Happier Then or Happier Now?

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
It struck me today as I washing my truck, that I am far more content and pleased with it than I was when I first brough it home.
The thing drove nasty and was all over the road, and CEL came on in the first 3 miles. The dealership was closing and turning off the lights when we left, so there was no going back right then and there.
It's taken nearly a year to get everything the way I want it, but all issues are solved and I can honestly say that I am pleased with the truck.
It still looks great, performs flawlessly, and drives great.

So what about you?
Has it been a good relationship, or are you thinking about a divorce?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
The roof squeaks, I've had two phantom cel's, a bad abs sensor, a possible CP4 failure on the way and in any crosswind I'm scared I'll be pulled over for a possible DUI. Every once in a while I'll see an HD Ram that calls my name... then I'll be coming off a trail wondering, "where was the trail or any challenging obstacle?" and the thought of a new truck fades away.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Can't say Ive been happier with another vehicle as much as the JT (except my old K5 blazer). And I even say that as its been at the dealer the last 2 days for a suspension popping noise when turning / articulating and what I think is a bad gas strut on the soft top as the passenger side won't fold down as flat as the drivers side.

But 31K miles and almost 2.5 years of ownership and that's the only issue I've had, I'll take that all day from a Jeep!!! :)
Knock on wood!

Sponsored

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
Took delivery of my JT on April 1st 2021.
Loved it then and still do.
No problems with it so far at 27k miles.
I still go out to the driveway just to admire her beauty.
She's a keeper.

RustyK

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired LE
You guys sure do give a new Gladiator owner the warm fuzzy’s about buying my first Jeep. I’ve had mine a week and I sure am feeling like I made the right choice!!!!!

Medical_Bartender

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Willys, 2015 JK Willys, 2001 Ram 2500
Occupation
Active Duty
Love mine. 3500 miles in the last 6 months with a fair amount of mods which has me even more attached. Buuuuuuut I also still love my first born 2 door JK. It can be stressful trying to decide which keys to grab in the morning. I've literally looked at them for 30-40+ seconds thinking about which to drive that day. :involve:

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
30100 miles, about 2 years, and it's my favorite vehicle ever, counting 2 other jeeps and a few better handling, faster, quieter, sportier, more fuel efficient vehicles.

I love it, rattling manual clutch pedal and all.
I love this Jeep so much that we're looking for a JL to replace our JK (which we also love, but it's got 100k miles now).

Other than the aforementioned rattling clutch pedal (common on the MTs), and a leaky axle (warrantied and fairly common on 2021s) right after I bought it, my jeep has been problem free. No lights, or any issues or anything that would keep me from getting where I'm going on or off-road.

Also, the roof comes off, the doors come off, and the windshield folds down. And it's bright freaking yellow. I love it.

gamorg02

First Name
garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
It struck me today as I washing my truck, that I am far more content and pleased with it than I was when I first brough it home.
The thing drove nasty and was all over the road, and CEL came on in the first 3 miles. The dealership was closing and turning off the lights when we left, so there was no going back right then and there.
It's taken nearly a year to get everything the way I want it, but all issues are solved and I can honestly say that I am pleased with the truck.
It still looks great, performs flawlessly, and drives great.

So what about you?
Has it been a good relationship, or are you thinking about a divorce?
What did you find was the most helpful for fixing the "all over the road"?

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
51,000 miles in just under 3 years. I don’t know how I ever survived with a 2 door TJ. To me m, the hard tonneau cover is the most important mod I have (even though it was installed when I bought it). Between my hockey gear, camping gear, golf clubs, boating gear (coolers, fishing gear, tubes, etc.), I don’t know how I ever survived. Still squeaks after sitting, my 8.4” screen looks like shit in the sun through no fault of my own, and I have a small scratch in rear window. Other than that, it’s as good as new and I’m happy with it.

I’m so happy with it that I’ve ordered my wife a Jeep Grand Cherokee L.
Sponsored