Sponsored

Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice

Ware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
From what I was told they are super swamped at the moment.
He got back with me. Thanks. He was off yesterday and yes it does sound like they are swamped. He's trying to get through the backlog of emails.

Yeah, they are a small dealership with low overhead doing big dealer volumes. My guess is that is probably how they are able to offer the pricing they do - so I think it's good to show them some grace/patience. When I picked mine up last week, Daniel Gupton himself took it to top off with diesel before I left.
Sponsored

Darkspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTDR
I was told there was no estimated delivery time on the 2023 gladiators. Has anyone ordered and received a 2023? If so how long did it take?

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I was told there was no estimated delivery time on the 2023 gladiators. Has anyone ordered and received a 2023? If so how long did it take?
I don't even think production on the MY 2023 Gladiators has even started yet.

Sponsored

Tank43

First Name
Tank43
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Sienna,
Yeah, they are a small dealership with low overhead doing big dealer volumes. My guess is that is probably how they are able to offer the pricing they do - so I think it's good to show them some grace/patience. When I picked mine up last week, Daniel Gupton himself took it to top off with diesel before I left.
Ditto on Patience. Took me three weeks to receive a confirmed response on an order inquiry with several emails. Maybe an issue with email servers back then, but retried with new emails and got thru. Small dealership offering a very fair deal. But as posted above, are doing a huge volume since those that are educated and seeking a fair deal wind up there. I like the strait forward business approach with no hassles or BS. I love it and after this deal I'll likely keep going back there vs local that seem to play games as you know.

First Name
Mr Pie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mojave
Occupation
pie maker who crawls the mall looking for the biggest and baddest speed bumps for some flex.
I was introduced to Daniel Gupton and Renee Berry from Gupton motors when I started looking for a Gladiator last year in these forums. I am always wary of dealerships and I have never bought a car from a different state.

I ordered the car around June. I made some changes to the order after I put it in. Then I waited until the Gladiator was ready. They notified me as soon the Gladiator was in August. I searched far and wide for good rates for financing.

I was waiting for them to screw me on the deal.

But Daniel and Renee did an amazing job with the build and even secured me the best deal than 5 other banks I worked with.

Maynor picked me up from the airport and Renee took care of the rest in person.

I searched in the hood and under the car to find where they are trying to screw me over and I could not find anyone thing wrong with the car, the financing, and the final pricing.

I picked it up. They spoon fed me on how to make the final taxes etc for out of state transaction and I made the 10 hour drive back breaking in the engine.

Great experience, Great dealer, and great people.

I will be referring all my buds to this dealership.

The best part is that I saved over 8k over about 30 dealerships that I talked to.

The Gladiator was amazingly clean when I got it. So when I found the first mud pit, I had a fun time breaking in the 4WD and the locker.

Again one of the best dealership I have worked with. You have a customer for life.
Jeep Gladiator Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice thumbnail_IMG_4601

Bes518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave soon
I was introduced to Daniel Gupton and Renee Berry from Gupton motors when I started looking for a Gladiator last year in these forums. I am always wary of dealerships and I have never bought a car from a different state.

I ordered the car around June. I made some changes to the order after I put it in. Then I waited until the Gladiator was ready. They notified me as soon the Gladiator was in August. I searched far and wide for good rates for financing.

But Daniel and Renee did an amazing job with the build and even secured me the best deal than 5 other banks I worked with.

I searched in the hood and under the car to find where they are trying to screw me over and I could not find anyone thing wrong with the car, the financing, and the final pricing.

I picked it up. They spoon fed me on how to make the final taxes etc for out of state transaction and I made the 10 hour drive back breaking in the engine.

The best part is that I saved over 8k over about 30 dealerships that I talked to.

The Gladiator was amazingly clean when I got it. So when I found the first mud pit, I had a fun time breaking in the 4WD and the locker.

Again one of the best dealership I have worked with. You have a customer for life.
great review. I’ve never purchased a car in another state either. How do taxes work? You pay only for your home state right? (Besides the small county tax there)

First Name
Mr Pie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mojave
Occupation
pie maker who crawls the mall looking for the biggest and baddest speed bumps for some flex.
great review. I’ve never purchased a car in another state either. How do taxes work? You pay only for your home state right? (Besides the small county tax there)
Pretty much. I freaked out because one of my buds told me I might have to pay taxes twice. One of the accountants from Gupton walked me through the process after having a laugh.

They will send me a check and I take it to the local DMV. They said they will Fed ex everything. Like I said before, I have been burned by so many dealerships, I was second guessing everything. But great people.

Tank43

First Name
Tank43
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Sienna,

Ditto BB. I picked mine up Saturday. Maynard picked us up from the airport in a brand new Wagoneer for the 45 min ride to Gupton. Payment and handover process took about 30 mins. Easiest transaction ever. Paid cash, so no finance details to work out for me. Great experience. How refreshing to have an honest, strait ford, no BS dealership to do business with?

Sponsored

NewSlant

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S

great review, I cannot wait to pick up my JT from Gupton!

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
Pretty much. I freaked out because one of my buds told me I might have to pay taxes twice. One of the accountants from Gupton walked me through the process after having a laugh.

They will send me a check and I take it to the local DMV. They said they will Fed ex everything. Like I said before, I have been burned by so many dealerships, I was second guessing everything. But great people.
Care to say which state you live in? I posted in the Mid Atlantic forums asking if anyone here in Maryland has done this and didn't get anywhere.

When I corresponded with Daniel last month, he said they don't collect out of state taxes and pay it like a local dealer would but there is a local sales tax they have to charge.

Ware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
...When I corresponded with Daniel last month, he said they don't collect out of state taxes and pay it like a local dealer would but there is a local sales tax they have to charge.
That local tax on my Gupton invoice was about 0.3% of the purchase price (less than $200). Then I paid my normal new vehicle sales tax (6.5% here in AR) when I registered/tagged it Arkansas.

Bes518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave soon
Care to say which state you live in? I posted in the Mid Atlantic forums asking if anyone here in Maryland has done this and didn't get anywhere.

When I corresponded with Daniel last month, he said they don't collect out of state taxes and pay it like a local dealer would but there is a local sales tax they have to charge.
I did hear that you can roll in that into your financing if you wish to. I’m trying to confirm.

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
I did hear that you can roll in that into your financing if you wish to. I’m trying to confirm.
That would be my preference as well. Sales tax depending on how i equipped it would be 2600-3000. I'd rather fold that into the payment and preserve my cash in hand.

Regardless when I order mine its going through Gupton. The Boss and I discussed it and she's onboard for turning it into a mini-roadtrip up through the Smokies back to Baltimore.
Sponsored