Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I recall seeing something on here in the last month or two about how the Hurricane is too long for the Gladiator/Wrangler platforms. It was made for the Cherokee/Wagoneer platforms. To fit it physically would require lengthening of the engine bay or a pushback of the firewall, neither of which are small tasks, let alone finding suitable mount locations after that.

I'm going to see if I can find that article. I would love to be wrong.
Yeah, there were a couple of posts in the one thread about the I6 being too long to fit.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Yeah, there were a couple of posts in the one thread about the I6 being too long to fit.
As far as i know there was only postulating if it would fit or not. The hurricane length is ~ 9 inches larger than the pentastar which puts it at nearly the exact same length as the hemi 6.4. It'll be tight, but i do believe it will fit with out extensive modifications (or at least dissimilar mods to fitting a hemi)

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I recall seeing something on here in the last month or two about how the Hurricane is too long for the Gladiator/Wrangler platforms. It was made for the Cherokee/Wagoneer platforms. To fit it physically would require lengthening of the engine bay or a pushback of the firewall, neither of which are small tasks, let alone finding suitable mount locations after that.

I'm going to see if I can find that article. I would love to be wrong.
As far as i know there was only postulating if it would fit or not. The hurricane length is ~ 9 inches larger than the pentastar which puts it at nearly the exact same length as the hemi 6.4. It'll be tight, but i do believe it will fit with out extensive modifications (or at least dissimilar mods to fitting a hemi)
They fit an I6 in the Quadratec YJL 30th anniversary build - which I thought the old I6 was longer than the Hurricane I6…

ReverendZ

First Name
Zebulon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Mack's Toe Nacho
Occupation
Powersports Technical Support
I can't believe Noone has asked what size tires you can run and how big a lift you need.....🤓

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I can't believe Noone has asked what size tires you can run and how big a lift you need.....🤓
.........or what abiogenic oil to use.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I will wait for the factory installed version. Or repower this 2020 Sport many years from now with a 3.6.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I will wait for the factory installed version. Or repower this 2020 Sport many years from now with a 3.6.
Most sources point to the I6 replacing the Hemi, not the Pentastar. You could be waiting for something that never comes.

Also, your 2020 Sport already has the 3.6. What are you going to "repower" it to? Another 3.6?

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
The heck with the torqueflight, I want a clutchflight tranny.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
The heck with the torqueflight, I want a clutchflight tranny.
Have not seen one of those in decades. Last time was in my buddy's dragster with a injected Hemi.

Sponsored

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
If it has a 6.4 Hemi bolt patterned block Quicktime performance has the scatter shield. RM8077. Then slap a Tremec magnum 6 speed with a mid shifter behind it.

TR 6060 4x4 Transmission

GM and Ford no longer make pickup trucks with a manual transmission. Dodge is headed that way also. RSG manufactures the only Tranzilla Tremec 6060 6 speed trans in a 4 Wheel drive option. This unit will fit GM, Ford, and Dodge pickups and also Jeeps with LS engines installed. It has all of the features of our Tranzilla 6 speed units with an extension housing that mates to a variety of transfer cases. The extension housing comes with a template so that you can clock the transfer case to fit your needs, right or left drop for the drive shafts, and any position to wind up with the correct u joint angles. Give us a call and let our tech guru help you with your project and get rid of the automatic slushbox and retake control that only a stick can offer, while improving your fuel mileage with double overdrives.

Hit up Ram clutches for a twin disc clutch and hydraulic throw out bearing.

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
Silver sport transmissions has a 5 speed but I don't think it can handle the power of a boosted V8 irregardless of having a Cummins application on their site lol!

Chilli

First Name
Wolfgang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLADIATOR RUBICON
Occupation
RETIRED
Sure but I too keep asking