.
Sponsored

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
My 22 has never seen the dealer. If I had your story mine would be gone also.

Sponsored

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
There needs to be a special forum topic section for these types of threads @JAY

And by special, I mean one where once they post it, it continues to come up with an error, over and over again.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Well.......... OP went nuclear with his post. Matches his handle.

That many problems. I don't blame him for getting rid of it.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
There needs to be a special forum topic section for these types of threads @JAY

And by special, I mean one where once they post it, it continues to come up with an error, over and over again.
The last Jeep I'll ever own.

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
I officially got rid of my JT. Nothing but a dealer queen. 3 right axle shafts, rear window leak and scratch up your hard top replacing because of the crap design, slit seat leather from factory, severe wobble when going over bumps. What really put me over the top to get rid of it was finding out all my hood and all 4 door hinges all had paint bubbling due to their garbage painting process. 1 year backlog on doors and hoods because of the strike. Also nearly got stranded and placed in harms way on the highway when jeep went into limp mode because of a throttle body fault. My hard top also had whistling noises in the winter before seals wear out. But honestly who wants to pay 58k for a jeep and have to repaint all hoods and doors at the lowest bidder body shop Jeep can afford. It will never be as durable or good as factory paint. Most people have the paint bubbling come back after 2 years. So glad I got rid of this POS. Never touching a CJDR ever again. Good luck! Get rid of yours while you can because your hinges will corrode eventually. Took 2.5 years for mine. My buddies had his JL repainted and after 1 years it’s all bubbling again because of dissimilar metal corrosion.
Sorry to hear that you had enough. I think it’s good that people vent on the forums. Jeep needs to hear the frustration.
Hope your next vehicle treats you better.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I think it’s good that people vent on the forums. Jeep needs to hear the frustration.
These are not complementary sentences. Jeep does not check these forums. @JeepCares posts here less than one a week on average and mostly just says "send me a pm"

Last edited:

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
Well.......... OP went nuclear with his post. Matches his handle.

That many problems. I don't blame him for getting rid of it.
Sorry to hear that you had enough. I think it’s good that people vent on the forums. Jeep needs to hear the frustration.
Hope your next vehicle treats you better.
I don't blame him for getting rid of it, nor venting about a lousy experience. However, trying to get a forum of enthusiasts to "Get rid of yours while you can because your hinges will corrode eventually." is quite ridiculous.
Sponsored