WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
@DAVECS1 do you know of an alternative. I’ve been considering their tune. I have a 2020 and live in Denver. I’m assuming by your comments they don’t take elevation into proper consideration and therefore over fuel? Thanks.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
@DAVECS1 do you know of an alternative. I’ve been considering their tune. I have a 2020 and live in Denver. I’m assuming by your comments they don’t take elevation into proper consideration and therefore over fuel? Thanks.
That is what I have seen. On two vehicles.

2021 has changes a fair bit of tables related to throttle control, and I don think any tuning platform has the new definitions figures out.

OP
OP
81Mojave

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
Just received an email they have received my ECU today. I have been informed they will have it unlocked and sent out overnight same day!!
If I could have got it there faster I’d have it back already. ( I should have driven it from Philly 😎)

Outstanding customer service!

Dave A. has answered all my questions quickly. He even keep me up to date when he is not in the office. It’s obvious he has a deep understanding of the product, that’s a pet peeve of mine.

Deleted member 30519

I’ve deicided to get a Livernois tuner to run a 91 octane tune on my Mojave with a manual transmission.
honestly I’m just not satisfied with the way the 3.6 pushes the Gladiator around. I feel a dip in the power in the middle of the RPMS and sometimes the stock tune seems off when tipping into or closing the throttle.
I don’t have a Dragy (outside Philly BTW), if anyone is interested let me know if you have any suggestions or requests for before/ after comparison ideas.
I plan to send my ECU out sometime next week so unfortunately I can’t do a back to back same day type of comparison.
I know the pedal commander just modifies the sensitivity of the throttle but it made all the difference on my 2020 3.6 Gladiator with manual transmission. It's really fun to drive now. Does anyone have a pedal commander/idrive and a tuner?

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
Just received an email they have received my ECU today. I have been informed they will have it unlocked and sent out overnight same day!!
If I could have got it there faster I’d have it back already. ( I should have driven it from Philly 😎)

Outstanding customer service!

Dave A. has answered all my questions quickly. He even keep me up to date when he is not in the office. It’s obvious he has a deep understanding of the product, that’s a pet peeve of mine.
Their cust service has always been good for me as well (and they've not given me any sass when I'm the one who effed up and had errors lol).

Looking forward to your review of it. Remember to get your fuel levels low before the full fill-up! (I wont fib - I did mine to like 1/4 tank and filled with 93 (Costco Gas FTW) - but only ran the 91 tune. Figured it was gonna be pretty close. Loved it ever since).

Sponsored

Sparty97

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Consultant
Sorry to sidetrack the conversation, but I'm still trying to understand the best way to leverage Dave's maps. I'm assuming I need to use something like HP Tuner.

1. Buy an unlocked PCM (not sure of the best spot, but I see a few) that is written with my VIN, etc.
2. Buy HP Tuner compliant MPVI2 and Smart Access Cable
3. Download/configure VCM Suite
4. Backup current setup
5. Grab Dave's latest file

Am I in the ballpark as far as process and purchases?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not only are you in the ballpark but you crossed home plate. That is exactly what needs done. Are you supercharged? If not I have not posted any NA maps so I would need to supply those

Sparty97

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Consultant
Not only are you in the ballpark but you crossed home plate. That is exactly what needs done. Are you supercharged? If not I have not posted any NA maps so I would need to supply those

Sweeet!
No, I am not supercharged. That's in the budget for 1-2 years from now. :)
Lockers and 4.88 gears are going first (in a couple of weeks).
It'll probably be a month or two before I'm ready. I'll reach back out to you then.

THANKS!!

OP
OP
81Mojave

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
Received my package from Livernois, yesterday morning. Requested my tunes yesterday afternoon.
Just waiting on the tunes.
I’m sure there is a reason, but I do wish that at least one tune came pre loaded on the tuner or ECU.
Still looking forward to getting the 91 octane tune.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If I had the money and time, my truck would be sitting with the Harry Potter of horse power, the prince of pentastar, the sorcerer of shift patterns.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I had the money and time, my truck would be sitting with the Harry Potter of horse power, the prince of pentastar, the sorcerer of shift patterns.
Ha! Thats like a shirt or something. Was never my intent to jump in on these engines, I just could not let my ride suffer any longer. As close as we are SP, we should meet up and have trade some Gladiator stories over some cold suds.

OP
OP
81Mojave

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
Received tunes today and loaded them up.
I plan to post a more detailed review later after a few miles but here’s what I noticed tonight on my first 5 miles with the 91 tune.
Right off idle it’s less burdened with clutch engagement, not like I’m pulling a trailer from a stop on a hill.
Power from 2k up is more linear and stronger, I don’t notice the ramp up from 3,5k to 5k. I definitely don’t miss having the power only showing up at the high end of the tachometer.
Best part you don’t get punished for cruising at 2k when you tip into the throttle.
No noticeable nock, or codes thrown.

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
Received tunes today and loaded them up.
I plan to post a more detailed review later after a few miles but here’s what I noticed tonight on my first 5 miles with the 91 tune.
Right off idle it’s less burdened with clutch engagement, not like I’m pulling a trailer from a stop on a hill.
Power from 2k up is more linear and stronger, I don’t notice the ramp up from 3,5k to 5k. I definitely don’t miss having the power only showing up at the high end of the tachometer.
Best part you don’t get punished for cruising at 2k when you tip into the throttle.
No noticeable nock, or codes thrown.
Awesome. I too have a manual and really am unimpressed with the power dips. I generally just drive in 4th as the engine has power, but does penalize you for even thinking about middling around in 5th or 6th.

I’m considering getting this tune sooner than later if it just makes it more engaging and responsive. If it does that, I think pairing it up woth some 5.13s and 35” would make for a still lively combination vs going whole hog with a supercharger.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the tune as you get some miles on it.

Micky

First Name
Micky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlur
I have 4.88s in my manual Mojave on Ridge Grappler 37x11.15. I wouldn’t consider 4.88 again. 5.13 minimum maybe 5.38s even. 4.88s should work fine with a light set of 35s.