First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I’ll be in AZ around Oct-Jan. Sedona and Crown King buddy!
Those are lovely trails.
This was the morning of Day 1
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members 00_Day1_1

And by lunch time, Schnebly Hill in Sedona:
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members 00_Day1_2

Crown King is my favorite lazy day day trail. All but one of the optional routes is doable in the Gladiator; but that one is a doozy. I've only been successful on it 2 of 4 times in my Wrangler and won't attempt it with the Gladiator's long wheel base. Looks something like this:
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members jeepwave.JPG

Right where this shot was taken from is a bad belly scraper that is very prone to high centering.

EDIT: Make sure you start Crown King in the morning. It is a two-way trail but if you go up in the morning, you won't catch as much down hill traffic in tight spots. Basically, everyone one runs up in the morning, lunch and drinks at the CK Saloon, then back down the hill. I always take the main road back down the hill VS the trail because of the uphill traffic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Those are lovely trails.
This was the morning of Day 1
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members jeepwave.JPG

And by lunch time, Schnebly Hill in Sedona:

Crown King is my favorite lazy day day trail. All but one of the optional routes is doable in the Gladiator; but that one is a doozy. I've only been successful on it 2 of 4 times in my Wrangler and won't attempt it with the Gladiator's long wheel base. Looks something like this:

Right where this shot was taken from is a bad belly scraper that is very prone to high centering.
I know that one! The burger and the beer at the top will motivate you through that one.

dawghauler

First Name
pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt sport s max tow
Occupation
hvac
Typical sunrise from my driveway...

Looks like jones valley or owns cross roads. Live in hsv in the 70’s on monte sano graduated from hsv high my mom’s family has been in that town since before the depression. My brother still lives there

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Looks like jones valley or owns cross roads. Live in hsv in the 70’s on monte sano graduated from hsv high my mom’s family has been in that town since before the depression. My brother still lives there
Both those areas are really getting overbuilt up. We are closer to Gurley.

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
I did...

Actually, one of my retirement goals was to have all vehicles paid off and the build outs predominantly done. Now I can tinker and travel!

...and hijack threads.
That is what I am working on right now. I will be retiring from teaching at the end of next school year and starting my travels because i will be at 100% disability from the VA.

I do not see a problem with this idea either. I live in a little town just north of Hill AFB and have a four bedroom house and a garage where i can repair almost anything. Just give me a few days notice.

The problem with this idea is that it gave me another reason to spend money as in the Tread® - Overland Edition 8” All-Terrain Navigator which i am going to have to buy

Sponsored

OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of rest areas only let you park for 2-4 hours, to keep people from taking up long term stopovers.
Exactly. I’ve been booted many times. 2 hour rest after a 10 hour drive is just not enough when you need some time to wind down.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
A lot of rest areas only let you park for 2-4 hours, to keep people from taking up long term stopovers.
Come to Michigan, we let people stay overnight.

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Max Tow. '20 H2SXSE+. RV-4 Airplane
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
Years ago in my late 20's, I drove non-stop from Conroe, TX via I-10 to Bakersfield, CA in 19 hours flat. Left about 1:00pm and showed up at my Mom's house for breakfast the next morning. She wanted to grab that gravy spoon and beat me to death :LOL: Had a hopped up '94 Z28 6 speed that just loved to have the cruise control set well into the triple digits. Lmao

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'd have a spot someone could park but no on amenities or lack of riff raff :( but I know of a very small N.F. camping area close. I about need to throw trash out all over to blend in with locals. 😳

I like that...

Just a guy and his....3 Jeeps...LOL
Don't worry some of us resemble that. 2 XJ's, MJ, LJ and JT with me and my
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members 20230125_124147
4wheelers. ;) my MJ is behind the building I'm working on. Dang I need to get healed up so I can finish my project's, get out riding 4wheelers, ect.ect.

Solar Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave,
Occupation
Solar inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Come out to Colorado and Utah. There’s so many places to overnight for free, I’m trying to discover them all in my travels. BLM (the origina) maintains millions o acres out west, in addition to the national forests. When I’m on the road for two weeks, and looking for something to explore over the weekend, I can just drive into the wilderness and there’s so many places to camp. No way on the Walmart or rest area. I can setup my tentcot in minutes, camping kitchen in a few more, and enjoy the scenery. In my gladiator or my work truck, unlimited opportunities

2E4EF947-C697-46BC-949A-D854B526BC57.jpeg

E2AEBD9E-6933-4E5D-8E7F-4C786F79C022.jpeg

OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Come out to Colorado and Utah. There’s so many places to overnight for free, I’m trying to discover them all in my travels. BLM (the origina) maintains millions o acres out west, in addition to the national forests. When I’m on the road for two weeks, and looking for something to explore over the weekend, I can just drive into the wilderness and there’s so many places to camp. No way on the Walmart or rest area. I can setup my tentcot in minutes, camping kitchen in a few more, and enjoy the scenery. In my gladiator or my work truck, unlimited opportunities

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members E2AEBD9E-6933-4E5D-8E7F-4C786F79C022

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members E2AEBD9E-6933-4E5D-8E7F-4C786F79C022
Sweet!

keithcroshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
I get where @Summitsearcher is coming from being in the north east. It's illegal to do anything up here, but not to have a new friend hang out for the night. Maybe technically in their camper in the driveway, but who would know!? I'd welcome the company, The wife probably wouldn't and my driveway's a bit small. ;) Maybe one day I'll own land and I'll add my name to the app you're going to make all by yourself.
Sponsored