First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
This is a call for any and all aftermarket light manufacturers to start producing flush mount tail lights for the JT. I don’t know why Jeep engineers continue to design tail lights which protrude from the sides of Wranglers, and now Gladiators. This makes no sense...

E1809BD7-DCA9-474D-982C-DC3C374682E8.jpeg
Sponsored

Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
Quadratic shows having JL flush tail lights.

I can't find it but I remember seeing something from a Jeep engineer about how they had to put the sensors there and they have to stick out. - probably the issue is a normal car doesn't have fenders coming off the wheel wells so Jeep had to protrude the sensor further outward.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
If you're going to go off-road and you're worried about something happening to them, take them off. It's not like anyone is going to be following you closely while you're rock-climbing to see your brake lights come on.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Quadratic shows having JL flush tail lights.

I can't find it but I remember seeing something from a Jeep engineer about how they had to put the sensors there and they have to stick out. - probably the issue is a normal car doesn't have fenders coming off the wheel wells so Jeep had to protrude the sensor further outward.
So they made this goofy design to account for a package that more than half of all Gladiators don't have. And to top it off the assist system is only the the LED fixture and not the Halogen one. Feel like they could have had a different design for the halogen one based on that.

Honestly the lights just don't look right, and make the JT stand out in an odd way

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
They don't bother me very much - and I'm sure there will be some decent aftermarket options.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
They don't bother me very much - and I'm sure there will be some decent aftermarket options.
Its just really the cost that gets me. I am sure some of these aftermarket options are going to have a heavy price to swallow.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
This is a call for any and all aftermarket light manufacturers to start producing flush mount tail lights for the JT. I don’t know why Jeep engineers continue to design tail lights which protrude from the sides of Wranglers, and now Gladiators. This makes no sense...

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights E1809BD7-DCA9-474D-982C-DC3C374682E8
If the taillight had not crunched to warn you of being too close it would have been your fender and tailgate warning you. DIY or body shop - you make the call.

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
If the taillight had not crunched to warn you of being too close it would have been your fender and tailgate warning you. DIY or body shop - you make the call.
No, if the tail light had not been there, I would have made it by completely unscathed. You see, I was traveling forward on the muddy sloped trail. I realize it’s really my fault for not locking back. I just don’t like how they protrude from the side. It was the same with the JK license plate bracket. Many of those were caught by trees, and they moved it on the JL...
Sponsored