Sponsored

Gladiator Diesel Bottoming Out Poll - Let’s get some numbers here.

If your Gladiator bottoms out on pothole/bumps, what model do you have?

• Total voters

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
I made a thread on this already but I came out to my sport s eco today and saw this.

PXL_20220226_185326993.jpg
Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Mine bottomed out on dips. I fixed that problem with a MOPAR lift and a 3/4 inch front spacer.
Exactly!!! If there’s a minimal gutter transition going into a business or parking lot and the weight of the front end starts a downward motion …the rebounding axle goes BOOM!!! I’ve had this happen @ 8-10mph. It’s even worse if you’re disconnected and going over minimal…I mean 2-3” little dirt clumps or mounds.

Suszynch

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt rubicon diesel
Occupation
Chef
I made a thread on this already but I came out to my sport s eco today and saw this.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Diesel Bottoming Out Poll - Let’s get some numbers here. PXL_20220226_185326993
When my dealer asks how hard it hits and I tell him it feels like it's gonna knock my fillings out. They never seem to understand. Next time I'll just show them this picture. lol

Not to laugh, because I'm right there with you. But being marketed as a the suspension being tuned to handle the additional weight. I'm kind of surprised Mojave owners suspensions don't impload on road road tracks since jeep also put so much effort into the shock system on those models.

Jag

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon
Occupation
retired
Went to my dealer today (Astorg Jeep in Parkersburg, WV) and he was able to replicate the bottoming issue. Says there is a fix coming first quarter of 2022 (this month) and he will call me when they get it. I am not holding my breath but there it is.

james2021dieselglad

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel
Went to my dealer today (Astorg Jeep in Parkersburg, WV) and he was able to replicate the bottoming issue. Says there is a fix coming first quarter of 2022 (this month) and he will call me when they get it. I am not holding my breath but there it is.
I have to take a tech out with me and drive him to a spot i know it will happen. I have to be going 10 MPH or more for it to happen though. I hope it will be approved.

Sponsored

Orijen8R

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2019 G63
It seems there is NOT a fix coming from Jeep at the end of March (as they had previously communicated) - does anyone have any updates? Complete lack of support is NOT acceptable --a Jeep, bottoming out on pot holes? And no fix? What are they thinking? This was my first Jeep and it will be my last .

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
21 JTRD, bottomed out before and after 2" AEV spacer lift. Takes a decent bump, but it does it. Thinking I need a trophy truck suspension for the cow paths they call roads around here.

OrangeCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 2021 JTRD
Based on a new post over in the other bottoming out thread, it was mentioned that they are waiting for legal to approve the communication or the fix or something... that seems not good to me, then again maybe they are going to make everyone sign a settlement agreement and cut us a check.

james2021dieselglad

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just took my tech out
I bottomed it out and he said it indeed is an issue.

Emailing jeep customer care as we speak. The tech said when we got back to the dealership and I quote

"Nothing much we can do besides cutting the bump stops and/or lifting it"

So here we go. It's confirmed on my Sport S diesel gladiator.

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
TSB was posted today. New front and rear shocks and new front jounce bumpers. TSB 02-003-22

Sponsored

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
TSB was posted today. New front and rear shocks and new front jounce bumpers. TSB 02-003-22
I’m at Jeep this morning getting my second oil change and pushing them on this fix. Will report back the result…

james2021dieselglad

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So apparently my dealership said that after diagnosing the issue told jeep cares I was going faster so bottoming out is a NORMAL operation. Umm no

My 2020 wrangler unlimited with the 2.0 engine never bottomed out no matter the speed.

My friends gas engine gladiator doesn't bottom out either.

So I called my dealership and chewed them out. I also told them about the above TSB fix. They are going to look into it tomorrow after I gave them the TSB number.

My dad wants to say screw it and put on an aftermarket 3.5 inch evo lift or metal cloak and be done with it.

Ugh, fucking Chrysler. Sorry but I'm pissed. This should not be happening. This bottoming out issue is NOT Normal.

My dad said Chrysler just doesn't want to admit their screw up and do a proper fix. The tech even said a lift would fix it immediately. This was before the TSB was known.

Wtf is Chryslers problem? Do they just NOT want to fix it??? I'm so insulted and think this may never get resolved.

@JeepCares

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m at Jeep this morning getting my second oil change and pushing them on this fix. Will report back the result…
I posted this over in the fix thread:

My dealer has ordered the parts and will let me know when they are in. They said I do not have to pay anything, but the service writer was complaining that Jeep is only giving them 1.2 hours of labor credit for the work…

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I posted this over in the fix thread:

My dealer has ordered the parts and will let me know when they are in. They said I do not have to pay anything, but the service writer was complaining that Jeep is only giving them 1.2 hours of labor credit for the work…

Keep us posted if you receive your parts and when. My dealer said the part numbers are in the system, but there is zero inventory on every item for the fix in the system. He said it could be 3-4 months before the parts are available.

Hopefully my dealer is wrong

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep us posted if you receive your parts and when. My dealer said the part numbers are in the system, but there is zero inventory on every item for the fix in the system. He said it could be 3-4 months before the parts are available.

Hopefully my dealer is wrong
YIKES! Cross your fingers...
Sponsored