Fridge in bed on slide

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Unfortunately not as I was in a time-crunch to get it done before a big road trip.

The biggest headache was planning/measuring. The tailgate has a slightly higher ridge than the bed so getting the height was the most important part. In order for it to fit it had to be high enough to clear the tailgate ridge and low enough as my TruckCoversUSA tonneau has a lip that hangs down below the sides of the bed about 1/2". I ended up shaving about 1/8" off the fridge feet just for an added bit of clearance.

I ordered heavy duty drawer slides from amazon similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/SDPAWA-40-Se...adania+drawer+slides+40&qid=1592311387&sr=8-6
-I found a set from a different supplier for a bit cheaper but they do not have stock anymore.

I ordered my raw aluminum pieces from:
https://www.midweststeelsupply.com/store/
-they are great because they have a large selection and everything was cut to my measurements and very precise.

I used thicker 2-1/2" x 2" x 1/4" structural angle for the support rails on the bed. I mounted the heavy duty drawer slides to those brackets.

I made a frame out of 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/8" structural angle for the frame of the drawer slides.

The base for the slide is 6061 Aluminum sheet 0.125" thick.

I Used machine screws from home depot to mount everything together after drilling holes where I needed and some 5/8" bolts/washers to mount it to the bed.

The fridge slide on the left was made in 2 sections, mainly so that I could have tie-down strength for the rubber straps to hold the fridge down and have more storage behind the fridge for a box of dry food goods.

The main thing is making it to the size you need. I ended up doing 2 slides side-by-side almost the complete length of the bed (with room for my water tank/pump and propane tank at the head of the bed).

Here are really the only pics I have; wish I had done a build thread as they turned out amazing and I'm sure others may want to do the same.

All-in I think was about $500 for the aluminum pieces pre-cut, 2 sets of heavy-duty drawer slides and all the machine screws/mounting bits etc...

If you have any questions feel free to send a DM...

IMG_7814.jpeg

IMG_7720.jpeg

IMG_7779.jpeg
Yes indeed, that is an awesome custom build. It appears to be more versatile and I'd have to say probably much cheaper than the commercial bed slides being sold. Thank you for posting these pictures and the links. Plenty enough to get me going. Very nice job!
Sponsored

Odubi

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
The ARB Classic II 60L fridge works with the Transit cover and the Snowmaster fridge slider (shallowest slider). You do have to open the first lip of the tonneau to allow it to slide out, but that's because that outer lip is thicker...overall fits great and been in use for a week now no issues...

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide 20200701_093332-01

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide 20200701_093332-01
Now to figure out how to make all this work and have a bed rack for a RTT

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Land Rover Defender, 1983 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Mercedes G Wagon
Now to figure out how to make all this work and have a bed rack for a RTT
I had to do a custom rack to work with the OEM cover and it's been working for the past 6 months...

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Bump it up...

Refreshing an older thread here but to the OP's original ask about the Rebel Off-Road fridge mount... it's WORTH it! I wish I would have bought this originally before drilling holes in my bed. I mounted my ARB 63qt on a pair of Accuride sliders that are attached to the Xplor fridge base plate. I had to go with this slightly custom setup due to height restrictions and wanting to use my Lite Rider soft cover. The dedicated ARB 63qt slide would sit too tall with Rebel Off Road fridge mount plate if I wanted to use the soft cover.

As it sits and slides right now, here's the how-to...
1) ARB 63qt fridge attached to the ARB Fridge Solid Mount Kit #10900039
2) Solid Mount Kit attached to 26" Accuride sliders
3) Accuride sliders attached to Xplor fridge mount plate
4) Removed the (2) round aluminum support bars from under the Lite Rider soft cover

The fridge sits just slightly lower than the soft cover but in order to slide it out you have to pop the lip of the cover to provide clearance. If you wanted to shave off roughly 1/4" - 1/2" of the rubber mounting feet of the base plate I bet you could get the fridge low enough to use the round support bars again... which I see no need for as the cover does not flap or show any signs of sagging. I personally like them removed as it also makes rolling and manipulating the cover between the vertical center cross braces of the rack much easier. I guess if you stacked objects on top of the soft cover often you'd want them?

I'm sure a majority of you all are not running this setup but it's still a glowing recommendation for the Rebel Off Road fridge mount as it's a no drill / (2) bolt removal option to maintain the functionality of your truck bed.

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide PXL_20201224_221353782

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide PXL_20201224_221255804

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide PXL_20201224_221307217

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide PXL_20201224_221320654

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide PXL_20201224_221341459

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide PXL_20201224_221711377

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide PXL_20201224_221753122

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide PXL_20201224_222029634

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide PXL_20201227_223011882

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZJTR

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Software Sales Engineer
@darkhorse13 Without a slide, would the Elements Fridge be below the bed rails? I'm trying to determine if the Elements will fit under my Rugged Ridge Tri-fold bed cover...

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
@darkhorse13 Without a slide, would the Elements Fridge be below the bed rails? I'm trying to determine if the Elements will fit under my Rugged Ridge Tri-fold bed cover...
It will.

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
SCG
Looks like a great opportunity for the fridge makers to design a long and low fridge specific for the midsize pickup bed market. Or even better a low profile 60/40 fridge freezer dual zone.

Peterabbits

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 toyota ext cab 4x4, 2004 toyota matrix XR
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
Bump it up...

Refreshing an older thread here but to the OP's original ask about the Rebel Off-Road fridge mount... it's WORTH it! I wish I would have bought this originally before drilling holes in my bed. I mounted my ARB 63qt on a pair of Accuride sliders that are attached to the Xplor fridge base plate. I had to go with this slightly custom setup due to height restrictions and wanting to use my Lite Rider soft cover. The dedicated ARB 63qt slide would sit too tall with Rebel Off Road fridge mount plate if I wanted to use the soft cover.

As it sits and slides right now, here's the how-to...
1) ARB 63qt fridge attached to the ARB Fridge Solid Mount Kit #10900039
2) Solid Mount Kit attached to Accuride sliders
3) Accuride sliders attached to Xplor fridge mount plate
4) Removed the (2) round aluminum support bars from under the Lite Rider soft cover

The fridge sits just slightly lower than the soft cover but in order to slide it out you have to pop the lip of the cover to provide clearance. If you wanted to shave off roughly 1/4" - 1/2" of the rubber mounting feet of the base plate I bet you could get the fridge low enough to use the round support bars again... which I see no need for as the cover does not flap or show any signs of sagging. I personally like them removed as it also makes rolling and manipulating the cover between the vertical center cross braces of the rack much easier. I guess if you stacked objects on top of the soft cover often you'd want them?

I'm sure a majority of you all are not running this setup but it's still a glowing recommendation for the Rebel Off Road fridge mount as it's a no drill / (2) bolt removal option to maintain the functionality of your truck bed.

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide 1609873579921

PXL_20201227_223011882.jpg
Is there room to mount the ARB twin compressor between the fridge and the bed side using that mount do you think?

Sponsored

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Is there room to mount the ARB twin compressor between the fridge and the bed side using that mount do you think?
I would think you can make that work. It might mean you have to mount the compressor horizontally. I don't want to give you a definitive answer though.

Peterabbits

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 toyota ext cab 4x4, 2004 toyota matrix XR
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
I would think you can make that work. It might mean you have to mount the compressor horizontally. I don't want to give you a definitive answer though.
Thanks! I've been on the fence about this mount because that is where I wanted to put the air. I guess I could put the air closer to the cab if necessary.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
The ARB Classic II 60L fridge works with the Transit cover and the Snowmaster fridge slider (shallowest slider). You do have to open the first lip of the tonneau to allow it to slide out, but that's because that outer lip is thicker...overall fits great and been in use for a week now no issues...

Dig the discovery in the background

Hunter1212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Pilot
I had Domectic CFX3 35, it will fit under most covers. I used it for 1 year loved it. But I never had a cover. I sold it and bought a CFX3 55IM. That won’t fit under any cover. But I never used one anyways, and went with more storage and Icemaker. My long term plan is a Smart Cap so it will fit under that in time.

also. I used NutSerts or thread rivet , etc to install slide to bed. It’s best choice for me. i don’t need get under jeep to bolt it. It’s all on the top side, I can take a power drill and unbolt my slide in and out when needed quick.

AlaskaHoosier

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
so, i found a fridge that may work. it's called the "blizzard box" from COSTCO. runs about $660 without a sale going on. I have read many reviews on different forums and they say it's about 16" tall. I'm going to take a look at it and let you guys know. Everyone is raving about it. check out some of the youtube reviews as well.
Sponsored