Gun holster options?

Trenabol10

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I got a CMM universal accessory mount on the driver side and attached an IWB holster to it after removing the belt clip. should be a factory option IMO
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2015 Harley Tri Glide, 1928 Ford roadster pickup
I’m a Gibson man. No holes drilled, just replace one existing screw with one and a spacer, available for either side of floor console, and excellent workmanship.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I dont mean to be a wet blanket, but just remember when considering vehicle holster options that anything not strapped down becomes a missile inside the vehicle during a crash. imo, a loaded firearm is one of the last things I'd want flying through the cabin, probably only behind a saw or halligan. I'll hazard a wager that kydex friction lock holsters would likely be insufficient to retain the weapon during a crash. If you absolutely have to have a vehicle mounted pistol holster, id get something with a snap or attach a small bungee around the grip to hold it in.

Just my $.02

Last edited:

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Our mounting solution doesn't require drilling any holes, and gives you the ability to mount a holster on either side of your center console. A weapon specific holster is a much superior method of attachment when compared to a magnet mount or a universal hook and loop holster. Not to mention our mounts can be used with a lot of other things us Jeepers have rolling around in our Jeeps.

https://centerak.com/products/jeep-jl-jt-wrangler-gladiator-1-5-belt-accessory-mount
This looks exactly like what I'm looking for. No need to drill new holes and appear to be solid.

Ordering.

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Assembly Technician

MATADOR1

First Name
JOHN M HILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So I recently found the TTO handgun mount which is great and all, but seems the manufacturer has an estimate of 1-2 months to ship. I also found Gibson Leatherworks...but that's not exactly my style. I'm looking for something that looks a little more tactical, but that does NOT require any drilling. Any other good options out there ya'll are using or have had?
I ordered this under the steering wheel holster for my vehicle about a month ago. I am still waiting on it. When I get it I will let you know my thoughts.

https://goldstarholsters.net/product/under-the-steering-column-holster/

Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I would be concerned that my AR15 would be stolen via smash and grab.
I’m sure that folks would only be looking to use that when the vehicle is manned, while patrolling the perimeter of their property to ensure that no zombies got in the wire.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt this would work for a polymer slide like my Five Seven, I would love something like that though.
Even if it worked, you don't want a magnetic holster like that. For a bunch of reasons.

1) its open for all to see. Unless you have a small penis, and are compensating, this is a bad thing.

2) It does not cover the trigger. Which means the only way to carry it is with an empty chamber.

Leaving the chamber empty in a defensive gun is . . . well, its stupid. You are much better off finding a holster that covers the trigger and leaving a round in the chamber.

In general, I don't see the point to these kinds of vehicle holsters. Carry the gun on. your person. Find a holster that works, carry the gun in the holster.

Back when I drove 45,000 miles per year, I used an ankle holster. And while they are normally a dumb idea, they are totally comfortable when driving, and here is the great part, SUPER easy to access when you are driving. As it is now, I just carry a 365 at 4 o'clock in a Crossbreed Supertuck and its comfortable for as long as I spend in the car.

Either way, off body carry in plain sight, with an empty chamber and an unprotected trigger is just plain idiocy.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered this under the steering wheel holster for my vehicle about a month ago. I am still waiting on it. When I get it I will let you know my thoughts.

https://goldstarholsters.net/product/under-the-steering-column-holster/
This is a far better solution. Its still dumb because the gun is in plain sight and you have to unholster it and reholster it to carry it. (Generally speaking you want to minimize administrative handling of a loaded gun as much as possible. For example, at the end of the night, I leave my gun in the holster and remove the entire holster. )

But at least the gun is positively secured with the trigger covered, which allows it to be carried safely with a round in the chamber.

CompanyMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S
Couple of thoughts on guns in vehicles, as I have been carrying and driving for decades:
1) Unless you have a sturdy locking option, like a LockRDown or console vault, leaving a gun in a vehicle is a bad idea.
2) Moving a gun, or worse yet a holster and gun off your person then onto your vehicle when you get in, then reverse when you get out will be a hassle, and you will eventually stop doing it regularly.
3) If things go south you are not going to think, you are going to revert to habit/training/muscle memory. Your hand is going to where you usually carry.
4) for a handgun, I have found it best to just get in the vehicle and belt in. If you need your CCW, you will go for it where you wear it. It will be there. If the seatbelt is in the way you can either twist your hips or undo the belt.
5) For a rifle caliber option I like a Sig MCX in 300 BLK with a 6.75" barrel and a 20 round mag in a backpack. A rattler would be easier to get. You can put a few other items in the pack, like a 30 rd mag in a belt pouch, or a USGI mag bandoleer with 6 mags (awesome but heavy) or 3 mags (lighter and you can use Pmags). If you want quick access the backpack can sit in the passenger footwell partially open in you want, in the front seat, or behind the passenger seat. It's easy to take it in to work in the morning and lock in a closet or locker or office, take back out to the vehicle, then take into the house in the evening.

CJXJJT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
51 CJ3A, 71 CJ5, 72 CJ6, 93 XJ, 21 JT
Occupation
Machinist
Have to agree with CompanyMan. I carry a Glock 43 indide the waist band because I don't want to fumble for it and with a cheap little Blackhawk tactical holster you don't even know it's there.
As far as AR-15s go, my 9mm AR pistol fits fantastic in my Bartact seat cover pocket or my light weight gets locked behind my rear seat.
Jeep Gladiator Gun holster options? 20220515_102609
Jeep Gladiator Gun holster options? 20220515_102450
Jeep Gladiator Gun holster options? 20220515_102505
Jeep Gladiator Gun holster options? 20220515_102609
Sponsored