Sponsored

Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I've never towed anything heavy enough to need trailer brakes before but are you implying that in a true emergency stop scenario you are actually reaching for your trailer brake controller knob and turning it up to help stop more quickly? I would think in an actual "emergency" stop scenario that one would not have time or the foresight to do this.

My understanding of the Echo is that once you have the gain set you don't have to sit there with the phone occupied as it will continue to operate at that level even if you disconnect from blue tooth. The only thing having the app open gives you is that emergency braking button.
Its just there more for an emergency situation where it makes sense to stop it or apply that extra pressue manually for some reason. Or what if the ineira sesor failed. This is what is scary about the echo. I have done this maybe once when it was connected ever. mostly because I hadn't had it fully tuned

anyone know about release in Canada....they do not even seem to know about the release in US. Damn dealers here in THE NORTH
Probably never just like the US one. At this point it is not worth waiting on for any country.
Sponsored

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
With the Echo, get a phone mount so the emergency trailer brake function is readily accessible. Then use CarPlay for all other functions. Echo app on the phone screen, CarPlay on the radio screen. Disable auto screen lock in display settings. This works very well.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I've never towed anything heavy enough to need trailer brakes before but are you implying that in a true emergency stop scenario you are actually reaching for your trailer brake controller knob and turning it up to help stop more quickly? I would think in an actual "emergency" stop scenario that one would not have time or the foresight to do this.

My understanding of the Echo is that once you have the gain set you don't have to sit there with the phone occupied as it will continue to operate at that level even if you disconnect from blue tooth. The only thing having the app open gives you is that emergency braking button.
My RAM 1500 had adjustable gain but also a surge slide. If for instance your gain was only set at +5 but in an emergency you thought you wanted more, you could use the surge slide switch and increase the gain fully bypassing what was set. It was right below the shift knob on the dash. I havenā€™t even looked at the app for the echo yet, but made an assumption there might be a similar function available.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
That would be awesome. I think the Insane Audio unit has a tone of apps...course I would never pay that for a stereo. Maybe when the Apple Car Play goes wireless we might get the app for it?
Way cheaper than the Pioneer unit

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
The trailer brake controller is currently available for order.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
It was available for order in February. That really doesn't mean much..... I think people really want to know if/when it will actually release.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It was available for order in February. That really doesn't mean much..... I think people really want to know if/when it will actually release.
^^^ this times eleventy billion.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@jeepdoesn'tcare, lol

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
ā€œIā€™m sorry youā€™re having this issue. Let us know how bad our dealer makes your problem so we can laugh to ourselves.ā€
not really the dealer issue, just FCA of US and Canada not really providing the info to dealers or customers, just stringing them along
Sponsored