First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I wonder if his lawyer advised him to get off the internet for his upcoming lawsuit.
Strange how he had all of these issues yet he kept pouring a ton of money into aftermarket modifications. Just didn't make any sense to me.
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
In addition to that I just can’t help but wonder why he kept his Gladiator and didn’t just get rid of it immediately. Go figure!

Strange how he had all of these issues yet he kept pouring a ton of money into aftermarket modifications. Just didn't make any sense to me.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
He probably left for good, after some of the harassment that he took I don't blame him. He had a legitimate issue that he brought to the forums in hopes that he wasn't the only one with the issue and some people were just plain assholes to him.
You must have missed the last two weeks of posts. People legitimately called him out for his questionable scientific conclusions and people took actual temperature readings of their floors in their JTs. His story simply did not add up and he only made it worse by throwing conspiracy theories in to go along with his "facts." When I began reading the thread I was legitimately concerned and thought about not buying a JT. By page 12 I was certain he was a crazy person.

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
You must have missed the last two weeks of posts. People legitimately called him out for his questionable scientific conclusions and people took actual temperature readings of their floors in their JTs. His story simply did not add up and he only made it worse by throwing conspiracy theories in to go along with his "facts." When I began reading the thread I was legitimately concerned and thought about not buying a JT. By page 12 I was certain he was a crazy person.
Nope, didn't miss any of his posts, I enjoyed some of them that weren't heat related. The last 2 weeks of his posts were when people really started to treat him bad, I started to feel sorry for the guy, whether he was crazy or not. He felt he had real issues with his Gladiator and turned to the forum for help, just like every other person would. Some of the people who treated him bad didn't even have their trucks yet, but felt it was necessary to put him down. I'm actually surprised he stuck around as long as he did.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Nope, didn't miss any of his posts, I enjoyed some of them that weren't heat related. The last 2 weeks of his posts were when people really started to treat him bad, I started to feel sorry for the guy, whether he was crazy or not. He felt he had real issues with his Gladiator and turned to the forum for help, just like every other person would. Some of the people who treated him bad didn't even have their trucks yet, but felt it was necessary to put him down. I'm actually surprised he stuck around as long as he did.
That's too bad. Not long after he joined the forum he had one post where he talked about the loss of a couple people in his life recently who were very important to him and how down he had been and how buying his Gladiator made him feel happy and alive again.

Sponsored

Wiggy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
The guy wasn’t harassed. He went on and on and on in every post about his issue. People were asking very legit questions. He seemed at the end to just want to sue FCA without any real evidence. Even a diagnosis from a real doctor. Oh well. I miss some of his stuff, but not the million posts littered around the forum about his foot.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Interesting. Now that you mention it, where is Red?
I heard when he added all the insulation he actually accidentally turned his gladiator into an oven. After refusing to get out in an attempt to prove a point he cooked himself.

Just kidding. Wish him all the best and hope he found what he was looking for.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Without ever having death wobble he joined the class action lawsuit just to get back at jeep.

He went (in 2 weeks) from my Jeep is perfect to the foot well is hot. to here if I photoshop my foot it looks like it was burnt. To it’s not jeeps fault it’s my shoes to well maybe Jeep is as fault to I’m in no ways going to sue Jeep to we should all sue Jeep to I’m going to sue Jeep for death wobble to I’m just going to copy and paste my long story when anyone posts about red gladiators.

He wasn’t here to make friends, he was here to get views. You make more friends with honey and he ran out of it on day 2.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
He probably left for good, after some of the harassment that he took I don't blame him. He had a legitimate issue that he brought to the forums in hopes that he wasn't the only one with the issue and some people were just plain assholes to him.
A ton of us tried to help the poor guy. But he wouldn't take any of the suggestions. If something was really wrong with his Gladiator, it was a defective catalytic converter or a fuel mixture issue.

You can bet if I was cooking my feet daily, I'd be adding more heat shielding OR that converter would be coming off and replaced with a MagnaFlow or Borla free-flow converter or even a test pipe to prove my point to Jeep and the attorneys re: heat build up.

But all he wanted to do was complain. Over and over again. And then the death-wobble complaints started too. Many of us had just reached our limit. This forum is genuinely polite and helpful which what makes this a great place. But a site like DiscoWeb or Pirate4x4 would have had tarred and feathered poor Red.

If I see another post with that many ellipses I'm going to block that user.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, Red was not just randomly picked on. He had everyone's sympathy on his first posting of his complaint. Then it became him regurgitating it or a variation in other peoples threads. He avoided answering peoples direct questions of his so called medical conditions. Eventually evolved into him just wanting to watch the world burn but instead of the world, it was FCA.

So the people that think it was just a picking on a old man for the sake of it, they are way off base and wrong.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Red was complaining about the actual floor pan getting hot to the touch, so hot in fact that it made the carpet hot enough to burn his feet. Through testing on a JLU and a JT with an infrared thermometer after driving long distances in hot weather, I was able to confirm that this was total B.S. The temperatures at the floor pan never got hot enough to burn human skin.

What this thread is about is a totally different issue; that the HVAC system randomly dumps hot air into the floor vents. I've heard of this with JLs and now JTs both, but in all my travels and 17,000 miles in these Jeeps I've never experienced it regardless of weather.

OP
OP

PLucas50

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
There is a long thread on this on the JL forum. There is a vent that the ac system opens every so often to add fresh air to the cabin. I think the idea was if your on recirculating mode you don’t get fumes CO2 etc. to build up. However, it seems due to a design flaw, instead of the fresh air going into the a/c system then the cabin, the air just blows over the top of the cabin air filter directly into the vehicle. If you notice it happening they suggested cycling recirc off and on. That will close the vent (only to happen again in whatever minutes as designed). The other option seems to be disabling that vent door. If you do your stuck in recirc permanently which is not ideal for defog etc. Red’s issue was something different. The heat through the floor boards is constant and more drivers side. This outside air is only about 30 seconds at a time and more on the passenger side.
Thanks for the info. Good to know that someone else if experiencing the same thing and I'm not crazy like the dealership thinks I am. The took temperature readings from the flood under the mat (100*) and above the mat (72*) which they said was normal. I think the did not understand what I was talking about because when I picked the Jeep up from them, they had bee running it with the vents blowing from the dash and floor vents.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Holding back the years...
Thinking of the fear I've had so long...
When somebody hears...
Listen to the fear that's gone...
Strangled by the wishes of pater...
Hoping for the arms of mater...
Get to me the sooner or later...

Holding back the years...
Chance for me to escape from all I've known...
Holding back the tears...
Cause nothing here has grown...
I've wasted all my tears...
Wasted all those years...
And nothing had the chance to be good...
Nothing ever could yeah...

I'll keep holding on...
I'll keep holding on...
I'll keep holding on...
I'll keep holding on...
So tight...

I've wasted all my tears...
Wasted all of those years...
And nothing had the chance to be good...
Cause nothing ever could oh yeah...

I'll keep holding on...
I'll keep holding on...
I'll keep holding on...
I'll keep holding on...
Holding, holding, holding...

That's all I have today...
It's all I have to say....

tenor.gif

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
The guy wasn’t harassed. He went on and on and on in every post about his issue. People were asking very legit questions. He seemed at the end to just want to sue FCA without any real evidence. Even a diagnosis from a real doctor. Oh well. I miss some of his stuff, but not the million posts littered around the forum about his foot.
That was the thing everybody tried to help but he just kept rambling on about his issues everywhere and not listening. Looks like he self deleted all his post and account info.
Sponsored