Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
You’re screwing yourself on labor and the chance you find more damage later. Take it to a qualified shop and let them look at it and have them write the estimate and send that to their company. Then if you chose to do the work yourself you just made a good chunk of change
Also, quoting each broken piece will make for a higher total, than just quoting for the whole bumper. But better to have a qualified repair shop quote it and then they can give you the parts to install at home.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Another thing to push back on the insurance company is that the Rubicon rear bed rock slider attachments are specific to fit the the Rubicon steel bumper only and unique brackets to them that will not fit on the plastic bumper.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Another thing to push back on the insurance company is that the Rubicon rear bed rock slider attachments are specific to fit the the Rubicon steel bumper only and unique brackets to them that will not fit on the plastic bumper.
Was just about to say this. I kept the Rubicon bed sliders from my old Rubicon but in order for them to fit on my Texas Trail Gladiator with plastic bumper, I would need to notch out the sides, hence the "high clearance" mentioned above.

Bobchadwickga

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Insurance
As others have said, take the estimate the adjuster gave you to the shop of your choice, make sure they understand the issue, and let them work it out. They will reach an agreed to estimate with the insurance company and your truck will be fixed.

If not, before taking the time to play around in court, get the insurance commissioner's office involved.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Was just about to say this. I kept the Rubicon bed sliders from my old Rubicon but in order for them to fit on my Texas Trail Gladiator with plastic bumper, I would need to notch out the sides, hence the "high clearance" mentioned above.
Funny, I did the same thing and briefly had both my old Rubicon and Willys at the same time transferring over my mods and thought I could easily swap the bed sliders from the Rubicon to my then new Willys.

Besides the bumper side brackets issue, the Rubicon also on the frame side has an extra welded tube reinforcement for the main bracket that is not on the Willys and probably all the other non Rubicon model frames.

Visually they look close between the steel and plastic rear bumpers, but they are different enough in this respect for the bed sliders to not be compatible without some fiddling and would not be 100% a bolt on swap.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Tell them you want new batteries as well. EVERY small rear end I've been, the battery failed shortly after.
Jeep Gladiator Help Insurance company ripoff battery

Thanks. Had a driver hit a deer this morning. Popped the hood and saw the battery.

Advntrbound

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I cant ignore this...what????
I think it has to do with the jarring of the plates inside. Im not a battery tech though, just a W.A.G. but its never failed. Small rear end accident at a stop light and within a week the battery is toast.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Essentially they are trying to pay me out for a plastic bumper and are refusing to replace the hitch receiver. I had a hitch cover that was destroyed and the hitch has scratches on it, so I want it replaced. They are claiming the damage isn't bad enough to replace
The fact that this is going on tells me that you have not yet made it clear to them that you are willing to sue them for anything that you feel slighted about.

Their driver is at fault.

The law says you deserve to be made "whole". That means a exact parts replacement, rental car, zero deductible, and diminished value pay out.

Like I said, Small claims limit in your state is $10,000. That is above what they think it should cost to fix it.

One thing I do agree with them about is their reluctance to have you do the work. If there is a leinholder on the title then they need to be sure the work is done and is done properly.

This is because the leinholder wants it repaired.

If you owned the truck outright, you could negotiate whatever you want. Its all a big negotiation.

Another story. I was T-Boned while driving an Acura that I had owned for years. It had 150k miles on it but ran flawlessly. I used it for business as a software salesman and it still looked and ran great.

But it wasn't worth much.

When I got T-Boned (not very hard) I had an ambulance ride to the hospital to get checked out.

They wanted to write me a check for like $6000 and total the car. But I knew I could get the car fixed for $2500 by a friend.

So we made a deal. They paid me $10,000. I signed a document stating that I was waiving all further liability on their part and I got to keep the car.

When the bank owns the car, they have an interest in making sure it is fixed by a "professional".

If you didn't have a loan, you could take the money and not even fix it.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As others have said, take the estimate the adjuster gave you to the shop of your choice, make sure they understand the issue, and let them work it out. They will reach an agreed to estimate with the insurance company and your truck will be fixed.

If not, before taking the time to play around in court, get the insurance commissioner's office involved.
This is a great point. Bring it to the shop of YOUR choice and have them go over the estimate and tell you if they will actually do the work for that amount.

Remember that the ins co wants the number to be as low as possible and the shop wants it as high as possible. Let them hash it out.

Then while its being fixed, discuss with the ins co.
1) diminished value
2) rental car.

husker_fan

First Name
josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado,suburban,grand cherokee
I'm an adjuster for an insurance company, not everyone is a jerk trying to screw you over. We are human and make mistakes.

Both bumpers look similar and they probably clicked on the wrong one when using Mitchell, the estimating software.

If you disagree with the estimate take it to a shop and get a new estimate and take theirs with you so they know where to send it. I'd recommend going to a body shop to make sure nothing was missed. Let the body shop advocate for you.

A lawsuit would likely be waste of time for such a a small thing that can get sorted out.

Diminished value: you can ask for it, but depending on the state you may not be entitled to it.

Rental car: they should be able to provide for one while it's in the shop, just ask about
Sponsored