Sponsored

Gladiator Max Tow not available with Adaptive Cruise?

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
There are many "luxury and convenience" options that Jeep doesn't let you order with some of the lower level trims. For example, you can only get leather on an Overland, Rubicon, or Mojave.
Leather used to be available on the Sport S.
Sponsored

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thanks but I guess that's the part that doesn't make much sense. These are "road" features and makes sense for the purpose. I guess what I am asking here is "not trust one dealer", who is another dealer here that can help explain this and why I can find this on some models. Also, does anyone else actually have these two features (besides Rocky Ridge custom trim)?
My 2021 has both Window Sticker

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory leather or Katzkins?

I ask because there is still a pretty big difference between factory leather and factory Katzkins.
1) leather trim on other parts of the interior.
2) center arm rest on the rear seat.

OP
OP

tateconcepts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forrester Sport
Thank you sir. I rest my case. I provided this to the dealer this morning, they haven't been able to get back with me so I guess I'm going to contact another. I did watch some other videos and indeed, I'll need the Max Tow on Sport/Sport S as the payloads in the other trims only leave 500lbs or so for a trailer...

Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
It might be because…. the power of Max Tow can’t be handled by those silly Nannies. Max Tow is for men who know stuff and tow it too.
Cheers to Jefe1018! I can totally embrace and endorse your thoughts and feelings on this. Definitely a 1st world problem. Cowboy up and take control of your JT. If you want a Truck that does everything for you, Tesla will have one in a few months, trade your JT in and get that, then you can enjoy a latte and a show while your truck takes you to where ever it is you are headed. I've found that the newer "smart cruise" control (not adaptive), on the JT works great and much better than the old "throttle lock" vacuum cruise controls of past technologies, as it still regulates speed while descending hills. Not saying the OP would use that high tech adaptive cruise while towing, and in traffic, because that just seems like a bad idea, (based on past threads about the quirky-ness of this feature) all the way around and destined for a catastrophic failure or accident. Don't get me wrong, its a cool feature I use on our Lexus, and it is great, but I wouldn't think of using it for a tow or trail vehicle. And its just one more unnecessary, high tech, temperamental electronic part to fail or go awry at the most inopportune time. I embrace "KISS" for Jeeping. JMO.

OP
OP

tateconcepts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forrester Sport
Cheers to Jefe1018! I can totally embrace and endorse your thoughts and feelings on this. Definitely a 1st world problem. Cowboy up and take control of your JT. If you want a Truck that does everything for you, Tesla will have one in a few months, trade your JT in and get that, then you can enjoy a latte and a show while your truck takes you to where ever it is you are headed. I've found that the newer "smart cruise" control (not adaptive), on the JT works great and much better than the old "throttle lock" vacuum cruise controls of past technologies, as it still regulates speed while descending hills. Not saying the OP would use that high tech adaptive cruise while towing, and in traffic, because that just seems like a bad idea, (based on past threads about the quirky-ness of this feature) all the way around and destined for a catastrophic failure or accident. Don't get me wrong, its a cool feature I use on our Lexus, and it is great, but I wouldn't think of using it for a tow or trail vehicle. And its just one more unnecessary, high tech, temperamental electronic part to fail or go awry at the most inopportune time. I embrace "KISS" for Jeeping. JMO.
I'm not planning on using them at the same time, even if so and I want that feature who cares? This thread is not about who wants the feature, just can one get them together.

OP
OP

tateconcepts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forrester Sport
Good Lord you literally checked every option box, didn't you?
Looks close, maybe the trail rail system and smokers group wasn't opted for. I did the same, made more sense to get everything the High Altitude package offers minus the wheels and things one can't really leverage like Max Tow.... (man its going to be loud going up Raton Pass)... but once its there, its there until my projects are complete and the house is built. After watching the TFL truck videos on the 2020 Gladiator doing the Super Ike and a few others, I wonder if the diesel really made that much difference being one gets a smaller tank. Is the diesel transmission any better than the 850RE?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Believe you can only get it at a total package with the blind spot, rear warning, etc. It was only offered that way back in 2020 when I bought mine. Maybe its changed

Sponsored

OP
OP

tateconcepts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forrester Sport
Believe you can only get it at a total package with the blind spot, rear warning, etc. It was only offered that way back in 2020 when I bought mine. Maybe its changed
Looks like I was able to get all of it ordered today, minus the Smokers group and trail rails. Should be able to pull 5500-6000 now with no concerns other than redlining the motor at any larger grades. Anyone know if the 12v socket brake controller now comes with the Max Tow in this configuration or if I should plan on working that in the deal?

FYI the Katzkin OEM leather seat covers are only $50 USD less than the factory options for actual leather seats... I forget whom was asking me this but there you go.

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Looks close, maybe the trail rail system and smokers group wasn't opted for. I did the same, made more sense to get everything the High Altitude package offers minus the wheels and things one can't really leverage like Max Tow.... (man its going to be loud going up Raton Pass)... but once its there, its there until my projects are complete and the house is built.
That's just about right. I designed that truck as a tow vehicle for my 23ft Airstream travel trailer that allows me to explore when I get to the destination. I got most safety options since we'll be doing long distance travel with it and when we are not traveling my daughter will most likely be driving it. The tail rails didn't make much sense when you already have the 400W inverter. The headliner would make sense to cut down on wind noise but I decided to go aftermarket with @Hothead Headliners instead with their Sound Assassin strips. I also decided to go with RokBlokz mudflaps to protect the Airstream.
After watching the TFL truck videos on the 2020 Gladiator doing the Super Ike and a few others, I wonder if the diesel really made that much difference being one gets a smaller tank. Is the diesel transmission any better than the 850RE?
The 17g diesel tank is very strange. At least with the 3.6 gas engine you can get an extended range tank from Long Range America.

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
There are many "luxury and convenience" options that Jeep doesn't let you order with some of the lower level trims. For example, you can only get leather on an Overland, Rubicon, or Mojave.

I suspect they do this in order to get you into the higher level trims. If you cold order a-la-carte it would be great. Start with a Sport-S and only add what you want.

For the off roaders on a budget, you could get a base Sport with front and rear lockers and larger wheels/tires.

Or for the luxury mall crawler on a budget, you could get leather, a big screen and all the toys with base wheels and tires (since you will be putting on 22s as soon as you get it) .

In my case, I didn't really need a rear locker (I would have preferred a limited slip) but wanted everything else on a Mojave so I only got stuck with one "unwanted" feature.
Leather is available in Sport S, as well as Texas Trail and California Editions, which are essentially Sports too...