Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
The ZF is buttery smooth and always in the right gear. My diesel has plenty of power and I can’t see myself trading for anything else in the near future.
Cool
Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I'm waiting on my local dealer to get in so I can see it in person. There's a good chance it will be replacing my JT Willys. Nothing wrong with it and no issues, just miss the comforts.
What comforts are you missing?? The JT has everything. Heated seats, heated sterering, heated mirrors, good headlights, good seating, great sound system.. Most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned anyway. Not to mention all the capabilities.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Broken frame, finished 1st in its class........................and 430ftlbs of torque

Chestnut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX, 2017 Forester XT, 2021 JTO
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'd JB weld the doors and hardtop so they'd never come off if it meant having a better engine.
LOL cause the engine is why trucks get bad mileage? It's not at all the large flat frontal area and the fenders, mirrors, and oversized tires that stick out? If you think the 3.6l lacks in power use your right foot to push the dang pedal to the floor, works every time.

Sponsored

ericnewcom

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR MT
Just curious Have you driven a good zf like the actual 8hp75 in the v8s and diesel Mopar? I think they're pretty solid. Much better than the 10spd Ford or the older Mopar trans.
Yes while they are better than the ford 10 speed they still have occasional erratic behavior, lazy shifts and all the various other things I don't like about shifting being automated. Honestly I'm not really a fan of all the electronics in today's vehicles anyway. My favorite vehicle to drive is still my 75 f250 "highboy" though it's not practical as a daily with 2 kids and a wife so it's currently peaked in a machine shed at the farm only being driven occasionally.

Don't get me wrong I know a lot of people love the current automatic offerings and good on them they just have never and will never be my thing. I was actually hoping the experimental manual EV jeep had would make it to market.

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
What comforts are you missing?? The JT has everything. Heated seats, heated sterering, heated mirrors, good headlights, good seating, great sound system.. Most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned anyway. Not to mention all the capabilities.
They're comparable in interior features, other than the Chevy having ventilated and power seats available - both features I wouldn't mind having. I know an IFS rig would drive a lot nicer on the roads I live and commute on, and I imagine the cab would be far quieter since the roof isn't made of fiberglass and held on with a handful of screws.

But I don't hate my Gladiator by any means. Nicest truck I have owned so far (granted my comparison is an '05 2WD Silverado, LOL) - and for a while I thought it was out of my reach anyway.

Also never afraid to explore options.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Looks like they are going after Gladiator Mohave/Rubicon. Many cue’s taken from both models. Competition is good as it shows a big market still viable for both manufacturers.
lol no. there is nothing 'cued' from the Gladiator. That's a baby Chevy through and through.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
You're wrong. There i said it
boring
you sound like my wife, also double boring
fair enough
fat
So why are you even here?
Those sweet insults must get a lot of laughs playing fortnite with 13 year olds...

I'm here because I actually provide useful information from time to time, and provide insight as to what it's like actually wheeling a gladiator on real rock trails. Sadly, as you've shown, there are times when making real criticism of Jeep's shortcomings is met with juvenile fanboyism.

Cheers

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/we-installed-4-88s-from-a-4-10-37”-tire-review-tips-and-notes-inside.59452/

Jeep Gladiator Frame bent: New Chevy Colorado ZR2 broken like a pencil ✏️ 1678892282615

Jeep Gladiator Frame bent: New Chevy Colorado ZR2 broken like a pencil ✏️ 1678892311841

Jeep Gladiator Frame bent: New Chevy Colorado ZR2 broken like a pencil ✏️ 1678891737649

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
LOL cause the engine is why trucks get bad mileage? It's not at all the large flat frontal area and the fenders, mirrors, and oversized tires that stick out? If you think the 3.6l lacks in power use your right foot to push the dang pedal to the floor, works every time.
The overall power isn't *horrendous*, but rather the bizarre powerband that makes peak power in high RPMs. For both towing and wheeling, it's a less than ideal powerband. This was fine in 2012 relative to the 3.8 it replaced, but in this decade it's underwhelming to it's competition.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I don't know what other vehicles you have experienced to compare with your JT. For me it is definitely not the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Not by a long shot. But the JT is not designed to be that. In fact, the handling most resembles the 1985 Silverado 4x4 I bought new back then.

As stated, they are capable in other ways with a few "niceties" added. My JT is fun and all with no issues, but I also miss the comfort, quiet and carefree driving characteristics of the other modern trucks that I have enjoyed.

My JT was not intended to be my forever truck from the start. The mid-sized truck segment really had no solid choices when I ordered mine in early '22. This is changing. Now starting to look ahead to the offerings headed down the pipeline by other manufacturers. Not quite ready to make a move for a year or so until this one is paid off.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I don't know what other vehicles you have experienced to compare with your JT. For me it is definitely not the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Not by a long shot. But the JT is not designed to be that. In fact, the handling most resembles the 1985 Silverado 4x4 I bought new back then.

As stated, they are capable in other ways with a few "niceties" added. My JT is fun and all with no issues, but I also miss the comfort, quiet and carefree driving characteristics of the other modern trucks that I have enjoyed.

My JT was not intended to be my forever truck from the start. The mid-sized truck segment really had no solid choices when I ordered mine in early '22. This is changing. Now starting to look ahead to the offerings headed down the pipeline by other manufacturers. Not quite ready to make a move for a year or so until this one is paid off.
gotcha. Its interesting your comparing it to a 1980’s truck. I am coming from a 1997 F350 which was terrible until I dropped 20K into the suspension, and the JT still rides way better I think. Its even more comfortable that my dads new Ranger or our gov work trucks which are 1500 series. But ride quality is so subjective and different for everyone. Internal bias is also a factor too where those maybe after a particular use might inherently overlook or not worry about other downfalls that could be a priority item of another person. What direction are you leaning to?

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
only small truck with adult sized rear seats
Back seat of the Ridgeline is better than ours

I have a 2022 f250 tremor and I detest the 10 speed auto in it.
Yeah, but that 10 speed is known crap. That's like saying you don't like flying if you've only ever been on Spirit.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Back seat of the Ridgeline is better than ours
I must admit i have never test driven a ridgeline, or even sat in one. I'm not one of those who thinks it's "not a truck" either. It's a truck just fine. Just not one I'd want.
Sponsored