Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I understand manufacturing efficiencies and all that. Doesn't change the fact that it isn't a good design. I always thought the rear of the JT looked strange with those bulbous things hanging out.

But they could have done the jeep without that feature at all if it required such a compromising design. Also the housing is at least slightly different since the prox sensor package automatically gets you rear LED lights. Or could have designed something unique instead of trying to copy the JL. Oracle did it at a good price and figured out how to still support those stupid sensors.

Its an offroad truck, proof of a bad design was in the opening post here.
1626361739683.png
Maybe if the guy in that picture had the proximity sensors he'd still have a tail light... LOL JK
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Maybe if the guy in that picture had the proximity sensors he'd still have a tail light... LOL JK
Thats it! if they had added more sensors problem solved!!!!

RobbertCole

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 Mustang GT
Yes I understand manufacturing efficiencies and all that. Doesn't change the fact that it isn't a good design. I always thought the rear of the JT looked strange with those bulbous things hanging out.

But they could have done the jeep without that feature at all if it required such a compromising design. Also the housing is at least slightly different since the prox sensor package automatically gets you rear LED lights. Or could have designed something unique instead of trying to copy the JL. Oracle did it at a good price and figured out how to still support those stupid sensors.

Its an offroad truck, proof of a bad design was in the opening post here.
the call for saftey is bigger than the call for ( in you opinion) offroad ready tail lights. The answer is to be careful.

or if you'd like to design a better pair of tail lights that fit the opening, the sensor, and conform to all government regulations ( not just North America) and then mass produce them for free im sure Jeep is listening.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
the call for saftey is bigger than the call for ( in you opinion) offroad ready tail lights. The answer is to be careful.

or if you'd like to design a better pair of tail lights that fit the opening, the sensor, and conform to all government regulations ( not just North America) and then mass produce them for free im sure Jeep is listening.
Jeep wrangler/gladiators are unique in that they are techinically off road vehicles first by design that have been given on road friendly features. Jeeps were initially vehicles of war. Given that fact....the design goals should cater to off road needs primarily and optional road friendly features (like sensors) should be designed around the off road philosophy of this vihicle...not the other way around.

Good engineering is about smart compromises. im not sure compromising trail worthyness with a protruding tail light for an optional road going feature was a wise engineering choice in a "trail ready" vehicle. Especially for a feature with little use off road.

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Jeep wrangler/gladiators are unique in that they are techinically off road vehicles first by design that have been given on road friendly features. Jeeps were initially vehicles of war. Given that fact....the design goals should cater to off road needs primarily and optional road friendly features (like sensors) should be designed around the off road philosophy of this vihicle...not the other way around.

Good engineering is about smart compromises. im not sure compromising trail worthyness with a protruding tail light for an optional road going feature was a wise engineering choice in a "trail ready" vehicle. Especially for a feature with little use off road.
i think the last Jeep with a stitch of war vehicle DNA in its design rolled off the production line in 1986.

93BA17DE-2B26-4298-B35B-1D97CB0F76A9.jpeg

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
i think the last Jeep with a stitch of war vehicle DNA in its design rolled off the production line in 1986.

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights 93BA17DE-2B26-4298-B35B-1D97CB0F76A9
Though that may be true, I like to think (hope) they are still building/designing off road vehicles that are legal to drive on the pavement.....Im sure that concept has become a little diluted with each generation.

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Though that may be true, I like to think (hope) they are still building/designing off road vehicles that are legal to drive on the pavement.....Im sure that concept has become a little diluted with each generation.
Every generation of CJ/Wrangler has been more capable off road than the previous. Hopefully that will continue.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security

Thats what I am getting at Oracle did this in less than a year for less than FCA charges for theirs.

They keep so many things on the jeep in the past design wise I am sure people are not clamoring for technology on these things the way they are on other vehicles. I like the Jeep but less face it, its about as aerodynamic as a brick, has that windshield that will break if you look at it wrong, and leaves some seating room to be desired. Its all things that come with the design. Advanced driving sensors (that are really expensive) really don't seem like a priority item to limit off road ability based on.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Every generation of CJ/Wrangler has been more capable off road than the previous. Hopefully that will continue.
until it breaks down. All the technology comes with a down side when things go sideways. There isn’t much on my CJ that could fail off-road that I couldnt repair with zip ties, wire or a handful of easily sourced spare parts. I can’t say the same about my JT.

Sponsored

RobbertCole

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

yeah, no im really sorry but theyre big selling road vehicles now, and they need to be safe first.

youre wrong.

RobbertCole

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats what I am getting at Oracle did this in less than a year for less than FCA charges for theirs.

They keep so many things on the jeep in the past design wise I am sure people are not clamoring for technology on these things the way they are on other vehicles. I like the Jeep but less face it, its about as aerodynamic as a brick, has that windshield that will break if you look at it wrong, and leaves some seating room to be desired. Its all things that come with the design. Advanced driving sensors (that are really expensive) really don't seem like a priority item to limit off road ability based on.
my god, you are something else lol.

Is oracle making them for jeep? or is oracle their own company?

Oh that's right. Oracle is their own company that doesnt have to design for the masses or for the same saftey standards that Jeep does. oracle is an aftermarket company not being reined in by penny pinching CFOs that want parts to fit as many of the line up as they can.

you cannot be this dense. I refuse to believe it.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
yeah, no im really sorry but theyre big selling road vehicles now, and they need to be safe first.

youre wrong.
The easier way to deal with blindspots would be to put real mirrors on these things instead of $1600 worth of sensors, lol. With properly adjusted mirrors most vehicles don't have blindspots. Some people are obsessed at staring at the side of their vehicle instead of the lanes next to them though....

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The easier way to deal with blindspots would be to put real mirrors on these things instead of $1600 worth of sensors, lol. With properly adjusted mirrors most vehicles don't have blindspots. Some people are obsessed at staring at the side of their vehicle instead of the lanes next to them though....
You're assuming people even use their mirrors. I'll take a nanny feature that is going to beep at someone when they put their turn signal on to change lanes and I'm right next to them.

Oh crap... now I'm the one dreaming... I think people use turn signals... 🤣

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
You're assuming people even use their mirrors. I'll take a nanny feature that is going to beep at someone when they put their turn signal on to change lanes and I'm right next to them.

Oh crap... now I'm the one dreaming... I think people use turn signals... 🤣
A turn signal on a lane change? What is this mystical thing you speak of?

So true though. Most cars I see have them adjusted so they can't actually be used for anything
Sponsored