Sponsored

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
Been lurking for a year since I got my JT. Finally made an account to post this.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rubicon 4xe Hybrid Teased! facebook_1623348187458_6808815796048471286

Jeep made this their Facebook cover photo earlier today, and I think they're teasing the Gladiator 4xe with it. Look at the dash: the gauges, blue stitching, and passenger dash grab handle all confirm it's a 4xe. But here's the kicker: look at the driver-side door mirror. That roll bar is a Gladiator, not a Wrangler.

While I won't go as far as to say this is Jeep debuting it, it certainly seems to me like they're teasing it.
Sponsored

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Been lurking for a year since I got my JT. Finally made an account to post this.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rubicon 4xe Hybrid Teased! facebook_1623348187458_6808815796048471286

Jeep made this their Facebook cover photo earlier today, and I think they're teasing the Gladiator 4xe with it. Look at the dash: the gauges, blue stitching, and passenger dash grab handle all confirm it's a 4xe. But here's the kicker: look at the driver-side door mirror. That roll bar is a Gladiator, not a Wrangler.

While I won't go as far as to say this is Jeep debuting it, it certainly seems to me like they're teasing it.
Good catch, man! That was definitely intentional on their part... and you caught it!

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I'm confused--how can you tell it's a Gladiator and not a Wrangler? The roll bar in the driver's mirror?

I see what you're saying--but, it could also be a 2-door JL. Or, could just be a poorly edited image.

Sponsored

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
I'm confused--how can you tell it's a Gladiator and not a Wrangler? The roll bar in the driver's mirror?

I see what you're saying--but, it could also be a 2-door JL.
JLs have a rollbar at 45degres to the rear. The glads are 90deg to the rear wall.

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
in that case... I present, the Seatbelt Mount!

Notice that its Forward facing on the 2dr, and inboard facing on the JT

Along with the 4-dr window switches 4xe Glad!

Also, the Battery pack goes under the seat, so likely not gonna see a 2-dr 4xe.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rubicon 4xe Hybrid Teased! Screenshot 2021-06-10 141247

OP
OP
ShrimpHappens

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
2-doors are 90 degrees.
Crap, I didn't think about the 2-door at all, and you're exactly right about the roll bar angle.

However, based on what was just posted about window switches and seatbelt mounting position, I'm still inclined to think it's a Gladiator.

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I won’t be buying any electrics or hybrids until I have no choice, BUT, I am glad they are doing things like this. It means a bright future:)

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rubicon 4xe Hybrid Teased! Screenshot 2021-06-10 141247

I hope so

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I won’t be buying any electrics or hybrids until I have no choice, BUT, I am glad they are doing things like this. It means a bright future:)
I'll buy a hybrid if they give me one with a manual transmission, like Honda used to with the CR-Z and Insight. Of course, they won't, so no hybrid for me.
Full electrics only have one ratio, so manual/auto wouldn't matter there. I'm gonna be buying sticks until I have to buy full electric. I have nothing against full electric vehicles though, so when they price me a full electric Gladiator with the range I need, I'll be ok with it. I'm just not buying an ICE vehicle with an automatic.

I wonder what the hybrid is going to do to the payload though? Those batteries are heavy. It probably won't hurt towing capacity, and might even help it, but it's gotta have an effect on payload. They'll have to do some re-engineering, that's for sure.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'll buy a hybrid if they give me one with a manual transmission, like Honda used to with the CR-Z and Insight. Of course, they won't, so no hybrid for me.
Full electrics only have one ratio, so manual/auto wouldn't matter there. I'm gonna be buying sticks until I have to buy full electric. I have nothing against full electric vehicles though, so when they price me a full electric Gladiator with the range I need, I'll be ok with it. I'm just not buying an ICE vehicle with an automatic.

I wonder what the hybrid is going to do to the payload though? Those batteries are heavy. It probably won't hurt towing capacity, and might even help it, but it's gotta have an effect on payload. They'll have to do some re-engineering, that's for sure.
If it’s noticeably heavier, it will have to have special springs when you lift it as well. I guess the diesel springs might work?
Sponsored