Flimsy Front Inner Fenders

Is anyone else having this issue

• Total voters

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Awesome explanation.thank you! Could it be a new material? If it is a carry over from JLU, should have known parameters, right? Unless the engine heat is so extreme it seeps out of the wheel wells... ;)
I work in Aerospace so my experience is a little different and speculative of what is happening here. Root cause could be a number of factors. I have had vendors give me product that was top notch and per blueprint when in low rate production, then when full rate production kicks in and delivery pressures are on, sometimes delivered product will start to vary from what was initial delivered. On the flip side, my company is always squeezing vendors for reduced cost and sometime we will allow material product variances to meet these costs goal and if a non safety of flight item, testing can be waivered if the risk is deemed low. Sometime that has bite us in the ass and have seen similar instances like this inner fender issue pop up and we call it a "quality escapement".
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
At about mile 300 my left wheel well got sucked down and into the tire. Strong cross wind just sucked it into the tire. Ripped it up good.

IMG_1313.jpg

Sponsored

ScaleRCCrawler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Subaru XV Crosstek
Occupation
US Air Force (Retired)
For those that have had this addressed by @JeepCares and their local dealer, what has been the fix action?

OP
OP
Jace

Jace

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 ram 3500 Laramie, 2014 Ram 2500 Tradesman, 2008 Jeep unlimited Rubicon, 1996 Dodge Viper RT/10, and many more
For those that have had this addressed by @JeepCares and their local dealer, what has been the fix action?
Dealer says parts are on their way as soon as they have them ready. That is as far as I have gotten.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Unless they have addressed the root problem, throwing the same parts as built back on it is not going to be a long term remedy.

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
Unless they have addressed the root problem, throwing the same parts as built back on it is not going to be a long term remedy.
To everybody but the supplier of the limp panels.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
To everybody but the supplier of the limp panels.
At the end of the day, FCA has to buy off on what the supplier supplies. If the supplier built it per signed off design by FCA and did not cut a corner, FCA is going to absorb the cost on this and will probably have to fork over new money to the supplier to fix it. Really will depend who did the design work and if the supplier was just a material parts only supplier and not part of the actual design of the part.

Sponsored

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Edit to my earlier post, just completed a 2 day drive to Florida, and this exact issue just occurred on the passenger side, not the driver side at all. It actually appears to have gotten "burned" by the engine behind it versus the tire. I have MT tires, not windy at all....@JeepCares
Yes... exactly the same... Looks to be the same...

What resolution has Jeep offered you... ?

discovered... today...What about heat under the drivers right foot... ?

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 8.21.25 PM.png

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Edit to my earlier post, just completed a 2 day drive to Florida, and this exact issue just occurred on the passenger side, not the driver side at all. It actually appears to have gotten "burned" by the engine behind it versus the tire. I have MT tires, not windy at all....@JeepCares
Holy Cow!!! The engine heat debacle has a new chapter. All kidding aside, glad you and all JT people are safe. But this makes me wonder if other plastics have weakened. Anyone look under the hood to see if anything else is goofy?

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Trackhawk, RAM DT,
Mine melted as well, right front with A/T tires. Jeep has daily conferences that are JT specific will countless dealer techs who are hands on with the Gladiators that are on the ground. They will get the issue squared away I'm sure.

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, not worried at all! Jeep always comes through!!!
Mine melted as well, right front with A/T tires. Jeep has daily conferences that are JT specific will countless dealer techs who are hands on with the Gladiators that are on the ground. They will get the issue squared away I'm sure.

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
So few thoughts from my side,
- Is it the same part number as JL inner fenders?
- Is there a PN difference between rubicon and sport / overland? if the (guessing) shorter sport inner fender is accidentally put on a rubicon fender it might miss a fastening point.
Sponsored