Sponsored

Feedback/experience on 4.10s with 37s

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Check! Did them the other weekend :rock: It definitely helps out on the highway and the pick up is restored, no pun intended...

20190921_150106.jpg

20190920_143000.jpg

20190921_183412.jpg
What gears did you get (sorry, you probably posted above) and can you tell us about the cost for gears plus install?

My mods are pretty much done now. My gladiator is ready to go. It is essentially a stock Rubicon with my mods focus being on carrying my gear and recover (winch). I will be adding a shell (RLD) sometime later this year.
I'm not familiar with RLD so I Googled it - holy $hizer! https://www.rlddesignusa.com/p/jeep_gladiator/2020-jeep-gladiator-truck-cap-canopy/
Sponsored

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE-Billet, 21 F150 Tremor, 98 Jeep XJ, 68 Bronco
What gears did you get (sorry, you probably posted above) and can you tell us about the cost for gears plus install?
I did not spec, but in my defense it's in the pic, lol. Anyway, we went with Yukon 4.88's with Spicer install kits. I shopped around on the net and paid around 950 for all the parts, including the Dana diff covers and the setup/install was on me. If I were doing it again, I'd probably pay a little extra for the Spicer gears, they seem to set up a little easier/quicker. :like:

CJ7nvrstk

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 11 JKU
So I am looking for this information because I am trying to decide on buying & building up a Sport/Sport S or buying a Rubicon:

I know there are people out there out driving a Rubicon with 4.10s, 8-speed auto, 37 inch tires. I am looking for their opinion on how they enjoy the ride quality and performance/efficiency of the vehicle. I would imagine a programmer would definitely be a must to allow the vehicle to adjust shift points for the larger tires. In any event, I’m trying to determine if the 4.10s are enough based on people’s feedback. Of course, Re-gearing to 4.88s would be better but it doesn’t mean that 4.10 performance is bad.

To put it in perspective, I currently have a JK Sport with 3.73s on 35s. A bit sluggish but overall I love the way my Jeep handles and drives. I just tell you this cause it shows you what I consider decent performance (even if you think I am nuts!). Thanks for any feedback!

Edit: I appreciate your feedback if you are going to tell me about your opinion on Re-gearing. However, if you haven’t driven the gladiator yet with the set up I mentioned, then I don’t believe you can really give me a trustworthy opinion on it. Please only give me feed back if you have driven a rubi with 4.10s, auto trans, 37s.
Can’t give you suggestions on anything as you failed to provide adequate data! You state you have a JK sport with 3.73 and 35s.

What engine? What transmission? What are your intended uses? What type of terrain do you wheel/DD in.? Do you wheel, tow....

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Can’t give you suggestions on anything as you failed to provide adequate data! You state you have a JK sport with 3.73 and 35s.

What engine? What transmission? What are your intended uses? What type of terrain do you wheel/DD in.? Do you wheel, tow....

Dude... You quoted a post from August that has 4 pages of answers. Pretty sure he's got his answer.

Sponsored

CJ7nvrstk

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 11 JKU
Dude... You quoted a post from August that has 4 pages of answers. Pretty sure he's got his answer.
Probably not if he’s not asking the right question or providing the right data Einstein (_?_)

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Probably not if he’s not asking the right question or providing the right data Einstein (_?_)
Try checking to see if they even still come around next time you resurrect a deceased thread. The OP hasn't been here in nearly a month. Smart ass.

CJ7nvrstk

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 11 JKU
Try checking to see if they even still come around next time you resurrect a deceased thread. The OP hasn't been here in nearly a month. Smart ass.
Exactly! Never once responded. That’s why you earned the Einstein (_?_) award!

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Exactly! Never once responded. That’s why you earned the Einstein (_?_) award!
Listen Glenn.... I know the internet is hard and being old makes technology difficult but there is an etiquette to the internet you should probably look into. A guy with 3 post and a join date of April is not what I would consider a contributing member. Maybe go back to lurking.

And a hint. You don't necro a thread from months ago thinking you have an answer for someone who doesn't post anymore. All you have to do is click on there name and see he hasn't been here for awhile. And this thread from August might have been bumped if he was still looking for feedback. Next time try not to be a boomer. This isn't a good look for you.

CJ7nvrstk

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 11 JKU
Listen Glenn.... I know the internet is hard and being old makes technology difficult but there is an etiquette to the internet you should probably look into. A guy with 3 post and a join date of April is not what I would consider a contributing member. Maybe go back to lurking.

And a hint. You don't necro a thread from months ago thinking you have an answer for someone who doesn't post anymore. All you have to do is click on there name and see he hasn't been here for awhile. And this thread from August might have been bumped if he was still looking for feedback. Next time try not to be a boomer. This isn't a good look for you.
Funny odd boy.

hoping to help others which you clearly are not. More info and intended uses help. If you can’t see that, sorry. I lack the crayons and time to explain it to you son.

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Funny odd boy.

hoping to help others which you clearly are not. More info and intended uses help. If you can’t see that, sorry. I lack the crayons and time to explain it to you son.
That joke is so old your mom called and wants it back. Here let me make this easier for you. How about I just block you and unsubscribe from this thread. You can keep talking yourself up like you aren't an idiot and my feed is devote of you for eternity. Have a nice rest of your life.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
OK, boys...

4.88?
Now that you've (OR ANYONE ELSE) done it, would you do it again with 4.88?
I was kinda chewing it, but thought that might be too much, I was thinking 4.55. I saw a chart somewhere that showed 4.55 on 37s was almost the same as 4.10 on 33s, maybe bad info, who knows.

THEN (until you posted this crap and partially triggered me:headbang:) was holding the cash, which is very hard for me to do, waiting for the Diesel.

OP
OP
CheatyJeepy14

CheatyJeepy14

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Funny odd boy.

Wow, you’re being a jerk to this guy and I. I think I explained enough to get the point across the four pages worth of people who gave me tremendous feedback. I didn’t state I have a different engine, so safe to assume the standard 3.6 pentastar. Same for the transmission; safe to assume I would have told you that. Finally, I use my Jeep for a little bit of every type of off roading due to moving around the country a lot, and I have perspective to tow, or maybe not. So really none of that information was needed.

No thank you. I don’t want your help.

CJ7nvrstk

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 11 JKU
Wow, you’re being a jerk to this guy and I. I think I explained enough to get the point across the four pages worth of people who gave me tremendous feedback. I didn’t state I have a different engine, so safe to assume the standard 3.6 pentastar. Same for the transmission; safe to assume I would have told you that. Finally, I use my Jeep for a little bit of every type of off roading due to moving around the country a lot, and I have perspective to tow, or maybe not. So really none of that information was needed.

No thank you. I don’t want your help.
Noted.

you won’t get accurate help either.

you do realize there were different engines and transmissions used, right? Each combo requires something different. Can’t speculate what combo you have as you didn’t provide data. I’m sure you know about assume. Can’t assume anything and not a mind reader.

good day.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Wow! This thread went sideways. I still think the JT is fine on 37s with the automatic transmission and 4.10 gears. It might be more ideal somewhere around 4.56, but it’s not worth the cost for the little gains, in my opinion. I recently drove it on a 800 mile round trip vacation, and it easily cruises at 80mph on the interstate. (Don’t ask me what gear it was in, because all I know for sure is that it was in D. I turned off the gear indicator because it was making me crazy watching it.)
Sponsored