First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Greyish Dirty Rubi
Occupation
Project Manager and Planner
I just got my Jeep back from the dealership after about a 2 months process and 1.5 of that with the Jeep sitting on their lot with no windshield at all. Cracked my windshield within 10 days of getting the Jeep. The dealer didn’t process the insurance yet for the windshield and now I am going to push this glass warranty on them since we have not had the best experience with them. They just failed to communicate with us.

thanks for sharing the document, hopefully it works for my case.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It's HGP: Hyperperformance Glass Products.

Kevin
Yes, and they partnered with Corning to make the windshields using Corning Gorilla Glass.
So either way, the inside-facing layer will be Corning Gorilla Glass, the windshield made by HGP.

HGP is a privately owned American company in case anyone cares.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Find a good dealership and they will take care of your problems without causing new problems.

Full coverage glass insurance is cheaper than that and will replace your windshield for free.
Well Justin looks like the first one is on me. I definitely learned my lesson. My bad.

ZoneArc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Manager, Solutions Consulting
The Gorilla glass doesn't hold up any better than the standard windshield, and considering the premium cost and warranty claim issues, you're almost better going with the standard windshield and paying the $250 for a local windshield installer swapping you out per incident.

The better solution is to get ExoShield on your $250 replacement and skip the Gorilla Glass. You'll get much better protection this way. It'll usually run you $400 for the install.

https://www.getexoshield.com/persona/adventurers

Sponsored

ajstx09

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
I had to use the warrany on mine less than a month owning my JT. I had the GG Included on my factory order. Less than 1500 miles and I had about a 3 inch chip/crack. Took it to my local dealer on a Friday and they said “the guy who works this claims is off today, come back Monday cause he uses a special tool to analyze the crack” I was like oh ok sure. I come back Monday and didn’t ask for anyone specific, just some random service agent helped me. He took a picture with his special tool (IPHONE), he then needed a copy of my invoice to prove the GG was in the factory order. I had to call the dealer where I bought it and have them email it to me, they didn’t want to at first but ended up doing it. Then the guy ordered the glass and it was installed the next day.

it’s been about a month since. I have two chips in it already and I have to take it back because there’s a wind noise coming from it when I drive over 60 mph and if there’s any cross winds. Super annoying.

IMO, the GG sucks. The only good thing was that I got a replacement for free but I still got chips in it within a few days. Normal driving on the highway, haven’t even been off road yet.

OP
OP
MikeInMo

MikeInMo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 05 LJ Rubi
As the owner of several Jeeps and many more Jeep windshields over the years, I jumped at the opportunity to get a Gorilla Glass windshield for my Gladiator. I did not expect to have to replace it less than a month after taking delivery, but things happen. If you aren't familiar, the GG windshield has a two year limited replacement warranty. Basically, they won't replace it for small chips or major accident type damage.

Long story. TLDR - I am now more than two weeks waiting to get a warranty replacement authorized. Skip to Rant Over if you don't want the details.

My incident occurred on my way to work on Friday morning 10/29. I was on the highway and heard a loud pop that made me jump. Because I have done enough windshield claims over the years, I know the time, location, and weather conditions (40s and rainy) when it occurred. By the time I got to work about 10 minutes later I had two cracks emanating about a foot in each direction from near the bottom edge of the windshield near the driver side wiper. When I got to work, I saw there wasn't a typical bullseye, and I could not feel the crack. The GG top layer took the impact, but an inner layer cracked. I called a local dealer service department that morning and got an appointment for Wednesday 11/3.

I dropped my truck off on 11/3, and they kept it all day. When I called that afternoon to check on it, I was told they didn't know anything about the GG warranty and had not had a claim for one to date. I emailed the service advisor a link to the Mopar GG page that includes general information, the warranty, and even the replacement part number. My advisor thanked me for the information, told me they didn't have a windshield in stock, and it would be a couple days before they got one in. When I went to pick it up, the advisor took a couple pics of the crack to include in the warranty claim. If you're wondering: Mopar Gorilla Glass Information

On Sunday 11/7, I noticed the cracks were running and were now within six inches of the edges of the windshield. I took a couple pictures and emailed them to my advisor to look at Monday and asked for an update. No response.
Second email on Monday 11/8. No response.
Phone call Tuesday 11/9. He was out. Someone else would call me back. No response.
Phone call Wednesday 11/10. Voicemail. No response.
Phone call Thursday 11/11. Voicemail. No response.

All I want is an update at this point. My messages have been polite but firm. As frustrated as I am, I know getting ugly will get me nowhere even faster than I am already getting there. Continuing on....I was on that side of town early afternoon Thursday 11/11, so I stopped by the dealership. My advisor was there. He told me he was waiting on a response from the "Digital Imaging Claims Department." I asked if this long of a response was typical and if there was a way to follow up or expedite. Blank stare. He said he would call me back by the end of the day. You guessed it. No call that day or Friday 11/12.

I emailed again Monday 11/15 asking for a call back by noon. I got an email response that the "Digital Imaging Claims Department" wanted pictures of my VIN plate, odometer, and the cracks (all info he had already). I sent pics in less than 30 minutes. I have heard nothing back even though I have followed up.

In the meantime, I did contact @JeepCares last week to see if there was anything they could do. All they did was confirm there is a warranty and tell me to work with my dealer. Pretty much useless.

Rant Over

Has anyone else had a GG replacement claim through the factory warranty? What did your process look like? Any pointers?

Does anyone know anything about the Jeep/FCA/Mopar/Stellantis/Lee Iacocca Memorial "Digital Imaging Claims Department" that seems to be a blackhole for my service advisor? What are typical response times? Is there a way to follow up with them? Is this even the correct way to process a windshield claim? This claims process seems similar to what a lot of auto insurance companies are using to process/estimate accident claims. While fraught with their own issues, taking more than two weeks to respond does not seem to be one of them.

I am open to any and all suggestions. This should not be this difficult.
I was really hoping to post a positive resolution to this by now, but alas....

So after getting a little hope from my follow up on 11/15, radio silence again for the rest of the week.

I stopped by the dealer service department on Monday 11/22 and went straight to the desk of who appeared to be the assistant to someone in charge. I calmly told her I needed to speak to someone in charge who could actually get something done. After a few minutes of running around, she ended up putting me with another service advisor who sat down with me and went through the whole situation. It took less than two minutes to figure out MY WARRANTY CLAIM WAS NEVER SUBMITTED :mad::mad::mad: by the previous service advisor. Three weeks wasted.

So we sat there and went through the entire claim submittal process, and I was promised a call back the next day Tuesday 11/23. Things seemed to be going the right direction. I got a call the next morning. Claim denied because the service advisor used the word chip in the description of damage even though multiple pics included clearly show the cracking. He said would resubmit and get back to me by the end of the day.

As of this morning Monday 11/29 I still hadn't heard anything back. I'm frustrated and disappointed but can't say I'm even a little surprised at this point. It is now a month since the original crack on 10/29. I had a busy morning so I shot a quick email asking for an update. I got a response saying that an area manager who might be able to help is on vacation. I responded that this needs to be escalated to whoever can actually do something now. A month to get this done is too long. A month to be stuck on step one of the process is incompetence.

To me, this is a 90% dealer service department issue / 10% Jeep warranty process issue. This is not a technical issue at all.

Maybe this week.....

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
How is this for an idea...This promo just came in the mail from MOPAR (claiming among other things it helps the cracked WS issue)...The "traditionalist" are likely to explode after seein this, but hey, after a cracked WS or two, I'd certainly consider it...And yep, my Mojave on order has the G-Glass fwiw.

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215367ab.html

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have noticed all newer chips and dings on the glass are up higher and bug splats have moved upward a bit (fewer in the lower 1/4 of the glass) but due to the way the windshield is sloped (meaning it really isn't very much) nothing will be perfect.
My first windshield got a crack from one of the very first chips and was replaced over a year ago. This one has multiple chips that glimmer in the sunlight and so far, no cracks. (I wish it was GG but it is not. My next one will be just because "what can it hurt")

Jeep Gladiator Gorilla Glass Warranty Claim grill-wreath-2021

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
How is this for an idea...This promo just came in the mail from MOPAR (claiming among other things it helps the cracked WS issue)...The "traditionalist" are likely to explode after seein this, but hey, after a cracked WS or two, I'd certainly consider it...And yep, my Mojave on order has the G-Glass fwiw.

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215367ab.html
I remember seeing somewhere on this forum a guy saying he had the deflector and it didn't do much at all.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I remember seeing somewhere on this forum a guy saying he had the deflector and it didn't do much at all.
Design has a lot to do with it - SPEED of the vehicle, wind direction and speed, size of the projectile, etc. all come into play.
The more expensive "bug deflectors" are actually and literally wind tunnel tested, some others are designed using computer programs that duplicate wind tunnels as much as possible.
So some work better than others.
I did a ton of research one night, got curious. Looked over dozens of articles and tests.
The old style that stands up - the ones we put on trucks and cars in the 70s and 80s are pretty much worthless. Wind tunnel tests show almost no improvement with those. The low pressure area behind them sort of pulls the air back down again if I recall their explanation correctly.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer said they don’t do glass. I have to go through a third party and have them submit the claim. That doesn’t sound fun.
Where I am (vancouver Island Canada) if your vehicle did not come with the GG as per the VIN they wont even do the replacement at the shop unless it is completely out of pocket, I tried to get my normal windshield replaced with GG when I had a huge crack, and just pay the difference after insurance, but the shop laughed at me and said if you want to pay the $1125 Cdn you can and then "try" and get the amount for normal glass reimbursed, but run the risk of nothing being covered at that point....this does not mean that "warranty work" for GG from factory would not be replaced....

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Where I am (vancouver Island Canada) if your vehicle did not come with the GG as per the VIN they wont even do the replacement at the shop unless it is completely out of pocket, I tried to get my normal windshield replaced with GG when I had a huge crack, and just pay the difference after insurance, but the shop laughed at me and said if you want to pay the $1125 Cdn you can and then "try" and get the amount for normal glass reimbursed, but run the risk of nothing being covered at that point....this does not mean that "warranty work" for GG from factory would not be replaced....
Some dealers don't do the glass - the dealership where I bought my truck and took it to for the glass replacement had a "kid come in and do the glass".
Few dealerships actually do the glass themselves around here. They can't afford to as it's such a specialty thing requiring the right tools and expertise. For the few times a dealer has to replace glass it just doesn't pay for them to be equipped and trained.

OP
OP
MikeInMo

MikeInMo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 05 LJ Rubi
Some dealers don't do the glass - the dealership where I bought my truck and took it to for the glass replacement had a "kid come in and do the glass".
Few dealerships actually do the glass themselves around here. They can't afford to as it's such a specialty thing requiring the right tools and expertise. For the few times a dealer has to replace glass it just doesn't pay for them to be equipped and trained.
The dealer that is in theory working on mine said they would have a third party come to me to replace it once approved. I was told that dealers that do glass work themselves have to keep certain certifications AND a considerable inventory of replacement glass - windshields and windows.

Tangentially, I know from talking to people in the body shop world that auto insurance companies won't let them do glass work anymore either. My guess is there is a similar training/certification involved if they want to do it in house.

OP
OP
MikeInMo

MikeInMo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 05 LJ Rubi
I was really hoping to post a positive resolution to this by now, but alas....

So after getting a little hope from my follow up on 11/15, radio silence again for the rest of the week.

I stopped by the dealer service department on Monday 11/22 and went straight to the desk of who appeared to be the assistant to someone in charge. I calmly told her I needed to speak to someone in charge who could actually get something done. After a few minutes of running around, she ended up putting me with another service advisor who sat down with me and went through the whole situation. It took less than two minutes to figure out MY WARRANTY CLAIM WAS NEVER SUBMITTED :mad::mad::mad: by the previous service advisor. Three weeks wasted.

So we sat there and went through the entire claim submittal process, and I was promised a call back the next day Tuesday 11/23. Things seemed to be going the right direction. I got a call the next morning. Claim denied because the service advisor used the word chip in the description of damage even though multiple pics included clearly show the cracking. He said would resubmit and get back to me by the end of the day.

As of this morning Monday 11/29 I still hadn't heard anything back. I'm frustrated and disappointed but can't say I'm even a little surprised at this point. It is now a month since the original crack on 10/29. I had a busy morning so I shot a quick email asking for an update. I got a response saying that an area manager who might be able to help is on vacation. I responded that this needs to be escalated to whoever can actually do something now. A month to get this done is too long. A month to be stuck on step one of the process is incompetence.

To me, this is a 90% dealer service department issue / 10% Jeep warranty process issue. This is not a technical issue at all.

Maybe this week.....
Here is a twist. I am now being told that factory installed Gorilla Glass does NOT qualify for the Mopar parts 2 year warranty that includes road debris damage and falls under the Jeep 12mo/12k mile factory defect warranty. If true, there is no reason to pay for the factory upgrade, but I am waiting for a case manager to call me within 24 hr to likely be told to pound sand.

How I got here - Through other social media, @JeepCares told me to call Mopar at 800-521-9922 a couple weeks ago. That ultimately went nowhere. As a follow up, I was told to call Jeep Cares 877-426-5337. When I did earlier this morning, the system said it recognized I have an open case and connected me to the person handling it. It turned out to be the same lady at Mopar. She said I needed to contact Jeep at....877-426-5337, the same number I had just called.

I was then transferred to a Jeep representative who said that only the factory 12/12 warranty applied but assigned me to a case manager.

Still radio silence from the dealer service department. No returned message.

My current takeaway is that the windshield upgrade is the factory equivalent of dealer window etching and pinstriping, a worthless money grab. Hopefully I get better news from the case manager, but I'm not holding my breath.

Has anyone successfully had a factory installed GG windshield replaced under warranty?
Sponsored