2019 JLUR

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
Thanks for the info. I currently have 40s on my JLUR. Trying to decide if I want to do 38s or 40s on the Gladiator.
How are the 40's on it? are you on the original 4.10s? Dana 44s? looking for as much info as i can on what i'm going to need to do ahead of time. I know these new Dana 44's in the gladiator are like 10mm thicker and heavier duty, or at least thats what they are claiming.

OP
OP

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
35x12.50x20 , Mopar 2 inch lift .

Fuel wheels with -18 offset

You can own this beauty for a low low price of $72,000 . It’s literally a mile from me

D5EE3062-4929-4A8F-9C21-659A87BD7B40.jpeg

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU

You can own this beauty for a low low price of $72,000 . It’s literally a mile from me

Wait isn't this in Tulsa, this is down the road from me as well. I stopped in and looked and sure it's cool but come on 72K?! I called and asked if they could take the lift wheels and tires off of it to sell it and they said no.

41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra

That's just stupid.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Rough Country now has a 3.5" kit.

This is almost exactly what I am looking for as I want to maintain as much of the stock suspension as possible. I am hoping that they will offer a version with shock extensions as well. I would like to maintain the Fox shocks. I would also add geometry brackets to the kit.

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-s...0.html?find=2020-jeep-gladiator-jt-4wd-286927
What concerns me about that kit is that it doesn't come with longer control arms and doesn't have any method of correcting the caster angle.

I'm using the exact same kit in the 2.5" variety on my JLU right now and it's the max I would go. I do get funny noises, popping, creaking, etc. from under the Jeep after being on this kit for a year now.

Briguy155

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator overlander
Vehicle Showcase
@Fabtech Motorsports has had my Gladiator for 2 weeks and just finished the development for a 3" lift with links. If anyone is interested I may get a discount code for advance orders. It's built around the JL lift they Made for my Jeep last year and with the Dirt Logic Resivour shocks it will not disappoint. I should have it back this coming week to finish installing new wheels from @GRID off-road and tires from @ToyoTires and Bumper and Tube doors from FabFours. It will showcase in their booth at the 4WP jeep and truck fest show in Ontario, CA Convention Center.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
What concerns me about that kit is that it doesn't come with longer control arms and doesn't have any method of correcting the caster angle.

I'm using the exact same kit in the 2.5" variety on my JLU right now and it's the max I would go. I do get funny noises, popping, creaking, etc. from under the Jeep after being on this kit for a year now.
I would add geo brackets.

Did you install in this order top to bottom:

Coil spring spacer
Factory isolator
Coil spring

Often shops install incorrectly: isolator, spacer, coil spring. This will result in a popping and cracking noise.

Another cause can be bushings that are over/under/incorrectly torqued. Best to loosen everything up on the ground, jump on the bumpers a bit, and torque. Also make certain spring are seated properly.

OP
OP

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr

Not saying bad things about a brand at all especially here but I’m not a fan of rough country . I think they build a great lift for Jeep products for the money . I personally have had a few experiences with there lifts and while they are affordable I don’t believe the geometry is the greatest . This is my opinion only .

Sponsored

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
I would give the Rough Country a try(adding geometry brackets) but don't want to be nose high. Would a rear spacer be necessary ? Who makes one ? I have heard the Ram 1500 ones will work.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Rough Country now has a 3.5" kit.

This is almost exactly what I am looking for as I want to maintain as much of the stock suspension as possible. I am hoping that they will offer a version with shock extensions as well. I would like to maintain the Fox shocks. I would also add geometry brackets to the kit.

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-s...0.html?find=2020-jeep-gladiator-jt-4wd-286927
I put the $750 RC 3.5 lift on my JK 4 months ago and have been happy with it. Great stance and better ride than the OEM. Added the traction control stabilization bar up front for about $76 as well.

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
Looking for an update to collect the different kits available to date. I have seen the EVO kits, but I am looking for a good kit between the 2" and the 4.5" kits. 3 or 3.5" would be perfect, and I don't want to go with the RC budget kit. I had Teraflex before and loved it. Fabtech on my Chevy was the best kit I ever had. Lifted it 6" and didn't change the ride at all. Then again, that was a Chevy...

Anybody have or know of any kits other then the EVO, RC or Mopar lifts?

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Looking for an update to collect the different kits available to date. I have seen the EVO kits, but I am looking for a good kit between the 2" and the 4.5" kits. 3 or 3.5" would be perfect, and I don't want to go with the RC budget kit. I had Teraflex before and loved it. Fabtech on my Chevy was the best kit I ever had. Lifted it 6" and didn't change the ride at all. Then again, that was a Chevy...

I received a reply back from Teraflex last week that they expect to have some JT specific products available within the next 30 days.

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR

Agreed, after seeing everything available at the moment 3 or 3.5 seems like the optimal lift. Also hoping teraflex hurrys up.
Sponsored