First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Electrician
Anybody order these around Black Friday/Cyber Monday and been given any ETA when they might arrive? Emailed oracle and got canned customer service speak and no actual information.
Not an answer to your question but you should cancel your order. Oracle has literally the worst customer service I've ever come across.
I have the flush mount tail lights installed (just waiting for the mounts to break like everyone else's). I installed the led back up lights and bought the wiring harness to have a clean install. The wiring harness was bad and after talking to oracle reps via 3 different methods (emailed directly, Instagram and phone calls) they told me to throw away the harness and just wire thwm directly. Never offered a replacement or a credit. I was appauled. I'll never buy another oracle product as long as I live.
All this over a $30 wire harness after I'd spend a few grand in lighting for my gladiator.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Not an answer to your question but you should cancel your order. Oracle has literally the worst customer service I've ever come across.
I have the flush mount tail lights installed (just waiting for the mounts to break like everyone else's). I installed the led back up lights and bought the wiring harness to have a clean install. The wiring harness was bad and after talking to oracle reps via 3 different methods (emailed directly, Instagram and phone calls) they told me to throw away the harness and just wire thwm directly. Never offered a replacement or a credit. I was appauled. I'll never buy another oracle product as long as I live.
All this over a $30 wire harness after I'd spend a few grand in lighting for my gladiator.
I am very sorry to hear of this experience. We are offering a credit or refund for the harness if you did not use it. If you would like to PM me your order number I can definitely take care of that for you. Please let me know and I can make this right immediately. I apologize this was not offered to you initially.
-Melissa Boudreaux

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
I am very sorry to hear of this experience. We are offering a credit or refund for the harness if you did not use it. If you would like to PM me your order number I can definitely take care of that for you. Please let me know and I can make this right immediately. I apologize this was not offered to you initially.
-Melissa Boudreaux
I'll probably just post the screenshots of my interactions with you guys instead. Where you blatantly disregard the video I posted to Instagram so you could first hand see the issue. Then tell me it's a programming issue and I should buy a tazer (which I already have).
Then each employee who interacts with me doesn't bother to look at any notes and we have to start from scratch.
Inevitably directing me to skip the harness and wire directly.
You offered a credit for the harness only after I provided a profanity laden email and with the stipulation that I send it back you approve the return.
Needless to say, I told you to keep your money. It was a very small price to pay in order to discover how bad your company is to deal with. Let alone how poorly you stand behind your product. There are many threads that I should have read before buying so much of your product.
So in short, thanks but no thanks. Keep your "credit".

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I have the flush mount tail lights installed (just waiting for the mounts to break like everyone else's).
what is the issue with the flush tail lights mount breaking? Have not heard of this issue. Your comment would seem to indicate it’s universal, truth?

Sponsored

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
what is the issue with the flush tail lights mount breaking? Have not heard of this issue. Your comment would seem to indicate it’s universal, truth?
Look it up, there's a thread on it. Tabs are snapping and leaving your tail light dangling in the wind. Oracle claims it's from overtightening but everyone seems to only hand tighten and still have it happen. Yet oracle won't stand behind their product.
I haven't had it happen to mine yet, but sounds like a ticking time bomb.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Out of all of the dozens, perhaps hundreds, sold, has anyone actually quantified it, or looked at the forum (a hospital) to find how many have problems (like looking in a hospital to determine how sickly humans are).
Forums are where people complain. So you can't say "everyone is having trouble" based on a thread or two. It could be only 1% or less of all sold.
And IMO, the way Jeep mounts tail lights on these trucks is in itself a cheap, problematic method. Every time I have to deal with the stock tail lights I hold my breath and cringe a bit, and get ready to swear. I'll be pulling my left tail light out again to remove the harness for my backup lights as I strip this truck for trading it. If it breaks, I fix it or buy a new one for a truck I won't even own in a few weeks (or months??) I know it's fast for factory assembly, but it's a real cheap way to mount them.

My John Deere lawn tractor lights are mounted in place 5 times better than the stock Jeep tail lights.
No one is willing to quantify, give real numbers, just point to a thread with complaints as if it's all, or a great majority. Fact is, most Jeep owners aren't even hanging out in forums. Members of this forum don't even represent 5% of all Gladiator owners so how can the members who are complaining about these lights be a majority of people who have bought them................

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Out of all of the dozens, perhaps hundreds, sold, has anyone actually quantified it, or looked at the forum (a hospital) to find how many have problems (like looking in a hospital to determine how sickly humans are).
Forums are where people complain. So you can't say "everyone is having trouble" based on a thread or two. It could be only 1% or less of all sold.
And IMO, the way Jeep mounts tail lights on these trucks is in itself a cheap, problematic method. Every time I have to deal with the stock tail lights I hold my breath and cringe a bit, and get ready to swear. I'll be pulling my left tail light out again to remove the harness for my backup lights as I strip this truck for trading it. If it breaks, I fix it or buy a new one for a truck I won't even own in a few weeks (or months??) I know it's fast for factory assembly, but it's a real cheap way to mount them.

My John Deere lawn tractor lights are mounted in place 5 times better than the stock Jeep tail lights.
No one is willing to quantify, give real numbers, just point to a thread with complaints as if it's all, or a great majority. Fact is, most Jeep owners aren't even hanging out in forums. Members of this forum don't even represent 5% of all Gladiator owners so how can the members who are complaining about these lights be a majority of people who have bought them................
As someone in that thread and that has the taillights, I'll say the concern isn't so much of the failures themselves but the fact that Oracle is saying you need to "fully tighten" the mount screws and then saying the only way these lights fail is if you "over-tighten" and that is 100% on you as the customer to somehow know what is or isn't "too tight". They refuse to help us out as end users, just blame us.

The lights aren't necessarily bad, but they're refusing to help us out at all in understanding how to properly install these and are then defaulting to blaming the users if they end up breaking. That's just bad business practices. I love these lights, but I have zero confidence that Oracle will actually stand behind them if something were to go wrong.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
As someone in that thread and that has the taillights, I'll say the concern isn't so much of the failures themselves but the fact that Oracle is saying you need to "fully tighten" the mount screws and then saying the only way these lights fail is if you "over-tighten" and that is 100% on you as the customer to somehow know what is or isn't "too tight". They refuse to help us out as end users, just blame us.

The lights aren't necessarily bad, but they're refusing to help us out at all in understanding how to properly install these and are then defaulting to blaming the users if they end up breaking. That's just bad business practices. I love these lights, but I have zero confidence that Oracle will actually stand behind them if something were to go wrong.
That makes much more sense.

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
I suspect some aren’t trying to ‘finesse’ the lights to sit flush when they tighten the hardware and are over-tightening to get them to sit flush.

Honestly if you need a torque spec for a taillight nut you shouldn’t even pick up a tool.

Sponsored

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager

As mentioned above I'm also in that thread. Oracle screwed up with their mounts. yes, jeeps' mounting may be strange but the tabs on the stock lights are over 2and a half times thicker than Oracles. They then show a video of their installation prosses using a damn power tool in the video to do it and then blame those to who this has happened to (and where it may not be everyone it is a fair amount ) on overtightening even with hand tools.

They then refuse to give a Torque spec on the lights so they don't even know what is over tightened and what isn't. I was going to buy a lot of lighting from them after their response to that thread i never will it was pathetic

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
These were first shipped out in the winter months. Plastic is brittle in cold temps. When I installed mine I was extra careful not to over tighten them because of this. I've made that mistake on mods in the past.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
To echo @ShadowsPapa, I think it's a small minority that are having any issues. I think I was second to sign up for the preorder and mine are still working great (after the initial discovery/fix of the reverse lights not working until resistors were added). That being said, I think it's definitely Oracle's stance on customer service that'll keep me from ever buying another of their products.

Issue 1: the green hue on their DRL headlights from other threads, and their absolute refusal to swap affected customer's lights for replacements even though there were members who posted pictures with their jeep next to another's with the oracles installed on both and one CLEARLY being green compared to the other.

Issue 2: Never admitting to any product issues and putting the blame on customers or saying "it works as designed". To add to this, requiring owners who had OEM LED tails and forcing them to get a programmer to get their "plug n play" tails to work without any prior notification during the order process is not acceptable.

Issue 3: when I got my JT tails and the reverse lights weren't working out of the gate, I emailed for a return label and refund after letting them know my reverse lights were not working and it was a safety hazard for me. They were going to charge me a restocking fee for the lights, even though they shipped to me defective (customers don't enjoy being beta testers, FYI). After emailing them back to ask them to waive that, no response.

I absolutely appreciate that JP from Oracle was on here helping us work though the initial issues, but their CS team needs to get their priorities (customers) straight.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
As mentioned above I'm also in that thread. Oracle screwed up with their mounts. yes, jeeps' mounting may be strange but the tabs on the stock lights are over 2and a half times thicker than Oracles. They then show a video of their installation prosses using a damn power tool in the video to do it and then blame those to who this has happened to (and where it may not be everyone it is a fair amount ) on overtightening even with hand tools.

They then refuse to give a Torque spec on the lights so they don't even know what is over tightened and what isn't. I was going to buy a lot of lighting from them after their response to that thread i never will it was pathetic
As a former tech myself, and as one who still does auto restorations, working with plastic tail lights, marker lights, even aluminum parts - I HATE YT videos that show power tools being used around plastic, or even aluminum parts. The viewer has no idea at all as to the strength of that tool, if it's turned up or down, whatever. It's irresponsible, IMO, to show things done with power drivers. And I'm not referring to them specifically, there are hundreds of videos where someone is showing one way to do something (their way, often there are other ways) and they show a power tool. And sometime it's the 2nd or 3rd time for them so they have it down pat exactly how far to pull that trigger or when to say whoa.
Plastics and similar items - keep the danged power drivers away, especially if it's a "how to". Assume the viewer works out and can use a 1 foot wrench to apply 200 ft/lbs to a bolt. Don't assume they know what they are doing- after-all, they are watching your video for advice! Give them GOOD advice - keep the power tools away from plastic parts, screws or bolts with LOCKTITE on them (like inside the JT doors, for example). Hand tools, and/or explain "do this with great care".
I really cringe when I watch some of those how to vids out there - you have to assume they are watching because they've not done it before and are looking for good, sound advice.

So they used a power driver when showing how to install lights made of plastic........

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
As a guy with no horse in this race, I have been looking into a set of tail lights.. And reading what I have so far, I am a little reserved on buying them. # 1 issue is Customer service complaints I have read.
# 2 They sure as hell are not cheap, so I don't expect cheaply made !
Here is the thing, when I spend that kind of money if I have a problem, I want customer service to at least pretend they care if I have a problem.
They are really good looking tail lights I must say.
Sponsored