Sponsored

Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
As far as the price goes, just looked on my spreadsheet I made when @JAY posted the first invoice price sheet....
Tow pkg was $350, max tow $995, trailer brake controller $295. Invoice price on the controller was $263. So online prices are about what I would expect. Yes, it’s a little more than some of the aftermarket ones but it’s also oem and covered by warranty through the dealer network. If it ties into the EMC, then all the better.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting note when I looked it up on the mopar parts site from the first post......

“Integrated Trailer Brake Control Module allows driver to automatically or manually activate the electronic brakes on properly equipped trailers for greater stopping power on downhill grades. The controller and status display are mounted in the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel, and the included control lever can activate the trailer brakes independent of the truck`s brakes. Drivers can customize the amount of brake force the trailer uses, depending on load requirements.”

typo??
Gotta be - check the picture - heck, all the pictures from day-1 show the install to the right where the 12v outlet is including the printed documents.
Not sure where you'd put it on the left - although the controller itself may go there, the wire plug-in on the left, with the human interface on the right in place of the 12v outlet.

Maybe it takes the place of the headlight switch?

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Gotta be - check the picture - heck, all the pictures from day-1 show the install to the right where the 12v outlet is including the printed documents.
Not sure where you'd put it on the left - although the controller itself may go there, the wire plug-in on the left, with the human interface on the right in place of the 12v outlet.

Maybe it takes the place of the headlight switch?
lol

I’m kinda thinking the description was cut and pasted from a different controller that mounts to the left of the wheel next to the headlight switch.

Last edited:

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
I think any of us that paid extra for the "tow package" should get one installed for free. Sounds like they were just late in getting these out or they would have been part of the package.
I agree with this! The Ram I traded in on the Gladiator included the brake controller along with various coolers and deeper gears with the tow package.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
lol

I’m kinda thinking the description was cut and pasted from a different controller that mounts to the left of the wheel next to the headlight switch.
Yeah, that was my thought, too. Computers - the greatest way to make a bazillion mistakes with a single mouse clicks. Copy 'n paste and forget to edit.
Long day, I was getting a little goofy (while my wife sits there thinking "getting??")

I REALLY want the MOPAR part. A year or so down the road won't matter as much, but it's still new enough, it matters (to me).
My wife would agree. It's an expensive truck, we want to keep it factory and dealer where possible or practical at this point. Blame them if things don't work together, too.

Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I agree with this! The Ram I traded in on the Gladiator included the brake controller along with various coolers and deeper gears with the tow package.
See post #31. The tow pkg was only 350 (which includes the draw bar hitch and the extra cooler and bigger alternator and battery?) and brake controller was listed at $295 until supplier issues caused them to pull it from the builder. If they had included the controller as part of the tow pkg and charged $650 then they would have a hell of a lot of owners hounding them daily for their controllers. As it is, if you only pull a small trailer and don’t need a controller, you can get the tow pkg without having to pay for the controller you don’t need.

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
See post #31. The tow pkg was only 350 (which includes the draw bar hitch and the extra cooler and bigger alternator and battery?) and brake controller was listed at $295 until supplier issues caused them to pull it from the builder. If they had included the controller as part of the tow pkg and charged $650 then they would have a hell of a lot of owners hounding them daily for their controllers. As it is, if you only pull a small trailer and don’t need a controller, you can get the tow pkg without having to pay for the controller you don’t need.
There is two tow packages though, I understand what you’re saying but this should’ve been part of the “max” tow package! Buyers have a choice between the two!

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
There is two tow packages though, I understand what you’re saying but this should’ve been part of the “max” tow package! Buyers have a choice between the two!
Yeah, it is pretty lame that I paid for the "Max Tow" and didn't get a brake controller. Oh well, when I actually start towing a trailer that needs it, at least I can now install it.

one2doo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT White Rubicon ,2018 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins,2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins, Mahindra Roxor,2018 .
Mounts where the power port for cigarette lighter is.

Sponsored

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
1. As noted, the price is pretty high.

2. Surprised they went for the 12V outlet. Since they also did NOT put a 12V in the armrest glovebox (like there is om the JL). I don't want to give up my only 12V and I shouldn't have to pay to add another one.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know about anything on the 'Left of steering wheel' but the photo matches the 12V outlet perfectly...

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 3.11.13 PM.png

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why there's still discussion as to "where" as that was decided months ago - last summer. And yet - it's still questioned?

Yes, Regis - final answer - 12v outlet. Nope, don't need to phone a friend or ask the audience.
Alex - what is "where is the the 12v outlet"
Yes, Representative Schiff, I heard him tell the dealer "I want that 12v outlet removed and and replaced with the controller"

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
1. As noted, the price is pretty high.

2. Surprised they went for the 12V outlet. Since they also did NOT put a 12V in the armrest glovebox (like there is om the JL). I don't want to give up my only 12V and I shouldn't have to pay to add another one.
I am surprised by that as well. I plan on mounting mine elsewhere, and if that doesn't work I will relocate the 12volt somewhere else in the truck. The usb ports on this thing are a joke for fast charging, and the usb-c ports are just useless lies since they don't offer any additional power.

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy