Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Technology
That's not a theory. It's FACT!!
Along with the fact that the Yeti versions (also called "bumbles") all live in frozen tundra areas near the North Pole, the singing ones are often confused with the extra terrestrial Purple People Eaters - all of which may or not be seen enjoying a daquiri or two with Elvis and JFK in South America . Or is it they're seen when I've had a daquiri or two or three? Enquiring minds need to figure that part out. ;)
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I'm not willing to spend $1000's of dollars to get a tow to their shop so they can hook it up to the computer.
@JeepCares reimburses for towing.
I've got the @symbol and will have it looked at this week.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
@JeepCares reimburses for towing.
I've got the @symbol and will have it looked at this week.
Thank you brother. I have already been working with FCA Customer Service (when the dealer shrugged their shoulders they gave me "a phone number...the wrong one) and have already sent my receipts, credit card statements, etc.

It is just incredulous to me that I can buy a part at the Parts Counter and bring it back for a warranty exchange "no questions asked", but when I bought that same part attached to a $50K+ vehicle no more than 20 feet away from that Part Counter that the Service Counter 50 feet away can't do the same. Instead I spend three hours going through several phone numbers (because the one the dealer gave me was the wrong one) and 2 emails later, I finally have my receipts in FCA's hands.

Mind you, I'm no stranger to "maintenance". I am a retired Director of Maintenance and Reliability for a Fortune 50 company so I've had my own share of dealing with internal and external service/parts/etc. This (the previous paragraph) is not customer service IMHO.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Yesterday I took the doors off as we are expecting to have a rare clear sky's for a full week here in Houston.

This morning, when I tried to start my Gladiator, it did something funny. It went through the motions of turning on, that is, everything except the engine. Then, it took the weirdness to a new level as when I tried to turn it off, it stated that I must be in park, but I was. all the lights on the floor shifter were illuminated.

I unplugged the battery and later in the day I finally managed to get it jump started. But now the check engine light is on and the start stop light is displaying on the top right.

The truck starts right up now but I have no idea why it would have done this in the first place. It's just over a year old with low miles and the original battery. And while I would typically use such an event as an excuse to run off and get an Optima battery, I would much rather know there is nothing wrong with my truck.

it does get humid here, could that have something to do with it (exposed)? My JK used to go months topless with no errors.

I've added a lot of aftermarket accessories, is there a means of seeing if there is a drain when the engine is off? Did I cross some wire somewhere?

added a second pic because it's so damn sexy, you can all understand my frustration.

20220912_204826.jpg

20220910_171007.jpg
I give you permission to put that decal on your truck. Texas officially recognizes me as "The Papa". Nice Jeep.

Jeep Gladiator I need theories. Graycie2

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Thank you brother. I have already been working with FCA Customer Service (when the dealer shrugged their shoulders they gave me "a phone number...the wrong one) and have already sent my receipts, credit card statements, etc.

It is just incredulous to me that I can buy a part at the Parts Counter and bring it back for a warranty exchange "no questions asked", but when I bought that same part attached to a $50K+ vehicle no more than 20 feet away from that Part Counter that the Service Counter 50 feet away can't do the same. Instead I spend three hours going through several phone numbers (because the one the dealer gave me was the wrong one) and 2 emails later, I finally have my receipts in FCA's hands.

Mind you, I'm no stranger to "maintenance". I am a retired Director of Maintenance and Reliability for a Fortune 50 company so I've had my own share of dealing with internal and external service/parts/etc. This (the previous paragraph) is not customer service IMHO.
Damn sir ,that's my title the last 20 years ,been in the trucking industry almost 35 years now. I know where your coming from now a days its a real freakin joke trying to get something repaired under warranty everywhere.

Sponsored

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
FWIW, FCA has agreed to reimburse me for my auxiliary battery (I assume because I used a Mopar battery bought at a dealership) but not reimburse for the starter battery (again I assume because I bought it at AutoZone and thus isn't an "approved OEM replacement part"). They have yet to respond to my query as to why they decided not to reimburse for the starter battery.

Since no one here really knows me, I'll tell you that I classify myself as "a realist", i.e. I am an optimist...with prior experience. That said, I am happy to get reimbursed anything at all. I figure it has been a win-win-win scenario; I got my vehicle out of the backcountry at minimal expense, I have two new batteries each with 3 year replacement warranties, and I recovered about 40% of my cost.

I'm posting all of this as a bit of a watch out to folks out there. It does appears to be possible to get reimbursed for the cost of warrantied repair parts that you replace yourself (or I assume have someone else do) with Mopar parts. The information that you need to retain and ultimately provide to FCA are (excerpt from the email sent to me):

1) A complete copy of the Repair Order from the dealer.
2) The necessary proof of payment. Documents acceptable as proof of payment are as follows:
• Repair order (stamped)
• Credit card receipt
• Credit card or bank statement
• Cancelled check (both sides)
• Cash register receipt (if paid cash)

Hopefully this will help someone else out there

@JeepCares if you happen to read this, PM me and I'll send you my case number. Maybe you can shed some light on why my starter battery claim wasn't approved.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
@JeepCares if you happen to read this, PM me and I'll send you my case number. Maybe you can shed some light on why my starter battery claim wasn't approved.
Or take the initiative and PM them first.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Or take the initiative and PM them first.
Yeah...just thought being mentioned twice in this thread now that there might be some "customer service" opportunities on the table...

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah...just thought being mentioned twice in this thread now that there might be some "customer service" opportunities on the table...
Their standard response is to request a Private Message be sent. They do very little public posting.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Their standard response is to request a Private Message be sent. They do very little public posting.
I know...I thought it was a little tongue-in-cheek to actually tell them to PM me like they always tell people. I guess that "snark" missed the mark. LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
Man I love just how off topic this thread got.

I'll start harassing the local dealerships tomorrow but if I get a lot of flack, I'll just go get one on my own. Any I should stay away from or are there are any brands batteries I should aim for?

Obvious goal here is to have Bigfoot install it for me while wearing dealership coveralls, but I don't mind doing it in my driveway either.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Last I knew there were only two wet lead cell battery manufacturers Interstate and Johnson Controls. Many different grades of battery though.
As an Interstate dealer, be warned probably $150+

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
For whatever reason, none of the local auto parts stores around me had the auxiliary battery. AutoZone told me that they and smaller stores like O'Reilly and Advance, etc. "weren't allowed to carry it yet". NAPA said they could provide it but it would have to be shipped in. So I went Mopar for the Auxiliary. I always replace my starter battery with a Duralast from AutoZone. Not personal preference, it's just a block from my house.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
love these theories :)
Right?!?! The gal who told me that made me laugh. Even had it up on the screen of the computer. I instantly thought of this when she went into her spiel:
Jeep Gladiator I need theories. 1663194687359
Sponsored