Sponsored

Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
So where does this get installed?
Any idea about the installation?
I plan on welding mine right to the break booster:CWL:

I have been waiting for this to drop just like the rest of us but now I may hold off. The only trailer I pull right now does not have breaks. I hope I don't regret not getting this now.

chsapeak

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel Rubicon Stingray
I think any of us that paid extra for the "tow package" should get one installed for free. Sounds like they were just late in getting these out or they would have been part of the package.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That is freaking insane!!! $500 for a brake controller?
$250ish for the parts and the same for labor. And in the end, you lose the 12V outlet.

The more I think about this, the more I'm happy I just said screw it and went with the Redarc Tow Pro Elite.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
All this excitement - but this still is posted elsewhere -

Quick Overview
This product is available for preorder with an ETA of early May 2020. Orders are being taken and will be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis once the part is available.

any site can show an item, then tell you "when available" after you order, or promise it will ship soon. Why were we and everyone else told April/May if now it's suddenly available?
What's the REAL scoop?

As far as "where does this get installed - it's been hashed out for months - where the 12v outlet is normally. That's been shown forever in the documents, on the web sites, etc. so that's a known thing. Even the pic on the MOPAR site shows it where the 12v outlet is normally installed.
Nothing has changed there.

So what are the facts - is it shipping NOW - or is it like allmoparparts.com says - May? Dealer people have said April (*meaning May, generally) Just because you can order something doesn't mean it's actually in hand yet - or is it?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Quick Overview
This product is available for preorder with an ETA of early May 2020. Orders are being taken and will be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis once the part is available.

any site can show an item, then tell you "when available" after you order, or promise it will ship soon. Why were we and everyone else told April/May if now it's suddenly available?
What's the REAL scoop?

As far as "where does this get installed - it's been hashed out for months - where the 12v outlet is normally. That's been shown forever in the documents, on the web sites, etc. so that's a known thing. Even the pic on the MOPAR site shows it where the 12v outlet is normally installed.

So what are the facts - is it shipping NOW - or is it like allmoparparts.com says - May? Dealer people have said April (*meaning May, generally) Just because you can order something doesn't mean it's actually in hand yet - or is it?
I bought today and got an estimated economy, ground delivery date of February 15-19 and it said I could've paid $50 to get it tomorrow. Hopefully its not a bait and switch.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

Quick Overview

What's the REAL scoop?

Sorta why I paid the extra and went with the order from the legit mopar website. At least I know it wont be knock off or anything. But time will tell if my caution was worth the cost or not.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Interesting note when I looked it up on the mopar parts site from the first post......

“Integrated Trailer Brake Control Module allows driver to automatically or manually activate the electronic brakes on properly equipped trailers for greater stopping power on downhill grades. The controller and status display are mounted in the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel, and the included control lever can activate the trailer brakes independent of the truck`s brakes. Drivers can customize the amount of brake force the trailer uses, depending on load requirements.”

typo??

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
"included lever"
Sponsored