Sponsored

If you could do it over - What would you change?

MoxiesDad

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2014 Jeep Patriot
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
Wouldn't change anything. Spent several months getting all the info I could from this forum and thinking about what I would be happy with in the long run. Ordered to my specs.
Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
If you have that much trouble with your vision then maybe you should stick to your budget Benz and avoid jeeps altogether. Safety first my friend.

personally Iā€™d be more worried about the thousands of barely running vehicles on the road in Oklahoma due to no inspection requirements but sure continue posturing on a forum. Itā€™s good for the soul.
Ooooof

A fan of government inspections?

Ouch

Reactions: ALL

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Maybe have waited a year to get the transfer case that is 2H 4FT 4PT N 4Lo. I had that in my '96, and '03 Grand Cherokees. AWESOME system. Wish they came out with it in the first year. Other than that, wouldn't change a thing. Ordered her just the way I want her.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I would upgrade to the 8.4
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/7ā€-to-8-4ā€-upgrading-screen-size-success.13564/

I wouldnā€™t say Iā€™m 100% dissatisfied. Iā€™m just saying if I had to do over I would have bought another vehicle. Itā€™s my first Jeep, I like it because itā€™s different. Iā€™ve enjoyed driving it on the beach and in the snow. Iā€™m just use to driving chargers and challengers, going fast. I think if the gladiator had a v8 option it would be the perfect vehicle. Iā€™ve also had some electrical issues and leak issues which have bothered me. I donā€™t think jeeps are for everyone.
What leaks? Has the dealership checked it out?

TwelveSoldier

First Name
J T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and Wrangler
I would want removable top panels similar to the Renegade and a rear roll down into body window. I would barely remove the top all together and rarely see anyone else do it. I've seen some serious off roaders and they still have their hard tops on, but doors removed. I think a similar effect would be easier to achieve with the above method. Although on my JK I love the top off. Not sure why I feel different about my JT.

jenkij

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Sting grey instead of black, but I got it when they were heavily discounting them and it was equipped as I wanted it plus I already had an Anvil JK before. But black shows every little flaw and I certainly don't wash the thing more than once a month if that much. But it's a Jeep so who cares.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 F-150, ā€˜15 CTS, ā€˜21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Another thing I ordered that I thought I would like is adaptive cruise.

Wow...

It's everything I thought it would be and more; not a cheap upgrade but I feel like it paid for itself on the drive home from the dealership. Very happy with that decision.

There's a lot of misinformation in this forum as to how the system doesn't work well. It works spectacularly. Only thing I have to do sometimes is give a little extra gas when changing lanes to pass slower traffic because it takes 2-3 seconds to kick in in that regard.

The Duke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
AV / VC Engineer
I got basically every option except the bed outlet, heated seats, proximity door locks and aux switches. If I could do it over again I'd go aux switches for sure as any good option after is way more than 400 bucks. Also I'd probably go diesel for the torque and power.

Options I didn't think I'd need or really use but ended up loving are the front camera (I end up going first on a lot of obstacles because of it so I can spot for others), auto cruise control (seriously the best option ever for me since I basically constantly use cruise control), proximity locks I added and the trail rail bed kit for tie downs.
How difficult were the proximity locks to add? I was debating installing the drivers door kit. This is my biggest regret...
Sponsored