Great Balls Of Fire.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Interesting. I'll take deep breaths people. Kinda reminds me of the early postings during the red hot feet scandal of may aught 19. I do believe the grille slats are wider on this model. Not clear enough in my mind now why they widened that slats and what was the limiting factor in tow rating. This one deserves a comment dog. Here ya go..

735ab6874420d6c5a9f94ffe54f5e777.jpg
Sponsored

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
The heat alone from a fire like that has anealed all of the metal. Wiring is toast. Believe me, 25 years as a volunteer fire fighter, its a total loss. Just glad no one was hurt. The Jeep is very easily replaced. You are not.

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
The heat alone from a fire like that has anealed all of the metal. Wiring is toast. Believe me, 25 years as a volunteer fire fighter, its a total loss. Just glad no one was hurt. The Jeep is very easily replaced. * * * .
Dude, focus ... His Gladiator won't be 'very easily replaced' if his insurance company balks, or if FCA and its insurer balks, or if everybody just stands around for 5 years during litigation pointing fingers at each other as to who's to blame for the cause of the fire.

If the owner has deep pockets ($ $ $) and hires an aggressive lawyer who can scream loud and well both on the phone and in court, he might get a replacement Gladiator inside 3 years, possibly 2, but maybe not. The court system is as slow as the judges and lawyers make it.

Til then, he'll be driving a leased Kia ... or Ubering a helluva lot.

Good luck.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Dude, focus ... His Gladiator won't be 'very easily replaced' if his insurance company balks, or if FCA and its insurer balks, or if everybody just stands around for 5 years during litigation pointing fingers at each other as to who's to blame for the cause of the fire.

If the owner has deep pockets ($ $ $) and hires an aggressive lawyer who can scream loud and well both on the phone and in court, he might get a replacement Gladiator inside 3 years, possibly 2, but maybe not. The court system is as slow as the judges and lawyers make it.

Til then, he'll be driving a leased Kia ... or Ubering a helluva lot.

Good luck.
ummmm, I'm pretty sure comprehensive coverage would cover this and the vehicle would be replaced within days if not a week or two. If the owner decides to order a new Gladiator, that could take months, but I think you are being a little dramatic.

Sponsored

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
ummmm, I'm pretty sure comprehensive coverage would cover this and the vehicle would be replaced within days if not a week or two. If the owner decides to order a new Gladiator, that could take months, but I think you are being a little dramatic.
This.
There is a whole area of law dedicated to figuring out who owes who what.
Owner will get paid and then subrogation will go to work. His insurer might go after FCA, or lets say Warn, if the winch was the cause, etc.
https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/subrogation

I should add that subrogation might find it's not worth subrogating just pay and call it a da .

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Interesting. I'll take deep breaths people. Kinda reminds me of the early postings during the red hot feet scandal of may aught 19. I do believe the grille slats are wider on this model. Not clear enough in my mind now why they widened that slats and what was the limiting factor in tow rating. This one deserves a comment dog. Here ya go..
3eg4cf.jpg

or what if its the grille slats are too wide causing the wiring to just fuse itself to the firewall?

just having some fun, i'm sure we'll find out in due time.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
The heat alone from a fire like that has anealed all of the metal. Wiring is toast. Believe me, 25 years as a volunteer fire fighter, its a total loss.
lol, you don't say? :giggle:
i was thinking,
image.jpg

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
The heat alone from a fire like that has anealed all of the metal. Wiring is toast. Believe me, 25 years as a volunteer fire fighter, its a total loss.
captain-obvious-gif-8.gif

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
3eg4cf.jpg

or what if its the grille slats are too wide causing the wiring to just fuse itself to the firewall?

just having some fun, i'm sure we'll find out in due time.
This is just too easy Sneezy ole friend!!! Lol.

philosoraptor-noses-run-feet-smell.jpg

phil-braun-nike-shoes-on-fire-protest-1024x512.jpg

3753733.jpg

Sponsored

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
Crummy for the owner. In terms of having a fire extinguisher not a bad idea but Ill first get my kids out then let it it burn to the ground. That's what insurance is for and honestly if its already burning, I don't want it back. Ill let Jeep and my insurance figure it out.

Deleted member 23202

looks like the horns survived.

That's more likely going to be the use of mine. Saw some hillbillys trying to weld with their starter cables at Jeep Camp. (no, not really, but it was smoking and sounded like a welder, didn't need the extinguisher, but glad it was near).
Really?! Hillbillies?
Some welders and mechanics know that you can use long jumper cables to arc weld when necessary for a trail fix. Done it and seen it a few times and it got folks off the trail or home. Carry specific arc rods and long jumper cables rather than lots of spare parts.
My JKUR had twisted the front axle outer tube from the differential and fixed it with jumper cables and arc rods.
Sponsored