Sponsored

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
Not sure where in Georgia you are but i have some rubicon take offs and teraflex leveling kit if you are interested. A rubi with fender chop can squeeze 37s in but it's tight. You would be better off with 35s if you don't want to deal with gears.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it can be done with the added fender clearance. I ran, and offroaded it, my JTR for a year like that...bone stock with 37s. Some slight vertical rubbing under the fender, no damage. Just touching the plastic. No turning rub.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
Yes it can be done with the added fender clearance. I ran, and offroaded it, my JTR for a year like that...bone stock with 37s. Some slight vertical rubbing under the fender, no damage. Just touching the plastic. No turning rub.
Thanks for that. I just wanted to see if it was possible. I like the low center of gravity. I’ll keep saving.

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
All the ways....35s and 3.73 were no fun. Crappy acceleration, lack of power, forget towing, Not seeing 8th gear...wheeling was not too great. .
OP intends to regear.

My question to OP is what is intended use?

I ran 35s on a set of Rubicon take offs and wheeled hard. Some rubbing. I added a Terraflex 1.5 up front and got rid of most of my rubbing when flexing. Added 2.5 Clayton Overland plus...Now I am looking at 37s with Rubicon fenders and some mods like beefier ball joints etc...

In what way?

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
No hate, my friend. Just a common thread on here. Two camps. Guys that regear and those that say it is fine.

When you increase tire size, rotational mass increases exponentially. My 35x11.5s with Black Rhino Rims are heavy as hell
38 pounds for rim....tire 72 pounds....
37x12.5 tire weighs 85 pounds
40x13.5 104 pounds

Sources:

https://tiresize.com/tires/Nitto/Trail-Grappler-MT.htm

https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/off-road-wheels-rims-armory.php

A few good charts on recommended regearing are out there.

I figured that's what you meant. And sorry, I meant why would one hate it with that setup, not that you were hating!

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
All the ways....35s and 3.73 were no fun. Crappy acceleration, lack of power, forget towing, Not seeing 8th gear...wheeling was not too great. .
OP intends to regear.

My question to OP is what is intended use?

I ran 35s on a set of Rubicon take offs and wheeled hard. Some rubbing. I added a Terraflex 1.5 up front and got rid of most of my rubbing when flexing. Added 2.5 Clayton Overland plus...Now I am looking at 37s with Rubicon fenders and some mods like beefier ball joints etc...

Yeah I hear ya. I suppose if one isn't towing and doesn't give a darn about gas mileage that is that. I know the thread is about running with no lift but once you have a lift on there with some higher clearance flares and proper spacing, doesn't seem like too much of an issue for mainly light off-road and mostly on road use. What re-gear would you recommend?
Sponsored