Sponsored

How to get best of both Rubicon and Mojave worlds?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Are there any reports of damage to the frame in on non Mojaves in the area it is stronger? Seems like a non issue, addressing a problem that doesn’t exist.
Sponsored

We are in trouble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Haha! Stock for stock the "Rubi people" you speak of can get to more places then your Mojave.
All you have is a smoother ride. And last I saw at three of my local dealers here in California the Mojaves were the same price as Rubicons.
Mojaves carry no more clout then Rubicons out here.
LOL. You made my point.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Do you know what is actually different in the Mojave’s frame?
I’ve tried searching and can’t seem to find anything definitive.
The main thing is re-inforcements of the coil buckets, but there are others. Theres a video on the web with the chassis off.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
physician
I personally would go Mojave as I like the wider wheel offset, higher stock suspension, reinforcements and prefer the regular transfer case. Then again I don't do any slow rock crawling so that makes the difference.

You can easily add the front manual disconnect (which will allow for more travel than the rubicon but less convenient), I don't know that they make a true trac for the new D44 but if they do that would be arguably as good or better than the locker.

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Thanks for posting it up in that format for us technically challenged.

I’ve driven roads like that in my stock ‘18 wrx. Was super fun!
Love to see you try the Rubicon trail with no front locker, no swaybar discount and no extra skid plates.
A winch will get you through.
Rubicon’s features will make it a lot easier though.

I, of course, went Rubicon. I wanted a diesel, can’t get that in Mojave.

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Surprised no one has mentioned going coilovers on a rubicon as a potential best of both parts bin. Get something with enough wheel travel for 4hi and turn the low speed locker and swaybar disco limiter off with technology. I’m sure a fab shop could address any perceived weak chassis points and one can buy the knuckles.

its all a function of money and time.

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Here’s a pic of the mojave, rubicon, and silvertruck. Just pointing out that where you start with either platform probably isnt where you end up.

Jeep Gladiator How to get best of both Rubicon and Mojave worlds? 10B33E0C-F373-49CD-AE51-0F3730DD7209

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Tazer + Fox IBP 3" shocks (10" travel) + fox air bumps + EVO 3" kit (or Currie full kit + evo springs). Done. No cons. All pros. Shocks are adjustable for high speed and low speed separately. It's freaking amazing. Coilovers are not necessary.

I suppose if literally the only thing you're doing is dunes... then maybe still stick with the Mojave due to the reinforcements/etc. If there's any cross over at all though I'd recommend the above approach. No harm in going Mojave otherwise though. Nice to start out with those reinforcements.

I drove both a 392 JT and my Diesel this past weekend. Both had the same shock setup as mentioned above. Hemi was a bit more fun due to the responsiveness though I think the pedal commander should wake up the diesel a bit. That said, Hemi was getting 7 mpg and I was getting 20 :) JTRD does feel a bit underpowered on 40's though. When I do axles I will likely go 4.56.

Last edited: