First Name
Duran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Occupation
Aviation
My Sport S has the “Body color fender flares”. Am I wrong in thinking my Fender lights (Non LED) are the same as Rubicon and other upgraded trim packages?

I read the product description on the DRL bulb. Here is an excerpt from your website that I need clarification on, please.

”These ORACLE LED Bulbs are a great way to get rid of those dingy white halogen DRL fender lights and upgrade to a pure white look for the 2020 Jeep Gladiator RUBICON and SAHARA (will not fit SPORT)”
Jeep Gladiator Headlight Upgrade for Sport S W/ Max Tow 6DF9A2B8-32AC-49A4-9FBA-AAC5AD157F22

Last edited:

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the same boat with the DRL. I tried a brighter white halogen bulbs but it didn't help. Was thinking about switching to an amber bulb.
I upgraded my DRL's and it did nothing as well (Silverstars). Interesting about amber. Wonder how that would go with the inner being amber as well or would you change them to the same bulb to get an even appearance?

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the same boat with the DRL. I tried a brighter white halogen bulbs but it didn't help. Was thinking about switching to an amber bulb.
I switched to Oracle Amber led bulbs for both DRL and turn signals (same bulb) in my Max Tow, and love them. I really disliked the white DRL's from factory.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Quadratec has their Premium LED that are made by JW Speaker and are supposed to have the same light output and beam pattern just without the DRL/Halo and are plug and play. They are at the top of my list for the price after my research but haven't seen any in person.
I had something similar on my JK from Quadratec. It was their LED HL/FL combo. It was super bright and was just as good as some of the higher end brands that cost almost double. I have not done anything with my lights yet and not sure if I will since I rarely drive my JT now.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I upgraded my DRL's and it did nothing as well (Silverstars). Interesting about amber. Wonder how that would go with the inner being amber as well or would you change them to the same bulb to get an even appearance?
Get Sylvania Zevo 7443 Led bulbs for the Drl, I have those for the DRL and the turn signal and they are super bright. You can almost drive with just them on and see. I got my DRL set to the turn signals.

7443 led amber for turns

7443 led white for DRL

Turn Signals only.
Jeep Gladiator Headlight Upgrade for Sport S W/ Max Tow IMG_20200503_202701

Both together
Jeep Gladiator Headlight Upgrade for Sport S W/ Max Tow IMG_20200503_202734

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase

Liftr

First Name
Duran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Occupation
Aviation
Those Sylvania bulbs all have “For Off road use only”

Jeep Gladiator Headlight Upgrade for Sport S W/ Max Tow 09FDF768-ED42-4158-AF6C-8DA48B70332C

Sponsored

Liftr

First Name
Duran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Occupation
Aviation
So, who's gonna know. They only check to see if it's working when they do a inspection.
True. My concern is that the Off Road Use light has an uncontrolled light pattern, and is hazardous to oncoming traffic.
There is a reason for that disclaimer.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
True. My concern is that the Off Road Use light has an uncontrolled light pattern, and is hazardous to oncoming traffic.
There is a reason for that disclaimer.
Not true, they are not hazardous to on coming traffic. I have never had any issues with getting flashed or anything and I have been beside of a Rubicon with the led package and they are about the same In brightness. They don't really have a beam pattern, they are about like your led tag lights so if you worry about these blinding people then you need to worry about the rear tag lights

The disclaimer is because they are brighter than a Halogen stock light.

Liftr

First Name
Duran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Occupation
Aviation
Not true, they are not hazardous to on coming traffic. I have never had any issues with getting flashed or anything and I have been beside of a Rubicon with the led package and they are about the same In brightness. They don't really have a beam pattern, they are about like your led tag lights so if you worry about these blinding people then you need to worry about the rear tag lights

The disclaimer is because they are brighter than a Halogen stock light.
Okay.
Is the brightness regulated by the DOT?
I’m not trying to be argumentative, but there is some reason for the disclaimer. Otherwise, Sylvania wouldn’t spend the money on printing it.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Okay.
Is the brightness regulated by the DOT?
I’m not trying to be argumentative, but there is some reason for the disclaimer. Otherwise, Sylvania wouldn’t spend the money on printing it.
The brightness is not regulated by any DOT as far as I know when it comes to DRL or turn signals, I know for sure not in NC. It may be different in other states but I doubt it. It's not like they throw light out like a headlight or foglight, they are freaking turn signal bulbs and DRLs, they ain't blinding no one but they are way brighter than stock bulbs or any other Halogen bulb
Sponsored