Sponsored

I measured the height of my JT on 35s next to a stock JLU...

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Almost the same height. From pavement to rain channel on both, my JT was only 1/2" higher (69"). From pavement to frame, my JT was only 1/2" higher (13"). This doesn't make any sense. Except, if his tires are at factory 36 psi and mine are at 30psi, that could account for the 2" difference in height that there is supposed to be. Or the steel bumper, winch, recovery gear, and some weight in the bed made me lose another inch. I recall the front went down about 1/2 -1" after adding the winch

Mine is a sport, his is a Sahara xe. Maybe the xe has a different suspension to accommodate the extra weight of battery?

I recall my stock vehicle had about 11" from pavement to rear diff. I don't ever reacall measuring to the frame when it was stock.
Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I mean, this sounds pretty accurate to me, though

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Almost the same height. From pavement to rain channel on both, my JT was only 1/2" higher (69"). From pavement to frame, my JT was only 1/2" higher (13"). This doesn't make any sense. Except, if his tires are at factory 36 psi and mine are at 30psi, that could account for the 2" difference in height that there is supposed to be. Or the steel bumper, winch, recovery gear, and some weight in the bed made me lose another inch. I recall the front went down about 1/2 -1" after adding the winch

Mine is a sport, his is a Sahara xe. Maybe the xe has a different suspension to accommodate the extra weight of battery?

I recall my stock vehicle had about 11" from pavement to rear diff. I don't ever reacall measuring to the frame when it was stock.
Makes sense to me based on all the variables you said. And it sounds like you figured out all the reasons, yes?

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
If he's on 33 and you are 35's you would only see 1" height difference max. 1" from the center of the wheel down to the ground, the other inch is from the center of wheel to top of tire.

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
If he's on 33 and you are 35's you would only see 1" height difference max. 1" from the center of the wheel down to the ground, the other inch is from the center of wheel to top of tire.
This.

If you had the exact same tire with the exact same mileage set at the exact same PSI, you'd likely see less than 1 extra inch of height (since the JTs are bit heavier). Half an inch is not at all surprising with him running higher tire pressure.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Yep that sounds about right from what you posted.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe the Sahara is on 31s

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
4xe jls are taller than their non 4xe breathren as they use longer but softer springs up front than the jt (swapping the wife's 4xe front springs for my Rubicon jt front springs netted only 1/2 inch)
Also the 4xe Sahara is on 32's

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your tires might be smaller than 35s.
Falken MTs are 34.7" in diameter. I did a thread about how they lost some diameter after being mounted and under load. But so did my oem Dueler ATs and so do all tires

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Falken MTs are 34.7" in diameter. I did a thread about how they lost some diameter after being mounted and under load. But so did my oem Dueler ATs and so do all tires
Falken MTs are 34.2 mounted on a Jeep Wrangler JKU, I'd guess they would be around the same or less on a JT.
Sponsored